2011 THP Outing Recap Thread

Reading Yorkems friends recap (Chunkylover) made me laugh out loud at least 3 times.

Me too JB! Yorkem's friend Chunkylover is one of the nicest guys in the world. He and I really hit it off (and even his imposter) and I enjoyed every minute being around him. He has serious game too. He has a beautiful swing and I can assure you we played a bunch of his shots in the scramble. His drive is long and almost always in the fairway. I love watching him hit the ball. Very impressive.

Reading Yorkems friends recap (Chunkylover) made me laugh out loud at least 3 times.

It was a great write up and it was funny the way y'all were yanking his chain.

It really had it all. Great read first thing in the morning.

Posted via Tapatalk.

I do agree. And I can't wait til CL comes to Philly to play golf. I can show him how I'm really not that terrible at this stupid sport.

Great read cheffor!

It was pretty awesome that cheffor and Mrs cheffor decided to celebrate their 10th anniversary with us.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Yorkem's Friend - JB told me about that joke a bunch of times before Sunday's round. I'm really surprised word never got out. I had a feeling it would only last 1 hole, but it's still pretty damn funny. You're a good sport and probably hit more balls than anyone on the range on Friday. Hope you can make it down to another one!

It was pretty awesome that cheffor and Mrs cheffor decided to celebrate their 10th anniversary with us.

Sure was. We ate with them at the Banquet Dinner. They are great people.

perhaps the best quote of the outing....
The False Security Award - Chunkylover...Poor guy actually thought he had a chance during our round
The I'm Out Award - Hanks....Saw him last night and then poof he was gone....
The OEM Kevin Award - OEM Kevin of course....Dude bought a new driver before the outing...Its the same driver he will most likely get for the Morgan Cup.
The Worst Looking Hair Award - The Nachos from Sunday Night at IBar....Although apparently Yoccos liked the look and said they tasted like Jay Cutler.
The Best Hair Award - Coolbreeze...Well until the humidity hit him. Then he was looking like Shaft.
Nostradamus Award - P4B....Calling his shank on the Bear Trap by pointing out that a PGA player did the same thing.
The Translucent Award - Tight Race, but in the end Hundy might just have the edge on palest.
The Mrs 9I Award (worst sunburn) - No real winners this year as everybody held it in check.

Some memorable lines....
Do they sell the morning after pill at the front desk?
Sweet ole innocent Morgan....Then it comes out....I look like Grimace. She's dead to me.
He's not a machine, he's a man.
Look at those amateurs getting salad when there is an entire table of pork right there.
If you look around the room and wonder who got "ddec'd" and you can't think of who it might be....It was you.
I haven't slept in 2 days, my roommate snores so loud I was using a pillow as ear muffs.

I do agree. And I can't wait til CL comes to Philly to play golf. I can show him how I'm really not that terrible at this stupid sport.

Great read cheffor!

Dude you are a great golfer!

I hit those better than I did my own on Saturday that's for sure....ladies Cleveland HiBore irons....OEM them!

Holla back!
"The I am going to kill JB award - Mrs. Golf4Life for me showing Golf4Life his new favorite driver...Of course it was the Williams and a hefty price tag."

YAY!! I got an award!!! :beauty:

What a great trip!!! My daughter asked me what my favorite part of my trip was, and I had to honestly answer, "Every Part!". Golfing with some amazing ladies....lounging at the spa.....hanging at the iBar......working out my swing....lounging at the spa......meeting new people+catching up with others....BBQ with some fine folk... lounging at the spa... ;) Never a dull moment! And, educational too!!! This is what I learned at the outing:

-I now rotate around my spine for my backswing instead of swaying my hips back
-I make better contact with the hybrids than with regular irons
-I understand how to tee up my ball!
-I understand why my ball goes right (I'll fix it at the next outing)
-I know how GREAT a Williams driver sounds!
-I shouldn't drink more than half a cup of Uncle Daddy's Sweet Tea
-I hit great out of the sand (GolferGal told me so)
-I am a sand magnet!
-I no longer like my clubs at all.....not even to look at!
-Hanks prefers ladies clubs (heeheehee)
-Yoccos really wants Golf4Life to buy that Williams driver and will probably be sending out a petition soon:nono:
-GolferGal, Mrs. Bigsy and Flashy are the greatest golf partners a girl could ask for!

