Tour Edge Exotics Pro 721 Preview

I've really enjoyed the Blue in my 3w. Been a great head/shaft pairing thus far.
I’m just not a big fan of the Tensei stuff. It’s never worked well for me. Have a Nippon I’ll likely move into it.

So, after sleeping on it, I really do think there’s some potential in the Pro driver. I might even stick with the Orange for the sake of I’m GOING to add hotmelt to the head and try to deaden the sound a bit, that weight would also increase my ability to feel the head in the swing.

Going to slug in 3g of hotmelt while the frost delay is on and then go take the driver back out.

Going to slug in 3g of hotmelt while the frost delay is on and then go take the driver back out.
I know you hope this improves feel, but do you think it will allow you to better square up the head and improve dispersion?

I know you hope this improves feel, but do you think it will allow you to better square up the head and improve dispersion?
Yeah, it got my SW up a little. Thing is, I only put a couple grams in until I move to a non CB shaft, don’t want to get it too heavy and potentially beyond my D5 preference

So, after sleeping on it, I really do think there’s some potential in the Pro driver. I might even stick with the Orange for the sake of I’m GOING to add hotmelt to the head and try to deaden the sound a bit, that weight would also increase my ability to feel the head in the swing.
how long does it take to set? Just starting to learn about Hotmelting….

Put an extra Shot Scope sensor on this and hit it ONCE today, on 18. According to SS, 286.

That’ll do pig.

Muahahahahaha! I found my PX custom (the one with no paint) and it still has the TEE tip on it.

So, that’s going into the Pro for tomorrow.

how long does it take to set? Just starting to learn about Hotmelting….
Not very. Rat glue never fully cures. Once the temp drops on it, just to room temp, you’re good.

Muahahahahaha! I found my PX custom (the one with no paint) and it still has the TEE tip on it.

Guess it was meant to be.

Guess it was meant to be.
Eh, maybe. I have the 220, 220 Pro, 721, and 721 Pro here, will work through them all this week.

I know the 220 is the highest launch and spin profile, I saw that in my head to head last year on the homepage with that Pro version, but I’m curious to see Pro vs Pro, the 220 Pro is the one driver from last year I could’ve just kept playing all this year.

If I had as many choices in clubs and shafts not to mention putters my head would explode.

If I had as many choices in clubs and shafts not to mention putters my head would explode.
It’s part job, part addiction, part just wanting to be able to talk golf clubs with you all. Haha

I need to either trade some or put some HS kids in them.

721 Pro wins for looks with the 220’Pro second imo.

It’s part job, part addiction, part just wanting to be able to talk golf clubs with you all. Haha

I need to either trade some or put some HS kids in them.

721 Pro wins for looks with the 220’Pro second imo.
If the 721 pro driver looks anywhere as good as the pro 3 wood it has to be amazing

Hey @Jman how'd the combination with the PX Custom shaft work out?

Had some great rounds with this, then some fell off. As I try to determine the top of my bag for 2023, I'm going to put this one back in play. I have the 16.5* with Tensei Blue.

From a looks perspective, it's fantastic. Smaller head size, but the matte crown is fantastic. Off the tee I can get it out to 230-250. From the fairway I'm looking right around 220 or so. Going to see if it can complete with an Epic Flash hybrid that has been hot and cold for me.

Back