Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder Review

I agree with you. Mine arrived earlier this week. It's literally just a laser rangefinder, but it does it better than anything else I've used. Build quality is superb and it feels amazing in hand. It's a little heavier, but with my big hands, I love that. Also makes it feel more stable at longer distances. I don't need the magnet because I never use it anyway. That said, the only thing that could improve this is front, back, and middle GPS readings. The optics are FANTASTIC. Sharp as a tack. Adjustment is seriously easy. It feels like Apple made this device. :ROFLMAO:
The optics are just mind blowing

I attempted to find a discount code ... anywhere.:unsure:
On the plus side, you will never trade this device in. ( in fact I think the company guarantees it ).
It is rugged and incredibly water resistant if it helps to sway you.

Can only echo what has consistently been said so far repeatedly on the Cobalt. As far as price I was on the fence at first and had actually been looking at this for a while before my purchase. As a hole this unit is well worth the purchase price because of the quality of build whether it be the physical aspects of it or it’s impeccable eye piece and display which is hands down the nicest I’ve seen. The decision to purchase for me came down to I have never looked away at paying a premium for a excellent product and this was no different. If looking into this unit vs say a Precision Pro or a Amazon rangefinder or the like you’re not comparing apples to apples as those aren’t in the same league to the clarity, speed, build, and most of all warranty (lifetime transferable) that comes with the Cobalt and it’s not even close. Breaking down the cost can be done more easily if looking at it the way you would clubs or the such as cost per year, because without a doubt with the company’s history in the field and warranty this unit will last longer than those of their competitors and make the costs more bearable if you main concern as it was for me at first and originally led to my delay in the purchase. Ever since I haven’t looked back as it is everything you could need in a rangefinder and done to the highest industry standards.

OMG, you people are such enablers....

:ROFLMAO:

After some additional time with this device, I couldn't be more pleased. It was honestly a technological relief in that it hasn't been glitchy at all and is stellar at everything it claims. It LOOKS good, FEELS good, and PERFORMS at a level that I would call best in class.

After some additional time with this device, I couldn't be more pleased. It was honestly a technological relief in that it hasn't been glitchy at all and is stellar at everything it claims. It LOOKS good, FEELS good, and PERFORMS at a level that I would call best in class.

Wanted to chime in with another update. This Cobalt Q6 continues to be a fantastic addition to my bag. Had a foggy day recently and it still worked really well. Battery life so far is outstanding. Still love how easy it is to see through it. And the unit "just works". That's the best praise I can give any piece of tech.

Think y'all ought to know that today Cobalt is offering 25% off their rangefinders.

Slope -- $315.

It's 25% off now through Cyber Monday - you have the weekend. Like I said $315 for slope edition, less for no slope. May pick one up for my son's Christmas gift.

Last edited:
It's 25% off now through Cyber Monday - you have the weekend. Like I said $315. May pick one up for my son's Christmas gift.

Thanks for that! Also, no tax, just $10 for shipping. I just picked one up. :)

B9C4802E-3D69-414A-83B9-FCC79AE64562.jpeg

B9C4802E-3D69-414A-83B9-FCC79AE64562.jpeg

That is an AMAZING price for what is imo the best rangefinder out there.

Like you have said, the optics alone are reason enough to buy and at under $300, a steal. The only rangefinder optics that are similar are from Leica and their cheapest model is more than twice the price.

Like you have said, the optics alone are reason enough to buy and at under $300, a steal. The only rangefinder optics that are similar are from Leica and their cheapest model is more than twice the price.
The optics continue to blow my mind!

Dang that’s a hell of a deal!! It was already a must buy in my mind. This makes it criminal not too!
It’s the beat rangefinder out there imo.

Dang that’s a hell of a deal!! It was already a must buy in my mind. This makes it criminal not too!
Absolutely this an absolute steal for the price, if anyone was on the fence there’s no more questions now 🤯

Cobalt rangefinder arrived today. I’ll have to get it on course but holy heck the optics are wow! Bright, vivid, impressive. 👍
The speed is great, and once you get to playing with it in different light and can adjust to that or backgrounds behind the flag it’s so great to be able to instantly see the display so clear and crisp.

Cobalt rangefinder arrived today. I’ll have to get it on course but holy heck the optics are wow! Bright, vivid, impressive. 👍

That was the first thing I noticed as well. The optics are just fantastic. Can't wait to see how you like it on the course.

Ok @Jman I did the thing you recommended back on Black Friday.

AE21946D-84C1-4EF8-A715-2051D4BC6A3B.jpeg

Back