...and oh so much more!!!!

A special shout out to JB and GG! Thanks for all the hard work and heart you guys put into this! Once again, a brilliant weekend! I am in awe of you both!
AND to Hanks, OEM Kevin, and Fildini for being the coolest traveling buddies 2 outings in a row! HOLLA!!!

no way dude.....my health insurance doesn't cover 'stupidity' $3 RX Yellow vs. 3' water moccasin? Advantage snake....

Warning.....VERY LONG!!!

I have undergone a successful liver transplant and I’m as good as new. I did rather well, relatively speaking, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night but something when horribly wrong somewhere along the lines on Saturday. But you know, in the end I wouldn’t change anything because it was so much fun.

It all started with getting to reunite with my good friends JB and GolferGal on Wednesday night, I was so excited to get to their place that I didn’t even try to scale the walls of Isleworth to get to Tiger’s house on the way over. Staying with JB and GG were of course were 3 cartoon characters from a fictional place in the mountains where they spend their days dancing some funky kind of jig, drinking Sweet Tea and scaring children. These people of course are the Calloway boys. The entire flight and ride to THP HQ I tried to prepare my dad and my buddy Jeff (DakotaGolfer) for what they were about to witness. We walked in the house and it was like a scene from Talladega Nights with these guys, I was waiting for Ricky Bobby played by TC to SHAKE and BAKE Cal Naughton Jr played by One-T . Lucky for me Mary was also there and anytime I can see her I’m happy, she is so nice it is crazy. I also was happy to meet Ahh2Fly who was there for a while Wed night as well. The party didn’t last long (well because the Calloway Clan shot gunned all 18 of our beers in about 15 minutes) because we had an early morning ahead of us.

Thursday morning arrives; time to do a 3 minivan gangbuster to PGA National! We arrived with tons of time to spare so we were able to get checked in and have lunch after getting all the equipment loaded. Speaking of lunch, this is as good a time as any to give out my first award. The award for the most overhyped food item since Goober which is a pre-mix of PB and J goes to the supposedly world famous grilled cheese sandwich from the iBar. Good….yeah it was alright. THAT freakin good? Not a chance. I gave ½ my sandwich to TC, and you should all know that fat guys from South Dakota don’t share food. As we were sitting there though we had a steady stream of THP’ers walking up and man it was great to see all you guys. After hammering down the rest of the fries we gotta roll to our arrival round tee time on the Squire. I played with DeGoins and we were joined by Dr. Teeth and DakotaGolfer. We had a lot of fun and hit a lot of bad shots, but it was definitely a good time on a really fun course. Dr. Teeth has a video of me trying my best to imitate Thainer with a bunker shot, it was not pretty but no one was hurt so I’ll take my triple bogey and move on.

Thursdays meet and greet was a blast and catching up with all of the people I spend so much time chatting with on THP was great. A lot of familiar faces but with some new friends to meet as well made it a lot of fun. The award for best disappearing act goes to Chunky Lover and yorkem. At one point I was having people check under their shoes because I thought someone stepped on Chunky. We had really big day ahead of us so by 11:30 or so it was time to slip out the back door.

Demo Day this year was actually held on the surface of the sun. Are you kidding me?! How in the world do people live there? It was 135 degrees by 9 am with no signs of cooling off. People really enjoyed a big white sweaty goofball like me coming up to them asking if they needed help. Most of the time the reply was, “get away from me now or I’ll call the cops”. The dress like a pro contest was great and there were some of you that really brought their “A” game with your outfits, congrats to RBelbin on winning it! Speaking of RBelbin, the awesome golfer ever goes to RBelbin. He hits BOMBS and I’m sure the people on the opposite end of the range were not feeling real safe when he was sending moon shots to them. The reason he wins my award though is because he simply walks off the range where everyone else was afraid to hit drivers next to him and steps up and WINS the wedge contest. He’s money!

