Golf club selection help! TaylorMade or Mizuno

Hi everyone,

Here's the update:) So I went to the range today again, to hit the JPX800 and the TM CB's, well...the store had the MX300's. Long story short, I bought the MX300's. They were very forgiving, and felt like butter. Really liked them, they came with the Dynalite s300 shafts and i have 90 days to play them to see how they work out. If I dont like them, I can return them for credit towards new clubs. Paid $499 for a brand new set, not bad. I'm really happy. Going to play on thursday to see how they do (or should I say how I do :)). Thanks for all of the help. Let me know what you think!!!

PS: the set is 4-GW!

Congrats on taking the plunge lowfi, Mizuno is a GREAT club maker! I hope you share your progress with us.

Hey! Thanks for all of the help. I initially came on this site to get advice on a new set, but you guys were so helpful, I think I'll stick around a bit to share my experiences with these clubs. Feel great and saved a bunch!

Congrats on the new sticks!

The fitting is the best way to go. Buy what you feel is best to suit your game. And what works for you. If you like the blades and want to buy them, it's your money and your choice. Just be prepared and aware that it may take time for you to get back to the point to where you are. I love my clubs and hit them just fine. GOLF is all in your head most of the time. It is for me anyway. When I'm standing over the ball and thinking, man I hope I hit this correctly, I usually don't. Doesn't matter if I'm using my TM R7's or my TM MB's. Once it's in your head, it's there! But when I don't think about it, relax, and know I can hit it. Then every thing works out okay, but that's for me. Every golfer is different. Again, It's your choice to make. Have fun and swing away!!!

Okay I guessed I read the first page of the thread and then made my post. Sorry. CONGRATS ON YOUR PURCHASE!!! Hope you hit the MX300's like a pro!

Last edited:
Good choice lowfi on those MX-300 irons!

Back