EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Can't reveal everything! Patience young grasshopper!

I will tell you what is not....Snickerdoodle cookies
The mexican food the year my team came was off the charts. So fricking good!

Past participants. What's one thing you wish you had gotten from the pro shop, but either didn't' pull the trigger or didn't have time?
1/4 zips

Current Grandaddy guys - not sure if this has been asked, but what is the strongest part of your game?
The driver. I am in play most of the time with some decent power.

I'm sure your professional fitters would be able to make it work with time to spare. I'm more concerned that I will want to try EVERYTHING

On this point, I would recommend thinking a little bit differently about it. The fitter's goal is to get you into what will work best for you and they are all really good at doing it efficiently. My experience was that it only took about 10 swings (and pretty mediocre ones at that) before my fitter had a very accurate idea of my game and what might work. From there, we were able to dial in specifics on pretty much every club in the bag without wasting time on clubs that I was never going to game. I suppose they'd probably let you just bang a few balls with every club in the line up if you want to. Just know that if you go that route, you're going to be sacrificing the unique chance to benefit from the fitter's expertise for the sake of just trying all the new clubs, which you can do at home anyway once they are all released.

Last edited:
Hey @JDax !

I know you have a lot on your plate, but if you do an odds show for us I’d be happy to return the favor for your event coming up in January if that already hasn’t been figured out :). Maybe I can convince @chefkritter and one of my teammates or @Canadan to join in also.

Hey @JDax !

I know you have a lot on your plate, but if you do an odds show for us I’d be happy to return the favor for your event coming up in January if that already hasn’t been figured out :). Maybe I can convince @chefkritter and one of my teammates or @Canadan to join in also.
I’m working on nailing the Preview show down…
But absolutely there will be one & be on the look out for an announcement of the time…

But absolutely there will be one & be on the look out for an announcement of the time…

Current Grandaddy guys - not sure if this has been asked, but what is the strongest part of your game?

Good question. It's really hard for me to self assess. I am usually overly self-crutucal Maybe my driver? But my fairways are pretty good. Irons too. Wedges ok but not great. Same with the putter.

I'll go with driver, final answer.

Curious if my GDaddy brothers that played with me at Cog hill think different. 😁

@MattyD-MPLS @xThor @Muchmore18 @93civiccpe @RealPretendPsychic

Last edited:
Good question. It's really hard for me to self assess. I am usually overly self-crutucal Maybe my driver? But my fairways are pretty good. Irons too. Wedges ok but not great. Same with the putter.

I'll go with driver, final answer.

Curious if my GDaddy brothers that played with me at Cog hill think different. 😁

@MattyD-MPLS @xThor @Muchmore18 @93civiccpe @RealPretendPsychic

I concur; tevenor's DRIVER game is long and strong.

On this point, I would recommend thinking a little bit differently about it. The fitter's goal is to get you into what will work best for you and they are all really good at doing it efficiently. My experience was that it only took about 10 swings (and pretty mediocre ones at that) before my fitter had a very accurate idea of my game and what might work. From there, we were able to dial in specifics on pretty much every club in the bag without wasting time on clubs that I was never going to game. I suppose they'd probably let you just bang a few balls with every club in the line up if you want to. Just know that if you go that route, you're going to be sacrificing the unique chance to benefit from the fitter's expertise for the sake of just trying all the new clubs, which you can do at home anyway once they are all released.

I think if I were there, I would be less focused on a fitter and more focused on anyone who was really good with wedges and grinds and just picking their brain about this and that. It’s not like there aren’t some really smart people there who aren’t neck deep in fittings there!

I think if I were there, I would be less focused on a fitter and more focused on anyone who was really good with wedges and grinds and just picking their brain about this and that. It’s not like there aren’t some really smart people there who aren’t neck deep in fittings there!

Maybe initials RC ;)

Oh trust me, I'll be spend lots of time picking brains on wedge grinds, muddy conditions, tight lies, etc. That's one area of my game I need to improve upon.

Oh trust me, I'll be spend lots of time picking brains on wedge grinds, muddy conditions, tight lies, etc. That's one area of my game I need to improve upon.
Make sure you share what you learn, because I need some insider knowledge in the same areas ;)

Definitely ball striking and irons. Most potential for improvement is the driver

For past Grandaddy participants, do you think having your clubs there at the fitting would have helped at all and how so?

I don't think it would have, for me at least. Maybe to get a baseline on yardages. But, really, the fitters are so good, I don't think it would matter much. Them just asking you what your current setup is, and then getting into a fitting, they have you dialed in very quickly. Pretty amazing at how much can be done in an hour, or less.

5 days, 9 hours, 55 minutes and a few seconds till I walk through the airport doors.

Past participants. What's one thing you wish you had gotten from the pro shop, but either didn't' pull the trigger or didn't have time?

Hideaway logo mallet putter cover. They were out while we were there.
They have nice challenge coins with the info for each course on them. I picked up the Dye, but should have grabbed the Clive while I was at it.
I got a nice FJ lightweight 1/4 zip, but should have picked up one more that was heavier.

In reality I got a really nice haul.

Back