Lyle and Scott Apparel Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If there is one thing we know for certain, golf apparel is fun.

I say that not simply because of how it looks, or can look, but rather about the fact that there are seemingly limitless options at our fingertips. While some might be fly by night, there are those brands out there still standing the test of time, they adapt, they evolve, they press on.

One such brand is Lyle and Scott.

Who is Lyle and Scott?

Continue reading...

Great read!

Solid review. Really like that Windshield 1/2 zip but would be even better in a 1/4 I think

• Admin
I need to see if they have a cyber Monday sale. I like this stuff

Really nice stuff. Thanks for the review.

Glad you all are enjoying the article! (y)

Good article. Honestly, I had never heard of this brand prior to this article, but I would take that with a grain of salt, lol. That being said, the stuff looks ok, but not great. That doesn't mean the quality isn't there, just my personal opinion. I think the price is a little high. No way would I pay $126 for a pullover/wind breaker. Also, the logo reminds me of the American Eagle clothing brand logo. Again, this is just my opinion. Might be different if I actually was able to feel and see this in person.

Good article. Honestly, I had never heard of this brand prior to this article, but I would take that with a grain of salt, lol. That being said, the stuff looks ok, but not great. That doesn't mean the quality isn't there, just my personal opinion. I think the price is a little high. No way would I pay $126 for a pullover/wind breaker. Also, the logo reminds me of the American Eagle clothing brand logo. Again, this is just my opinion. Might be different if I actually was able to feel and see this in person.
Good news is they were using this logo about 100 years before AE was founded. :LOL:

I’ve never heard of the brand but I’ll check it out. Always up for some fancy type stuff.

Great article @Jman - my favorite part is easily (you know the sound) because we do all know the sound - and I despise that sound, just gives me shutters. I think that eagle shirt looks fantastic - but it's all cotton, unless I read that wrong. There is no way I can wear an all cotton polo on the course, I have retired all of my cotton polo's for one reason or another but mostly due to the lack of moisture wicking that can be found in other fabrics.

Great review @Jman and while I appreciate this company has been around for a long time, all I see is American Eagle.

Definitely a "classier" offering. Thanks for reviewing.

Great article @Jman - my favorite part is easily (you know the sound) because we do all know the sound - and I despise that sound, just gives me shutters. I think that eagle shirt looks fantastic - but it's all cotton, unless I read that wrong. There is no way I can wear an all cotton polo on the course, I have retired all of my cotton polo's for one reason or another but mostly due to the lack of moisture wicking that can be found in other fabrics.
FWIW, thin cotton like this does better than the thicker stuff. But, I’m similar, it’s why I’m a performance material guy first

Great review @Jman and while I appreciate this company has been around for a long time, all I see is American Eagle.

Definitely a "classier" offering. Thanks for reviewing.
I definitely don’t think Nicklaus and Jacklin and think AE ;):LOL:

1638277712606.png1638277734561.png

The closest comparison I could find quickly, but not sure how these two logos don't look virtually identical.

Granted, I know the quality is going to be ENTIRELY different, but man they are eerily similar.

View attachment 9048678View attachment 9048679

The closest comparison I could find quickly, but not sure how these two logos don't look virtually identical.

Granted, I know the quality is going to be ENTIRELY different, but man they are eerily similar.
But, AE isn’t a golf brand that’s been here 100+ Years and was one of the apparel providers for literal royalty :LOL:

I get what you’re saying, but I think that comparison is a stateside only issue. Which, I’m sure they’re willing to take on as they move to establish somewhat here.

I know the fit, fits the modern trends here, which counts me out physically haha

But, AE isn’t a golf brand that’s been here 100+ Years and was one of the apparel providers for literal royalty :LOL:

I get what you’re saying, but I think that comparison is a stateside only issue. Which, I’m sure they’re willing to take on as they move to establish somewhat here.

I know the fit, fits the modern trends here, which counts me out physically haha

You are totally right in all of this, it is just something that would be hard for ME to get over. Again, I am sure the quality is incredible.

Good article!

Why are the good looking polos ALWAYS $85 or more? And $129 for a half zip? Come on man!:ROFLMAO::(

Good article!

Why are the good looking polos ALWAYS $85 or more? And $129 for a half zip? Come on man!:ROFLMAO::(
I mean, most quality outerwear isn’t cheap, no?

(I get what you’re saying though!)

Good news is they were using this logo about 100 years before AE was founded. :LOL:
no doubt. I was just saying, that's what it reminds me of lol.

Eagle gives me AE vibes as well. This is actually the second time seeing Lyle and Scott featured this week, the other being a video on their joggers lmao

That outerwear piece has some serious warmth vibes to it.. I could use it today.

I mean, most quality outerwear isn’t cheap, no?

(I get what you’re saying though!)

As I have gotten older, I have prioritized quality > price.

I would rather buy something that will last me YEARS than save some money only to ultimately replace it down the line.

People will be saying they’ve never heard of Pringle next LOL.

Good article, @Jman. I'd never heard of Lyle and Scott before, interesting history. I love the look of that blue and black microstripe polo, but $85 for a polo is too rich for my blood.

Back