Dinner was so good it is hard to even describe. Nothing like a bunch of pulled pork for this big boy to dig into, I am happy to report that I didn’t wear any sauce on my person when I left the dinner. Apparently there were some that thought I might. The raffle was a lot of fun, seeing people go up there and spin the wheel of destiny and leave either dejected or in complete jubilation was really fun. Biggsy did a great job of presenting the gifts to JB and GG and it was fun watching GG take so long to open her gift and her reaction each time she saw something else included was priceless. Also to JB and GG, thank you so much for the generous gift of the amazing T.P. Mills putters, none of us ever expect anything and we help out around here because we like it and we like you guys but this was so thoughtful and very appreciated!

Saturday was one LONG day, it started out with the Equipment Testers challenge and I gotta tell you, I didn’t realize that Ivan Drago played golf. Only this time he didn’t let the chump come back although it looked like it COULD happen for a second there. JB started out the first 6 holes like he was ready to run away with the match and our drivers. But then something happened. This video best describes what we saw there on the 7th hole, it was amazing. Special thanks goes to Hanks for playing the part of The Duke:

I'm not even sure if I got that many good blows in and as I said, the champ would rebound and sure enough the chump was sent packing. The results of the match weren’t what I was hoping for, but the entertainment of the round was worth every bit of it all. The round was fun and the company was even better.

Saturday afternoon I played with my boys One T, Yoccos and Spank and if my round 1 was a no holds barred knock down drag out then the afternoon round was more like a scene from Old School. The beverages were flowing and we were having some fun out there. Spank takes home the award for coolest cat on the golf course with his shot on the par 5 6th hole. We had 225 or so to the hole for our 2nd shot and after a couple of 3 stooges like shots from us Spank nails a 3 wood, immediately after making contact he says “we’re home boys” and walks to his cart. We all watch as the ball soars onto the green leaving us with a 12 footer for eagle that we EASILY 2-putted. Hehe. Great shot Spank! That round was a lot of laughs and even despite winning the drinking trophy handily we only finished 2 natural and 2 pink ball bonus strokes shy of the lead so we didn’t completely stink up the joint.

Saturday after golf has been well documented, we had so much fun at the Sports Bar watching the Bacos challenge and seeing who’s order would get messed up the most. The award for most inspirational cheerleader goes to Erica, Hawk I don’t know how you couldn’t complete that with those lovely words of support coming your way. Your girl is awesome and I’m glad I got to meet her!

Sunday morning we were up and at em early again, this time it was on the Champion where me and Thainer took on TC and OEM Kevin in match play. TC came out a lot like JB did the previous day, what is the deal with you guys, can you let a guy get the sleep out of his eye before putting the hammer down? Good stuff boys, that’s how you get it done and I learned a lot from it. I played like well…..a hungover fat kid with a sunburn for the first 8 holes then shot -2 on holes 9 thru 12 to at least save a little face but as the round wore on the exhaustion of the weekend took its toll. I limped home with a double on 15, par on 16, bogey on 17 and par on 18 to turn in a back nine 40 to go with the front nine’s 45. Someone slap me next time I decide to try to drink the resort out of any and all alcohol like that again ok? Sunday was a lot of fun and I was happy to play with such great guys. TC wins the award for my best buddy because he is such a great dude and someone that I’m just glad I know.

I’ve rambled on a long time but there were a lot of things to say. Thank you so much to all of you for helping make the 2011 THP Outing so amazing. I know I’m missing about 300 more awards that I could give out and funny stories but in the end one giant award for Best Forum Ever goes to THP. We didn’t have any weirdos that I could tell, so I know that means that I was the weirdo, but you guys still all talked to me anyway. It was a lot of hard work on the part of JB and GG and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do. My dad and my buddy Jeff had so much fun too, we spent the entire way home just laughing.

A couple more awards before I close:

The Ole Gray Nicest Guy at the outing award goes to Dr. Teeth. I am really glad I know you, you’re a great guy!

