Does Color Influence You?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Club heads come in all shapes and sizes, but one of the things people talk most about are the aesthetics of each club. How much of a role does the color choice(s) influence your thoughts on a club?

Massively. It’s the first thing most people notice.

As far as irons and wedges, I will always look at a dark head before chrome.

Woods- not so much color, but I like matte over gloss.

I will say I never thought I'd own a blue putter, but here we are.

I would say it is important to me but if the club performs I can get over it. I played a TM Burner 3w for a long time and those things were ugly. All things considered I would prefer it not be crazy loud but if it works I will play it.

I think it's a big factor for me. If the club is just ugly, I can't use it, no matter how good it performs because I just can't get confident with something that I don't like aesthetically.

Definitely yes as far as a driver and fairway woods. It's psychological for me.

I would say it is important to me but if the club performs I can get over it. I played a TM Burner 3w for a long time and those things were ugly. All things considered I would prefer it not be crazy loud but if it works I will play it.

This is interesting because this is one of the clubs I thought about when I read the op. I couldn't play the TM Burner because of the color.

Can’t say it does in clubs.

It's a huge impact for me on the crown of a wood. Colors on the sole matter but are less impactful for me. I will say I don' like to see color on irons and there are some off-putting colors for woods and hybrids as well, but most arent the gaming factor if the club flat out performs for me.

Immensely. I am not a fan of bright colors, especially on driver, fw, or hybrids.

Yes. I am not super picky, but there are some colors I just will not buy. I am looking at you, orange

Does it influence me? Yes I would say that I would look into clubs because of their visual color. It gets me interested in something first, and I might test out the club I like based on color, before another that is plain or a color I don't like. Mizuno blue for one, is fantastic and I would love to try Mizuno purely for the Blue!

I try to avoid clubs with big plastic logo inserts, so I suppose I am turned away by something like that with bright colors. As far as the club head itself goes, silver or black, or (real) copper I do not care. Not a fan of chrome.

I always look at darker irons as framing the ball better. Something i first noticed with putters. Not sure why, but i never looked at drivers this way, perhaps because they are all almost universally dark.

Usually the crown on woods/hyrbids more than the sole. I will dismiss or overlook something if it's not what I like seeing.

for some reason I am more tolerable with putters.

Absolutely. If I don't like the color enough I won't even consider a club. MAVRK was a prime example. Burnt Orange 🤢🤮

Influences me a lot. If I don’t like the look it probably won’t get enough of a run or get thrown into the testing mix to see if its the absolute best performer.

I may be leaving a little out there, but not enough to fret. I want to enjoy my hobby and looking good trumps my need to shave a couple tenths off of my scoring average. That said, can appreciate how your mileage may vary.

I think it was very smart for cobra to offer the driver head choices they did last couple years.

The callaway customs stuff is nice but too much for me pricewise.

If the color is visible to me at address, it plays a big role. If it is just paint fill, sole or cavity coloring that is not visible at address, not near as much.

Yes. Even if it is on the bottom..

I am not big on bright colors on clubs, Clothes, different story.....really like the darker Irons these days

Yes, if at address it’s visible. The Nike drivers that were red or blue I thought were hideous.

Yes. Even if it is on the bottom..
Why do you think that is?
I relate it a lot to sound, yet people say they will overcome or not care, but color is completely different.

I definitely think so. I know there have been a few clubs where on my first viewing immediately thought I wouldn't play it due to how it looked with the color combo. There's some colors that just look "cheap" to me for some reason.

I'm color blind, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Sometimes different cookies could be fun maybe?

Back