Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Someone tell me it's a bad idea to blind buy a putter, please.

I've got my eye on an Odyssey Rossie on eBay for around $100. Whatever I buy will be a massive upgrade from my set putter but a putter seems like something I'd want to test out a little first, right? Or, for $100 are all the mid-mallets going to be relatively the same?

It is NEVER a bad idea to buy a putter, blind or not. 😂

Rossie is a great shape, I think @Tevenor is having some good luck with his lately

I'm disappointed the model I like (#5) doesn't come in LH. There are some nice ones still just kind of a bummer. Second model (other being the Toulon Seattle) I was drawn to recently that doesn't come in LH. THough, I've debated just getting the Seattle anyway and putting RH LOL

hey @Muchmore18 talk to him

I've got my eye on an Odyssey Rossie on eBay for around $100. Whatever I buy will be a massive upgrade from my set putter but a putter seems like something I'd want to test out a little first, right? Or, for $100 are all the mid-mallets going to be relatively the same?

For $100 you can always resell and get your money back if you don’t end up liking it.

I'm disappointed the model I like (#5) doesn't come in LH. There are some nice ones still just kind of a bummer. Second model (other being the Toulon Seattle) I was drawn to recently that doesn't come in LH. THough, I've debated just getting the Seattle anyway and putting RH LOL
Uhhhhhh I started putting RH to hit a Chicago. Soooooo do it:ROFLMAO:

I blind bought my versa big t and have been gaming it ever since, replaced a 35" Adams bagged set putter. I looked at some sites to get an idea of length and figured a mallet was better for me at the time....I paid about the same too, now I want to upgrade and spend way more and moving to a wide blade and am consider taking a lesson or getting fit because its a big difference dropping 100 vs 400....but for $100 I'd take the chance again

I ended up finding a White Hot pro 2 for $50. It’s a little beat up and probably needs a new grip but it will at least let me know if I like the Rossie style.
27995D8F-4FD9-4C64-97CF-3B29878F9E17.png

I was killing time at my PGA SS and I love trying all kinds of new putters.

Stumbled across the OG #1 Stroke Lab and was definitely loving it. I like the curves of the putter head. I like the soft feel of the insert. I dig the red stroke lab shaft. The stock grey grip feels pretty nice.

As a lefty, I am super jealous of the Rossie S , and #1WS owners out there.

I'm not sure what it is, but I seem to like the feel of the TaylorMade Spider over The Odyssey Ten series putters. To me it seems a little more balanced and the weighting seems a little better. Of course the finish is always better on the Odyssey putters then anything TaylorMade.

I’ve been using Odyssey putters since 1997 , the best feel and response . wish they had a Steve Stricker model #2 ? That’s the model style I have always used along with the Odyssey Versa # 6 and white Hot pro # 3 sometimes. The Odyssey 1w is also very good , along with the #5 . Forget those big no feel T mallets, and expensive Cameron’s . I went with the Odyssey OG # 1 stroke lab again best feel and response and stay with standard grip . Quality !

Played my first round with my 7 SL last weekend and it took me back to by best junior putting days with my old WH #8. Used a Yes! Callie, NC Voodoo, Odyssey Black Series and Cameron Red X since then and none have come close to the feel of the WH.

Alignment has been a problem for me recently but the 7 is so easy to line up and start on line. Although my putts per round didn't go down at the weekend I'm sure my distance made went up. The highlights were making 12ft birdie putts on 17 and 18. I actually can't wait until Saturday to putt again with it!

Played my first round with my 7 SL last weekend and it took me back to by best junior putting days with my old WH #8. Used a Yes! Callie, NC Voodoo, Odyssey Black Series and Cameron Red X since then and none have come close to the feel of the WH.

Alignment has been a problem for me recently but the 7 is so easy to line up and start on line. Although my putts per round didn't go down at the weekend I'm sure my distance made went up. The highlights were making 12ft birdie putts on 17 and 18. I actually can't wait until Saturday to putt again with it!

Those memories are fun.
And welcome to THP.

Great stuff! Welcome to THP!

Played my first round with the White Hot OG 7s yesterday, probably one of the best putting rounds I have had! No 3 putts and 8 one putts, in love with this set up!

Put the OG #1 into play today and I’m loving it. Big fan of the setup, feel.
I changed the stock grip to a Garsen Ultimate, which I really like, but it is kinda light weight (only 50g or so).

Anyone add weight to the top end of their putter, without the superstroke countercore option? I kinda wanna add about 15g. Considering the idea of wrapping some lead around the bottom end of the grip, on theshaft.

I have been rolling the Rossie for my last few rounds. I think choosing to stick with one putter for a few rounds was a good choice, as the Rossie has been working really well. I seem to have worked through some of my earlier struggles with alignment, and have been starting the ball on some good lines, with good speed. Do that often enough and putts are bound to drop, and have been. It was nice to close out the season on some pure rolling greens, with a sweet putter, putting well.

White Hot OG 7 back in the bag. Putting has been really bad as of late. It definitely is more of me than the putter but looking for a little more forgiveness than a blade.

Ok, super beginner here so go easy….