The award for being awesome goes to Coolbreeze. You’re such a positive person to be around and I thank you for all your help and I really look forward to hanging with you again in August.

The Captain Lou Albano Managerial award goes to White Rhino for his efforts in managing his Bushwood team to the win Saturday evening!

The I can’t hang out with you ever again award goes to One-T. You’re going to get me killed, but man we’ll have fun doing it won’t we pal?!

The coolest cat in the zip code again goes to Uncle Daddy. No explanation necessary, that’s one cool dude right there.

The biggest scaredy cat award goes to Hanks. So what if that water snake is poisonous, you could have played that shot out of the water dude. C’mon man! (I totally kid, but I had your back if he decided to come after you.)

Finally the award for don’t freaking ever bet against that guy award goes to JB. -1 and a comfortable 8 shot ahead after 6 holes is no joke. You can play golf when the pressure is on, good stuff buddy!

Great read cheffor!

Thainer everyone who has played with you knows you have serious game! I laughed when you called the bunker shot for our scramble team. We were counting on you big time and you stuck it right near the pin. You hit so many beautiful shots that day. It's early in the season so don't be so hard on yourself. Your scores will tell the truth soon enough.

no way dude.....my health insurance doesn't cover 'stupidity' $3 RX Yellow vs. 3' water moccasin? Advantage snake....

yeah if I had saw that I would have :poop: myself

For anyone reading this thinking, "man, that sounded pretty fun...I should've gone"...GO NEXT TIME.

I was the "alternate" (sorry you couldn't make it Pirate)...and I'm so thankful I had the chance to come.

As a new guy, I got nothing but warm welcomes; people were so nice to both me and my gf and we really appreciated it (although I was afraid I wouldn't make it out of the raffle alive after winning a driver and my gf won a putter).

Biggest Heart Award ----- Rhino. You're a good dude Rhino, sending us those see-through Bushwood shirts...and a great captain. I'll be your wingman anyday.
Best Storyteller Award ----- Uncle Daddy. Anyone that can start a story about meeting a hot chick...and finishing with the sentence, "she tells me she's 80"...I mean, amazing
Best Clutch Player ----- TC. Dude, you hit so many clutch shots besides that final putt. You can flat out play (just work on those bunker shots ;))
Worst GF Sitter ----- P4B. Man, after spending 5 minutes talking to you I think she had second thoughts about me. Jake, you have a new fan.
Best Clubfitter ----- JB. Dude was like a surgeon, calling out stuff. "Get me the silver Miyazaki, in stiff!". Very cool to watch, and I can't believe you dedicated your entire day to fitting people...I thought that was pretty damn cool of you.
Best Letter Writer ----- SWFla. He helped me craft my "Dear Bridgestone" letter after each "surprising" shot....sorry I lost so many balls Bridgestone, thanks for giving them to me
Uncomfortable Conversation Award ----- One-T. I turn around for two minutes and all of a sudden he's telling my gf that he can't believe we're not engaged, and asks me what the holdup is...I was like, "uhhhh.....what?"

All in all I just wanted to say thanks again. You're some good people, and I cannot wait to play some more golf with some THP'ers.

If any of you are in Seattle and want to tee it up, please let me know.

For anyone reading this thinking, "man, that sounded pretty fun...I should've gone"...GO NEXT TIME.

I was the "alternate" (sorry you couldn't make it Pirate)...and I'm so thankful I had the chance to come.

As a new guy, I got nothing but warm welcomes; people were so nice to both me and my gf and we really appreciated it (although I was afraid I wouldn't make it out of the raffle alive after winning a driver and my gf won a putter).

