Tiger Woods Press Conference

If you believe or want to think that his last 3 years are dominating golf (compared to the field), then we have different definitions.

His record in Majors as compared to the field; the part you bolded. The rest of the sentence was "So even though TW didn't dominate during the above stretch as he had previously...I'm speaking to overal record."

And if you want to believe that the last 2 years was because of injury, that is up to you as well.

I said I'll give him the injury excuse. As in, I'll accept him using it to explain his poor play. Didn't say I believed it.

I see things from a purely objective standpoint in this and I cannot fathom anybody saying the last few years have been dominating.

Why am I, as a Phil fan, not objective? His record in Majors over the 3 years is better than everyone else's.

Dominate - 1. to rule over; govern; control. 2. to tower above; overlook; overshadow 3. to predominate, permeate, or characterize

So yes we have different definitions. Only one I know winning over the same period is Sheen.

Above average in some finishes....Maybe. Great in some rounds? Sure. But not winning in a clip over 1.5 years is no where near a dominating or even good stretch. Whether you compare it to the field, the world, or anything else someone wants to conjure up as a definition.

Again, I'm only speaking to his Majors. Going with 1.5 years (2009 PGA to 2011 Masters), 4 top fives in 6 events is not a good stretch?

Last edited:
All the Tiger threads ever do is make me shake my head LOL

Totally off topic, you ok in OK. The storms didn't affect you I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally off topic, you ok in OK. The storms didn't affect you I hope!

Haha, off-topic yes but I appreciate you asking. Where I'm at got split by tornadoes, we just got the 70-80mph straight line winds and a little hail. We had some big ones throughout the state tonight though for sure.

I stopped caring for Tiger fairly early in his career when he and his friend O'Meara indicated playing in the Ryder Cup was kind of a hassle, and perhaps they should be well compensated for representing their country playing a game that made them rich. I've also thought he's a weeny because of how few events he plays. I also am not a Nike fan. I've never been a fan of how he says nothing, much the same as one his moronic mentors Michael Jordan.

Say what you will about the disgusting behavior of guys like Barkley, and Favre was also mentioned in this thread, at least when they spoke something was said. Hell, with Favre, he'd get asked one question and talk for a half an hour. You could never tell what the hell he was saying, but it wasn't some canned BS.

Tiger's an entitled dick.

Kevin

Haha, off-topic yes but I appreciate you asking. Where I'm at got split by tornadoes, we just got the 70-80mph straight line winds and a little hail. We had some big ones throughout the state tonight though for sure.

Good to hear....return to the stupid TW thread....

I stopped caring for Tiger fairly early in his career when he and his friend O'Meara indicated playing in the Ryder Cup was kind of a hassle, and perhaps they should be well compensated for representing their country playing a game that made them rich. I've also thought he's a weeny because of how few events he plays. I also am not a Nike fan. I've never been a fan of how he says nothing, much the same as one his moronic mentors Michael Jordan.

Say what you will about the disgusting behavior of guys like Barkley, and Favre was also mentioned in this thread, at least when they spoke something was said. Hell, with Favre, he'd get asked one question and talk for a half an hour. You could never tell what the hell he was saying, but it wasn't some canned BS.

Kevin

I like your style, legit reasons all. +1 for the mention of Favre! Huge fan....

Wow, I really enjoy how the hard core Eldrick backer(s) stand behind him like they either have a stake in his success, or like they know him personally and they are standing up for their best friend. Don't talk bad about my Eldrick, boys!

I watched golf, all the time. I was living overseas from 99' thru 04' and woke up at 2 am to watch the Masters. I still like Tiger the golfer, always have, but Tiger right now is nothing compared to the Tiger that was dominant. He was passionate, fiery, an absolute killer. He was also the same person that felt invincible off the golf course as well. Everyone feared him. Then everything changed. He's a broken man, with a broken soul and I'm not so sure he can recover. Maybe he can. I don't know. What I do know is that the way he's been playing golf, Jack's records are safe. I would respect Tiger so much more (and I think his golf game would recover) if he'd just come out and just be honest with himself and with his fans. I think his soul is dark and heavy and no matter how hard he tries, he can't shake his demons and no amount of practice or hard work will fix this. He's being someone on the golf course that he's not and the Tiger that was dominant swore, and slammed clubs, and fist pumped, and screamed, and willed golf balls in the hole, and destroyed his competition and never ever ever QUIT!

