Brand Story: The History of CaddyDaddy

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
CaddyDaddy Golf, the company behind the innovative and popular gloves have been around quite a bit longer than you might have imagined. In fact, we are approaching their 20 year anniversary and gloves were not even on their radar when this project began back in 2002.

1-2-1024x692.jpg

Rod Dunlap was working for a software company selling their goods back in 2002 and showed up to work one day with a crude drawing of a golf bag with a cooler built into it. It was “their million dollar idea”, because back then it wasn’t the norm like it is today in nearly every bag that is on the shelf at your local golf store.

“Lukewarm beer led to our entry into the golf business”, says Dunlap, one of the owners of CaddyDaddy Golf.

“I still laugh about how I thought a single $20 cooler would make us...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I love reading articles about these smaller consumer goods companies in the golf space. They always have a great history of an idea, a lot of work, and ultimately a good business they are proud of.

My CaddyDaddy travel bag The Hackers got me this year is incredible and kept my Morgan Cup sticks safe and sound. I have a friend who is a prolific user of their cooler as well. He loves sneaking IPA's in wherever he can 😜

I this is a great article. Highlights another one of the small companies that bring innovation to golf. Hats off and bravo to them for filling holes in the space when they saw them and for moving towards the glove and giving it a second go.

Very happy with their products that I have used (travel bag and claw gloves). I enjoyed reading the story behind Caddy Daddy.

Its great when a product lives up to its billing! I am so happy with my Claw Daddy. It is even better when their owner is on this forum constantly providing great customer service! It's easy to support companies like this!

Great article. It's fascinating to see the trials and errors that lead to a company launching a new product, innovating an existing line, or just growing their business. I have really really liked the Claw glove that I play. But what's impressed me even more is Rod's customer service. If a someone ordered one size, and needed a different one, he's there helping out. He asked THP about changes they would like to see, and I saw those incorporated into the new gloves CaddyDaddy has rolled out. A great story about a small company that understands their audience and can pivot when needed to remain successful.

Great article @JB !

Outstanding read! Love learning more about the history, development and current state of these companies. Haven't tried their products other than the Claw gloves, but do know that one is amazing.

Great article and have been a huge fan of their products. Would definitely recommend the heir constrictor 2 travel bag to anyone. Gloves are good as well and can't wait for the max to come out.

The back stories behind the companies are slowly becoming my favorite articles.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Very cool article @JB it is alway fun learning about a company like Caddydaddy! Do they have any plans for new product in the future?

Nice read! I need to give the Claw glove a try.

Very cool article @JB it is alway fun learning about a company like Caddydaddy! Do they have any plans for new product in the future?
Next on the horizon is mentioned there with the Max glove coming early in the new year.

Nice write up. Would have never imagined the 9 can cooler was the start. Of all of their golf stuff it would be the only one I would never consider for purchase. Ha.

Great stuff, @JB !
I'm really enjoying this series.
CaddyDaddy is one of those brands that I've read about on the forum, and looked into a couple of products, but never pulled the trigger.
These Brand Stories help. It is also cool to see @Rod Dunlap on the forum from te to time.

Great article!

Fun article and glad that we have these articles that tell us a bit more about the brands we know and interact with.

Also, glad he didn’t stop with just the cooler. The gloves are pretty legit 😂

Great read, always love to read how a business was born out of a need for something else.

Always like hearing how company’s started. Thanks for the article!

Great stuff, @JB !
CaddyDaddy is one of those brands that I've read about on the forum, and looked into a couple of products, but never pulled the trigger.
These Brand Stories help. It is also cool to see @Rod Dunlap on the forum from te to time.

Great article!
I agree with all that you wrote above.
@JB I really enjoy these brand stories and you've done a great job with them.
Is there a place on the site where these are located like a "Library" ?

I agree with all that you wrote above.
@JB I really enjoy these brand stories and you've done a great job with them.
Is there a place on the site where these are located like a "Library" ?

Tour Edge

Callaway Golf Balls

Online Golf Sales with Budget Golf

Bridgestone Golf

Evolving with Evolve

CaddyDaddy is this one.

Great stuff, @JB !

Great article!
If you're even thinking of considering their Claw glove and wondering about its durability, look towards @Jman ... a lot of THPers know he plays a lot. Something like 250+ rounds this year (251 when he was last on Off Course with @Canadan ) and he has one. The first Claw glove lasted him a lot of rounds.

I know I love mine and will be getting another one if my first one ever wears out (250 rounds is like 10 years of golf for me):ROFLMAO:

If you're even thinking of considering their Claw glove and wondering about its durability, look towards @Jman ... a lot of THPers know he plays a lot. Something like 250+ rounds this year (251 when he was last on Off Course with @Canadan ) and he has one. The first Claw glove lasted him a lot of rounds.

I know I love mine and will be getting another one if my first one ever wears out (250 rounds is like 10 years of golf for me):ROFLMAO:
Yeah, the claw is VERY appealing to me. I've looked at then several times and for whatever reason, I still don't own one🤷‍♂️
I mean, it's freaking washable if I remember...
Perfect for me and how much I like to use the same glove.

Great article @JB, enjoyed reading the backstory behind Caddy Daddy. Great company, and @Rod Dunlap offers customer service that is second to none.

If anybody is on the ledge about a Claw glove, don't hesitate - they're great gloves! Very comfortable, amazing grip, and they last longer than any golf glove I've ever owned. I easily get 60-70 rounds out of their gloves, even in the Arizona summers when they're soaking wet with sweat every round. Rod is constantly testing, refining and improving the design of his gloves, and his passion for his product shows in the end result.

Yeah, the claw is VERY appealing to me. I've looked at then several times and for whatever reason, I still don't own one🤷‍♂️
I mean, it's freaking washable if I remember...
Perfect for me and how much I like to use the same glove.
They are washable, and they hold up well even through multiple washes. For most people, one of their gloves will easily last a full season of golf.

Back