Biggest Heart Award ----- Rhino. You're a good dude Rhino, sending us those see-through Bushwood shirts...and a great captain. I'll be your wingman anyday.
Best Storyteller Award ----- Uncle Daddy. Anyone that can start a story about meeting a hot chick...and finishing with the sentence, "she tells me she's 80"...I mean, amazing
Best Clutch Player ----- TC. Dude, you hit so many clutch shots besides that final putt. You can flat out play (just work on those bunker shots ;))
Worst GF Sitter ----- P4B. Man, after spending 5 minutes talking to you I think she had second thoughts about me. Jake, you have a new fan.
Best Clubfitter ----- JB. Dude was like a surgeon, calling out stuff. "Get me the silver Miyazaki, in stiff!". Very cool to watch, and I can't believe you dedicated your entire day to fitting people...I thought that was pretty damn cool of you.
Best Letter Writer ----- SWFla. He helped me craft my "Dear Bridgestone" letter after each "surprising" shot....sorry I lost so many balls Bridgestone, thanks for giving them to me
Uncomfortable Conversation Award ----- One-T. I turn around for two minutes and all of a sudden he's telling my gf that he can't believe we're not engaged, and asks me what the holdup is...I was like, "uhhhh.....what?"

All in all I just wanted to say thanks again. You're some good people, and I cannot wait to play some more golf with some THP'ers.

hahahaha, funny post bro!

And don't let this guy fool you, I think I made one putt, it just happened to be the one with the gallery, we rode his hot putter all the way home. Corey was a guy that just fit right in. I was glad he was a member of Team Bushwood for sure, we had a great time. I learned real quick that all I needed to do was to put a ball on the green, he'd take care of the rest. It was a pleasure meeting you brother! I'd play a round with you again any time.

That is so One-T. Could totally see him doing that to you. It was a pleasure metting you. I enjoyed our conversations on the range at Demo Day, and look forward to seeing you again.

That is too funny! I can't wait to have another NW get together so I can get the chance to tee it up with you! You are an awesome dude!

The real question is... What is the hold up? :D

Cmoors I didn't get to play with you but man we were the group in front of you and you are a heck of a player. Everytime we turned around to watch you hit you stuck it within 10 feet. We knew we were not winning after watching you hit about 6 shots.

WOW! That is funny, dude you were such a great fit for the outing. We can hang out anytime, you're alright in my book. I love that you won some stuff and I am glad you had so much fun. I should have had those with female companions sign a waiver that after hanging out with me they're going to really demand a lot more from their significant others, I mean did you see me dancing? Duh! UGH.....I'm just a big dumb circus freak really!

Hahahahaha, I hope she doesn't join THP today and read this thread.

Yorkem, great to meet you man. I'll have you know my best shot on Monday was in fact...left handed (which isn't saying much). Props to the lefties.

Teeth, you let me know man...I am IN.

Yorkem's friend, you have a great swing man...I had fun watching you get fit. Nice meeting you as well.

TC, we're winning that scramble again next year...so get ready.

Speaking of, I'm ready to sign up NOW for 2012.

It was a pleasure to meet you, cmoors. You're a very a nice guy and hit a hell of a golf ball. Really glad you were able to make it down :)

Hahahahaha, I hope she doesn't join THP today and read this thread.

Yorkem, great to meet you man. I'll have you know my best shot on Monday was in fact...left handed (which isn't saying much). Props to the lefties.

Teeth, you let me know man...I am IN.

Yorkem's friend, you have a great swing man...I had fun watching you get fit. Nice meeting you as well.

TC, we're winning that scramble again next year...so get ready.

Speaking of, I'm ready to sign up NOW for 2012.

Cmoors, dont let them get to you. Hawk and I are both on your side about the marriage thing. Why ruin a good thing, right? Awesome recap and I enjoyed meeting you and your gf.

Agreed with OEM. Would you agree to play the same clubs for the rest of your life? Of course not.

Agreed with OEM. Would you agree to play the same clubs for the rest of your life? Of course not.

haha I loved it at the outing when someone asked Hawk if he got engaged and his response was "What am I an idiot?"

Thanks OEM. And hey, part of the "evaluation" process is seeing if she can make it through an entire weekend of me golfing.

She passed that with flying colors ;)

I am trying to get her to play btw. She actually has a great swing but she just won't get the bug. I keep threatening to buy her a set for Christmas and her response is a dark glare.

haha I loved it at the outing when someone asked Hawk if he got engaged and his response was "What am I an idiot?"

I love hearing about things I don't remember saying hahaha

Back