just unboxed this and excited for the trial run! Hope weather warms up and aligns with my schedule!

Mine arrived last night. Sadly it will remain boxed up for another 23 days

Helpful hint for people: maybe don’t tag the club at your bag, then walk to the ball. You get a whole bunch of fun shots you have to go and remove

that’s a good tip and I ran into that early on. I’ve started touching the tag to the watch band as part of my pre-shot routine at the ball, which has eliminated any added shot concerns as you described.

Helpful hint for people: maybe don’t tag the club at your bag, then walk to the ball. You get a whole bunch of fun shots you have to go and remove
Good tip! When I grab a club or more out of the bag, I always make sure to hold them near the hosel until I select the club I am going to use. I think I read somewhere that Arccos recommended holding clubs upside down while carrying them but, never having used Arccos, I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

I’m still not sure how to keep the damn thing from thinking I’m on the green when I’m near it and chipping/pitching. The putter at the moment has no sensor, but the wedge does, and I can’t easily make it back out and go back to yardage mode. :/

I’m still not sure how to keep the damn thing from thinking I’m on the green when I’m near it and chipping/pitching. The putter at the moment has no sensor, but the wedge does, and I can’t easily make it back out and go back to yardage mode. :/
Well, stop missing greens. Problem solved.

It’s easy. When it enters putt mode you move to the next screen (where 4 putts is an option) and hit the x, takes you back out. Easy and fast.

It’s easy. When it enters putt mode you move to the next screen (where 4 putts is an option) and hit the x, takes you back out. Easy and fast.
That’s the problem, I’m not getting the X as an option until I basically walk off the green or dance around for a bit

Yesterday I got the replacement putter sensor ShotScope sent me under warranty (the previous one fell off my putter somewhere). It took a bit longer to arrive than I thought it would because it came from Ireland.:ROFLMAO: The screw portion of the sensor broke off in shipping but that's ok because I was going to take it off anyway.

Great customer service ShotScope!

Yesterday I got the replacement putter sensor ShotScope sent me under warranty (the previous one fell off my putter somewhere). It took a bit longer to arrive than I thought it would because it came from Ireland.:ROFLMAO: The screw portion of the sensor broke off in shipping but that's ok because I was going to take it off anyway.

That explains why I haven’t got mine yet too, I don’t know why I thought they had something stateside!

That explains why I haven’t got mine yet too, I don’t know why I thought they had something stateside!

firmware updating...

Even if the screen is in "putting mode", if you chip with an iron/wedge it will still register as a chip.
No need to worry about it. :)

@MWard, is it the yardage that you want to have or the fear that the chip with a club other than the putter won't be recognized? As @CrasyJoe said, it will still register the non-putter club you use to chip with even when the Pin Collect screen is showing. The Pin Collect screen showing is based on the course mapping of the green and not the tags.

Which course is this on? If you walk off a green the PinCollect will disappear after 45 seconds. You can hit a chip/pitch with PinCollect on and it will register the shot.

@MWard, is it the yardage that you want to have or the fear that the chip with a club other than the putter won't be recognized? As @CrasyJoe said, it will still register the non-putter club you use to chip with even when the Pin Collect screen is showing. The Pin Collect screen showing is based on the course mapping of the green and not the tags.
Which course is this on? If you walk off a green the PinCollect will disappear after 45 seconds. You can hit a chip/pitch with PinCollect on and it will register the shot.

if it will still register the shot as a chip or pitch and not as a putt, no harm no foul. I just didn’t want to be in some thing like five or 6 yards off the green but because I went onto the green to survey it better, it think I’m doing something crazy like putting from the rough!

if it will still register the shot as a chip or pitch and not as a putt, no harm no foul. I just didn’t want to be in some thing like five or 6 yards off the green but because I went onto the green to survey it better, it think I’m doing something crazy like putting from the rough!
It will register the iron you use as a chip. Don't forget, though, if you use a putter to "chip" with, i.e., use it from off the green, in auto mode you indicate the number of times you used the putter including from off the green. The "putt" from off the green will be recorded in the short game stats and only the putts from ON the green will be included in the putting stats. In manual putting mode, you would use the top right button to mark the location of any shot, chip or putt, when the putter is used. Statistically, it works the same way as Auto mode.

We have a fulfillment center outside of Chicago, and one outside Toronto to cover North America. Sometimes though if it is individual tags they come from Scotland.
Mine was an individual putter tag:)

We have a fulfillment center outside of Chicago, and one outside Toronto to cover North America. Sometimes though if it is individual tags they come from Scotland.

i ordered the counterweight tags earlier...will they be fulfilled out of chicago?

Freeman official at ND.

Back