Wilson Staff Demo Day Review

Should I buy the Di11's from LBlack14 on here? Ahhhh, so torn.

Honestly? I say yes! They are fantastic. Long, high, straight, and really gorgeous at address.

I honestly hated the di11 irons. Just one of those things where everything felt a little off. The irons are okay, but they could be better in so many ways.

I honestly hated the di11 irons. Just one of those things where everything felt a little off. The irons are okay, but they could be better in so many ways.

You're really going to have to expand on that.

Di11 Irons - I love these. Long, high and straight and I saw people hitting them better than just about everything they came across.

DXI Driver - A real sleeper this year. I would prefer a different shaft in it, but the club head is the real deal.

FG Tour Irons - Love the look, but I like more forgiveness. For a players iron, these are as good as most on the market. And they look great.

FG Tour Wedges - This is one that I am in the minority on. I just did not care for these. I struggled with their versatility and when hitting them side by side other options, they just did not work well for me.

DXI Hybrids - Very good hybrid. Again I have a shaft issue with it when comparing dollars for dollars against the Mashie and the quality that is found there.

All in all, the Wilson Staff gear really impressed me. Top to bottom a solid company really putting out some good stuff.

JB, I have wanted to try the Di11 irons but that uniflex shaft is keeping me away. You normally use a stiff shafted iron right?

If so, I'm just curious how that shaft worked for your SS. Thanks.

Anyone else that has a SS over 100 and tried out these irons please chime in. Thanks!

JB, I have wanted to try the Di11 irons but that uniflex shaft is keeping me away. You normally use a stiff shafted iron right?

Anyone else that has a SS over 100 and tried out these irons please chime in. Thanks!

My driver SS is around the hundy mark and I love the shafts in these irons. Smooth swing is all they want

Thainer, I gotta agree. I have given these irons every chance in the world outdoors and indoors and they just don't suit me. Since we both like the Redline irons a bunch I am guessing something in our swings is not working with the Di11's. What would do the trick is find a way to create the same stiff tip in a regular hosel so someone that likes the club head could easily reshaft them. I think the half and halfs can be reshafted, so that is something.....

I have no trouble with them. Keep in mind that more golfers play the wrong shafts in their clubs than the right ones, so the best thing you can do is give them a try.

My driver SS is around the hundy mark and I love the shafts in these irons. Smooth swing is all they want

The way you hit them I can understand why.

I'm pretty sure coolbreeze had the uniflexes in his Di11's and I didn't have a problem hitting them at all, and I've been fit for x flex shafts. I used his clubs quite a bit during our scramble round. That gap wedge is just nasty. I'm not joking, please don't let whatever stigma there be attached to W/S keep you away from trying these irons. They really are unreal!

I'm still sitting here wishing I was a more serious golfer so I could game those FG Tours.

I'm still sitting here wishing I was a more serious golfer so I could game those FG Tours.

Tell me about it. Why do I want a set of Wilson irons all of a sudden? Stupid THP demo days......hehe

If there was an award for best looking iron award I think he FG Tours would have got my vote.

Wanted to add a pic of the grip from the DXI line. I believe they are the same ones on the Di11's as well. Pics were taken on my phone so they aren't great, but you can see what I was talking about with the different slits in them that to me just made it uncomfortable.

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

I actually like that about those grips, makes it easy to maintain a good grip without having to strangle the club. But that's just me

I'm a super serious golfer so I demo'd the bejeezus out of them lol.

Di11 Irons- TC runs over to me and says Jake, you gotta get this club NOW so I oblige and grab the Di11 6 iron and I was simply blown away at the distance and ease of hitting it. I usually prefer a little smaller iron but man you can't argue with hitting a 6 iron high and dead on line every time!

DXI Driver- Simple look and simply awesome performance. I would never have tried it had there not been such a buzz around THP after the review and other people had gotten a hold of it. Outstanding driver in my opinion.

FG Tour Irons- Look was simply classic, these things scream player when they're in your bag. Obviously not as easy to hit as the Di11 but really a solid club when struck well and not as impossible to hit as other tour irons that were out there.

FG Tour Wedges- I would stack this wedge up next to any other wedge on the market. Great look and great performance.

DXI Hybrids- Couldn't get over how easy this was to hit. I hit it high and on a great line each and every time I hit it.

Some great feedback guys. Surprised to hear so many great things about the driver in particular. I haven't given a Wilson driver a swing in a few years, and back then they didn't stand out. Sounds like the socks have been well and truly pulled up in Wilson town!

Yeah, those are for lefties :)

that's because you don't need a sweet spot

@Marcawesome brings his own sweet spot, he doesnt need one on the club.

Paulo, that driver is one of the best out there imo. In fact, 4/5 of the best drivers I've hit weren't part of the big guys. Not saying these companies in particular aren't big but you know what I mean. The DXI was long, forgiving and just a blast to hit.

Some great feedback guys. Surprised to hear so many great things about the driver in particular. I haven't given a Wilson driver a swing in a few years, and back then they didn't stand out. Sounds like the socks have been well and truly pulled up in Wilson town!

Were there different lofts available for the DXi Driver, FW Wood and Hybrid? If so, was any loft preferred over another? Such as, was 9° Driver preferred over 10.5° Driver or vice-versa. Thanks.

Were there different lofts available for the DXi Driver, FW Wood and Hybrid? If so, was any loft preferred over another? Such as, was 9° Driver preferred over 10.5° Driver or vice-versa. Thanks.

Yes multiple lofts were available in each club.

I think I only hit the 10.5 degree driver. I did hit a 13 and 15 degree 3 wood and found the 13 more difficult to hit for me. I tried different lofts in the Hybrids as well.

Same here. In fact DDec and I hit a lot of the same stuff. His ball striking is on another level compared to mine and we both were hitting similar shots with the hybrids and Driver. WIlson Staff really knows how to level the playing field.

I think I only hit the 10.5 degree driver. I did hit a 13 and 15 degree 3 wood and found the 13 more difficult to hit for me. I tried different lofts in the Hybrids as well.

Back