Goes both ways I guess:confused2:Cliche of the day- I'm just sayin...

Kevin

Rep added Kevin.

I've said this jokingly for a number of years, but I think tiger made a deal with the devil. Let's see: immediate and long lasting success on the PGA tour (I know he's been golfing since he was 2, but so have others), tons of fame and fortune, hot, hot, hot wife (for a moment), wears red on Sunday (the color of the devil on the Lord's Day, c'mon), nike is a major sponsor (that swoosh is really a devil's horn). I think the devil has seen enough and he's cashing in. Sorry eldrick, it was fun while it lasted.

That's fine be done with him but people need to separate his golf life from his personal.
TC no disrespect but you seem to put a lit of energy into being dine with him.
I think of you as objective so I want to hear from you. When he was winning 33% of the time over 12 years, did you just not watch golf? I need to know what all the haters have done for the past decade while he was waxing everyone that came across him.

Why? Should spectators separate Mike Vick's personal life from his ability to play football? Obviously different issues, but why does one have to separate? Some people do bad things. Now I am not saying that about Eldrick, nor would I, as I dont care either way, but the argument that I am a fan of his golf and not him is futile at best. Sure watching him golf can be exciting, but his true fans and those that defend his every action do not separate it. In all my years around athletes I have never, not once, not a single time been around an athlete as selfish as this person. And if you want to only talk about his acts on the course...That is fine too, he treats fans poorly, treats courses poorly and his act is tiring and exhausting....Not near as much as his fans are, but I respect the fact that they watch him with blinders on. That is what fanatacism is all about and everybody has the right to root for who they choose. That is what is great about this game and every game like it.

When will he get his reps in? I agree with you, he needs to play more, but he doesn't, and he never really did in the past. His schedule is pretty weak compared to most.

His schedule is a joke and has been for a near decade.

You've looked into his eyes through your flat screen and know what is going on in his soul! Oookkk....then I need to book you some live shows in Vegas.
Everyone knows his mental state
Is not what is used to be. But let's go back to His event 6 months ago when he was beat by Gmac on the final hole. That was a swing thing. He played great for three days and lost his swing on the final day. How
About the Masters on Sunday, his swing failed him on the back nine. I saw that on my flat screen...

So every time TW played poorly, it must have been this swing change? Sorry man, I dont buy it. Every bad shot in golf at that level is due to a bad swing...Nothing else. G-Mac outplayed him and out putted him at the end. Just as YE Yang did previously. We could blame every loss on every great player on their swing "giving out".

As a fan if you want to believe its just a swing change thing, all the power to you. Never quite seen a swing change affect someone's putter (and chipping) as much as this in all my years of being around golf, but whatever works.

You got that right. Between the uber fans that feel as though they are getting personally insulted and the people that seem to get joy out of hating on them, they are not exactly rational.

Last edited:
I don't make any money off him and he's not my best friend. He is a man that wowed everyone with his skills on the course. No one knew who he was off the course. No we all know and most are disgusted by it, including me.
He has no one lighting the way out of the darkness. He is trying to figure out what most of us already know. For 33 yrs he has others figuring it out for him. Now he has to do it on his own. He gets to do it in front of the world..not an excuse, a fact.

I find this a little confusing. What is he doing on his own? Is he not still surrounded by the same people in his inner circle? The same people that have lead him to this life where everything he says is scripted and phony?

Goes both ways I guess:confused2:Cliche of the day- I'm just sayin...

Sometimes you make no sense. You just love stirring up the pot don't you? I'm pretty transparent about my thoughts concerning Tiger, I was asked to elaborate more on that so I did. I still don't understand your post. Why does that always happen with you?

Good post JB.

