Chipping on a sim is dreadful. My brain must do so much of the calculations on a chip subconsciously because just giving me a yardage and hitting it into a screen does not work for me.
It was awful! Anything on the fringe needs a chip, so trying to bump and run into a screen was just disasterous, either 10 yards short or 10 yards long. Turns a solid 82 into a 95 without any difficulty :LOL:

Needless to say I'm booked in twice next week!

Little experiment this week, because the weather is shocking over here and there is a new simulator place opened up just a couple of miles away. I've spoken about perhaps thinking the XB had a little too much spin for me, and maybe better suited to the standard Rad in hindsight. Hit some balls to get a baseline, and was carrying about 240 with around 3,500+ spin, getting very little roll out - swing speed circa 100-105mph. Loft was 11 degrees in the draw setting.

Took the loft right down to 9 degrees in the standard setting, teed the ball up and tried hovering the driver rather than grounding it - I know, I know, should just try one thing at a time. Immediately gained 5 - 10 yards carry with extra roll out as well. Taking it out of the draw setting actually seemed to work better with controlling the fade as well for some reason. It would appear that I should just have tinkered much much earlier in the process rather than just plugging away. Swing flaws are usually my issue and not equipment :LOL:

P.S - I have a new pet hate, greenside chips on a simulator!

Sim short game is brutal! Ugg…. I love missing greens from “17 yards, 2 feet down.” Ugg….

It was awful! Anything on the fringe needs a chip, so trying to bump and run into a screen was just disasterous, either 10 yards short or 10 yards long. Turns a solid 82 into a 95 without any difficulty :LOL:

Needless to say I'm booked in twice next week!
You'll be zapping chips with a range finder next year after you get dialed in 😂

Is this 10 yards or 12? I must know.

You'll be zapping chips with a range finder next year after you get dialed in 😂

Is this 10 yards or 12? I must know.
Oh I hope not, but I'll be interested if they turn on Auto Putt - 3 putts from 4 feel and then one putt from 60 feet? Is better than freezing outside though, I'd never used one before so was a real eye opener!

I made some changes to my XB and am absolutely smoking it.
I took the 6g weight out of the back and replaced it with a 2g weight. I then put 9g of lead tape on the sole of the clubhead really close to the face. Goal was to get some of the RadSpeed characteristics.
I’m getting to places I have never seen on my home course!
fun when experimenting works out! Do you feel like you’ve created a unicorn or do you feel like the next step is to try the stand RadSpeed?

fun when experimenting works out! