EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

For past Grandaddy participants, do you think having your clubs there at the fitting would have helped at all and how so?

1 week out from fitting day!

Past GD guys, what was Tuesday like for you?

It all happened pretty fast.

I saved driver/woods for last because I did not want to have swing fatigue into the irons fitting since I would be swinging pretty hard with the driver. Driver is the strongest part of my game, so I didn't need to spend too much time on that - just nailed down the shafts. We only had an hour for this portion, so come prepared with some options you want to try, but trust your fitter to determine whats working and what is not working.

At the end, I was exhausted and ready for a beer on the bus to hideaway!

This is how I'm most likely going to approach it. I have a wedge setup I'm already very comfortable with. I need to focus on other areas
Same. I don't plan on spending a ton of time here. The only question I have is set matching vs specialty gap wedge. Sand and lob wedge are basically set

For past Grandaddy participants, do you think having your clubs there at the fitting would have helped at all and how so?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm wondering if you'll get more time during that fitting? if so, then maybe. If not, then I don't think it is necessary. Unless you absolutely love your set up of say - driver and you want to achieve the same baseline results of that driver with the new one, then sure.

I knew beforehand, what spin numbers/launch angle/etc I wanted to be in and once I achieved those numbers, I moved on.

Same. I don't plan on spending a ton of time here. The only question I have is set matching vs specialty gap wedge. Sand and lob wedge are basically set
I've always gone specialty for that spot. Then again I just love MD wedges so the more in my bag, the happier I am :ROFLMAO:

I don't see any benefit to having your current clubs with you. The fitter asked what my setup was...I told him, and that was that. With the limited time, you wouldn't be hitting anything with your old clubs, just trying the new stuff. For every minute you'd be swinging your old stuff, that's one less minute the fitter could be working on what he thinks you should be in.

For example, with irons, I hit Mav standard, Mav Max, Epic Forged, Big Bertha, and some of those with multiple shafts. That was almost 30 minutes. If I had also thrown in hitting my old clubs, that reduces that more.

Current Grandaddy guys - not sure if this has been asked, but what is the strongest part of your game?

Current Grandaddy guys - not sure if this has been asked, but what is the strongest part of your game?
Wedge play/short game for me

Other than my sense of humor and can-do attitude, it’s probably my putting (sometimes).

I don’t think an hour is enough time 😂 get the irons and wedges out of the way first and then bombs away?

If not enough time we can just skip yours and give the time to someone else if you would like

Short irons, wedges/short game for me. Similar to some others. Driver and long irons are weakest part right now, but I make a lot of saves based on my short game.

Strength: Long irons
Weakness: Putting/ reading putts. However, forecaddie for the win.

If not enough time we can just skip yours and give the time to someone else if you would like
I'm sure your professional fitters would be able to make it work with time to spare. I'm more concerned that I will want to try EVERYTHING

Back