Why? Should spectators separate Mike Vick's personal life from his ability to play football? Obviously different issues, but why does one have to separate? Some people do bad things. Now I am not saying that about Eldrick, nor would I, as I dont care either way, but the argument that I am a fan of his golf and not him is futile at best. Sure watching him golf can be exciting, but his true fans and those that defend his every action do not separate it. In all my years around athletes I have never, not once, not a single time been around an athlete as selfish as this person. And if you want to only talk about his acts on the course...That is fine too, he treats fans poorly, treats courses poorly and his act is tiring and exhausting....Not near as much as his fans are, but I respect the fact that they watch him with blinders on. That is what fanatacism is all about and everybody has the right to root for who they choose. That is what is great about this game and every game like it.

His schedule is a joke and has been for a near decade.

So every time TW played poorly, it must have been this swing change? Sorry man, I dont buy it. Every bad shot in golf at that level is due to a bad swing...Nothing else. G-Mac outplayed him and out putted him at the end. Just as YE Yang did previously. We could blame every loss on every great player on their swing "giving out".

As a fan if you want to believe its just a swing change thing, all the power to you. Never quite seen a swing change affect someone's putter (and chipping) as much as this in all my years of being around golf, but whatever works.

You got that right. Between the uber fans that feel as though they are getting personally insulted and the people that seem to get joy out of hating on them, they are not exactly rational.

I kinda like that Tiger has managed to turn himself into John Daly. It suits him to be the sideshow.

I kinda like that Tiger has managed to turn himself into John Daly. It suits him to be the sideshow.

Can you imagine Tiger in some scrubs looking, over-sized, billowy, Nike slacks with an awful JD-esque pattern? How great would that be?

Tiger burning heaters on the tee? That'd be amazing!

+2. Took all the pressure off of JD.

I'm over Tiger. Way over.

To me Tiger and stuff like this has become alot like Scotty Cameron and all of his die hards. Its old and repetitively pouded into your heads, not to mention say somethig bad then the lover will be on you like flies on...well, you know He was dominant yes, but not even in the realm of that now. Get out and play more golf then maybe I'll pay attention to him but the fact that we only see him in "big" tourney's and all that happens then is we lose TV coverage on players that deserve it so we can focus on whether or not there is going to be a car wreck to watch or a "return to glory". Old.

Flame away though, Its just my 2 cents.

Than the only suggestion I have for you is to quit watching...and only watch when Tiger isn't playing if it bothers you that much.......

Personally, I kind of expect athletes to do what they do. They are role models to kids and not to me so I look past all the arrests/affairs/ect... and try to enjoy the sport(not saying I condone the negative image/behavior). I do understand that there are a lot of people still pulling for Tiger to break every record in golf, and golf would benefit greatly from that, much like it has in the past when he was on pace to do so. I think the comparison to John Daly is a great one, a lot of wasted talent on a guy who thinks too much of himself to embrace his role as a gifted athlete. He needs to pull the "entitled" stick out of his arse and get back to swinging a golf club......

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he has wasted his talent, but I did think today that he could learn a lesson from recent events. Take a look at the life of Seve, as fiery a competitor as Tiger ever was. This man played golf in a way that made you think he knew he was lucky to have this talent and to be able to do this for a living. He loved it, and showed it. Tiger needs to show some of that if he is to earn some respect back on the course.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say he has wasted his talent, but I did think today that he could learn a lesson from recent events. Take a look at the life of Seve, as fiery a competitor as Tiger ever was. This man played golf in a way that made you think he knew he was lucky to have this talent and to be able to do this for a living. He loved it, and showed it. Tiger needs to show some of that if he is to earn some respect back on the course.
Maybe "wasted talent" wasn't quite the right choice of words... how about someone who doesn't fully appreciate the opportunity they are given.

Maybe "wasted talent" wasn't quite the right choice of words... how about someone who doesn't fully appreciate the opportunity they are given.

Spot on.

Well Said Mac!

Than the only suggestion I have for you is to quit watching...and only watch when Tiger isn't playing if it bothers you that much.......

Pretty much what I do now. Good thing is he never play's (well maybe one round) so I'm never forced to watch something else.

Yep, because that makes perfect sense. Hell, to do this I'd have to technically never watch golf because even when he isn't playing they still talk about him and his "struggles". It's sad because it takes so much attention away from the players that DESERVE the attention now for what they are doing on the course.

Back