My V3 arrived Thursday. Thanks again budget golf for the 25% discount. Not being a person who wears a watch had me a little worried. No issues whatsoever. Have not installed sensors yet used V3 yesterday for front middle and back only. Worked great. On a couple occasions my V3 gave a different reading from tee box to green than my buddies garmin. Most times they were within a few yards but in the few occasions there was more than a 40 yd difference. Only reason I could come up with is V3 was giving straight line distance on a dogleg and other was giving a distance following contour of fairway. Any thoughts on this

struggled a little with the manual putting mode but fought through it.

struggled a little with the manual putting mode but fought through it.
I haven't found manual mode any more accurate than auto mode and I, too, struggle in manual mode as too many times I forget to mark the location of my first putt. :banghead:

Charged and updated the watch and hoping for a rare heat wave in Ohio, hell I will take 40s to try this thing out.

Watch is lighter than expected. And digital read out is perfect and very clear even in the sun.

Charged and updated the watch and hoping for a rare heat wave in Ohio, hell I will take 40s to try this thing out.

Watch is lighter than expected. And digital read out is perfect and very clear even in the sun.

It's meant to be 40 and warming around 2 this arvo.

agree. Even with polarized sunglasses on I can see the screen easily. And the V3 watch is much lighter than the V2 model. GPS updates MUCH faster too. Great upgrade.

The performance for my clubs switched to meters for some reason. I keep changing it on the dashboard and with it connected to the watch and it keeps reverting to meters. Odd.

The performance for my clubs switched to meters for some reason. I keep changing it on the dashboard and with it connected to the watch and it keeps reverting to meters. Odd.

That's odd indeed. Maybe just try through the watch?

That's odd indeed. Maybe just try through the watch?
The dashboard is showing yards and the watch is measuring in yards. It’s just the performance tab on the app.

The dashboard is showing yards and the watch is measuring in yards. It’s just the performance tab on the app.

The low key version of trying to get us to convert to the metric system. Not today, Shotscope.

welp...today was the first round that it missed some shots...still not even close to the ineptitude of arccos' system, tho.

Last edited:
Manual putting mode seems far superior than auto through two days for me. Definitely going to need to get some ribs in to make the numbers worthwhile. No full PW shots and a pulled and cart path aided 5 iron carry a lot of weight when the sample size is three. So far I'm impressed. It'll take some playing around to understand all the screens with everything. With two birdies and three penalties today, it probably thinks I'm messing with it.

Used mine for a couple rounds. 1st was just gps front middle and back. I’m not a watch wearer so was a little concerned. No issues at all. Then had time to install sensors for the next round. Worked really well. I just need a little time to get accustomed to it. Uploaded round and spent a little time going thru info. I believe gos marked distances are more accurate on the shot scope vs arccos. Not having to deal with phone or link seems easier as well. So far very happy with the V3.

Anyone else have difficulty with the top left button?

I tried to use the V3 last weekend at Bandon. The 1st round was at Old MacDonald in overcast skies. The V3 kept losing the course. I’d pull up the course and get the watch / GPS adjusted to be on my hole. By the time I walked to my ball for my next shot the display was reset to the clock / starting screen. This repeated probably 5 or 6 times before I finally gave up on the device.

I tried to use the V3 last weekend at Bandon. The 1st round was at Old MacDonald in overcast skies. The V3 kept losing the course. I’d pull up the course and get the watch / GPS adjusted to be on my hole. By the time I walked to my ball for my next shot the display was reset to the clock / starting screen. This repeated probably 5 or 6 times before I finally gave up on the device.
reach out to customer support. They are very fast to respond and will get you all taken care of.

Not ideal. I wonder if there was a software issue or something. I will certainly get some overcast weather testing here in Ohio :ROFLMAO:

i need to figure out this/these tags for counterweight grips...the adhesive doesn't stick to my grip...maybe i need to swap in an snsr grip

i need to figure out this/these tags for counterweight grips...the adhesive doesn't stick to my grip...maybe i need to swap in an snsr grip
I had my son use manual putting mode. When I eventually switch to Shot Scope I want to try using the Arccos SuperStroke adapter to see if that works.

I had my son use manual putting mode. When I eventually switch to Shot Scope I want to try using the Arccos SuperStroke adapter to see if that works.

i just broke down and snipped some threading off and voila...seems to be the answer.

i just broke down and snipped some threading off and voila...seems to be the answer.
How much? I’m guessing enough that the post doesn’t hit the bottom of the counter weight so it sits flush on top?

How much? I’m guessing enough that the post doesn’t hit the bottom of the counter weight so it sits flush on top?

i'd say i left a thread and a half maybe? seems to be seated in there well enough but i'm not sold...we'll see how it does after a round or two of being dropped back into the bag.

Hey, I checked the course mapping and that is good. Atmospheric conditions obviously affects GPS but it shouldn't be losing the course continually. Can you try another course? If it drops out again please get in touch with our support team.

That initially worked for a while when I did it. At some point it came off. What I suggest is cut all the threads off, use a little glue then add electrical tape to secure it. That will last for many, many rounds before you have to "renew" the tape as it tends to shred around the edges. Obviously, you can do away with the putter tag altogether and just use the manual putting method.

Last edited:
I'm still liking the manual putting mode way better. I just hit the button when I step over the ball and then hit pin collect as I grab the ball out of the hole. Very rarely do I have to do any editing, unless I'm putting from off the green. Then you just add a shot and drop it where you were.

Back