Never played a round of golf in my 53 years of life before this summer. Wife and I decided we were going to learn, so I picked up a Strata box set and she nabbed a Solair box set. (Couldn’t see dropping a ton of cash on high end equipment until we were sure we were going to stick with it.) We started hitting the range, signed up for lessons and ended up just going for it and hit the local 3-par course a few weeks ago. Making really good progress (scored two par holes each last weekend!) but struggling so hard with the Strata putter. For grins, I thought “hey let me try the wife’s putter.” Wow, night and day difference. A bit challenging since it was too short for me, but the feel was really an eye opener. Being the beginner that I am, I had no idea what her putter was. Turns out it’s an Odyssey with the MH or WH insert, couldn’t find a whole lot of info on which.

As a beginner, I was struggling with the thought of “hey, I should just learn to hit this” vs. “I should really get a new putter and not struggle so much here.” Many hours of research later, a LOT of carpet putting between the two and the decision was made, it was new putter time!

Oh man, so many brands, shapes, options etc. I was really drawn to the Odyssey WH OG offerings though and was pretty sure it was either the 5 or the Rossie. Went to the GG store today and rolled just about everything they had. Hit a bunch of other brands first so as not to be too predispositioned, but damn, first roll with the #7 and it was all over but the shouting. Went ahead and re-rolled a few more of the other putters that felt good just to be sure; even bounced between #7, #7s, steel shaft and the SL shaft just to be sure.

Long story short, walked out with the #7 db steel shaft and am super stoked. We’re hitting the course tomorrow and looking forward to how this feels in the real world!

The 7 is incredible. I have the 7S SL and haven’t thought much about changing since putting it in the bag.

The 7 is incredible. I have the 7S SL and haven’t thought much about changing since putting it in the bag.

I tested the Rossie this year with a stroke lab shaft. I loved it. It almost went into the bag. I was able to putt with a very consistent stroke with it. Really glad Odyssey brought back the WHOG line.

Still rolling the #7 but grabbed my original #1 from my parents' garage! My gamer from my high school days. Just need to regrip it.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.40.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.40.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.40.25 AM.png

Ok, super beginner here so go easy….

Never played a round of golf in my 53 years of life before this summer. Wife and I decided we were going to learn, so I picked up a Strata box set and she nabbed a Solair box set. (Couldn’t see dropping a ton of cash on high end equipment until we were sure we were going to stick with it.) We started hitting the range, signed up for lessons and ended up just going for it and hit the local 3-par course a few weeks ago. Making really good progress (scored two par holes each last weekend!) but struggling so hard with the Strata putter. For grins, I thought “hey let me try the wife’s putter.” Wow, night and day difference. A bit challenging since it was too short for me, but the feel was really an eye opener. Being the beginner that I am, I had no idea what her putter was. Turns out it’s an Odyssey with the MH or WH insert, couldn’t find a whole lot of info on which.

As a beginner, I was struggling with the thought of “hey, I should just learn to hit this” vs. “I should really get a new putter and not struggle so much here.” Many hours of research later, a LOT of carpet putting between the two and the decision was made, it was new putter time!

Oh man, so many brands, shapes, options etc. I was really drawn to the Odyssey WH OG offerings though and was pretty sure it was either the 5 or the Rossie. Went to the GG store today and rolled just about everything they had. Hit a bunch of other brands first so as not to be too predispositioned, but damn, first roll with the #7 and it was all over but the shouting. Went ahead and re-rolled a few more of the other putters that felt good just to be sure; even bounced between #7, #7s, steel shaft and the SL shaft just to be sure.

Long story short, walked out with the #7 db steel shaft and am super stoked. We’re hitting the course tomorrow and looking forward to how this feels in the real world!
So how did it go?! Excited to hear about it!

Recently come back to the 1WS. I know I moved away from it earlier in the year because my Chicago was just straight up out performing it. But I've recently been putting work in with this and it's hard to believe how well I'm doing. I'm even putting well in simulator league with this thing! And of course the feel is unreal!

So how did it go?! Excited to hear about it!

Sorry guys - meant to update Monday but work got in the way.

Significant improvement. Played 27 holes over the weekend and putted 22 strokes for each round, several one put holes and picked up three, par holes along the way. (I had been hitting around 30 putts or so prior, so def improvement.) Out little 3-par course does the job but the greens are super inconsistent and bumpy, so it's REALLY hard to get a smooth roll. I definitely had a much higher sense of confidence and even the wife commented that I was putting much better!

Sorry guys - meant to update Monday but work got in the way.

Significant improvement. Played 27 holes over the weekend and putted 22 strokes for each round, several one put holes and picked up three, par holes along the way. (I had been hitting around 30 putts or so prior, so def improvement.) Out little 3-par course does the job but the greens are super inconsistent and bumpy, so it's REALLY hard to get a smooth roll. I definitely had a much higher sense of confidence and even the wife commented that I was putting much better!
Eight putt difference is huge!! Sounds like it's doing it's job well!

I have a WH OG Rossie. I putted really well with it today. I got it from work as I usually use my Scotty but the face is butter. Resurrecting an old thread for a very nice putter. I generally like some toe hang but I rolled this face balanced bad boy really well today.

Back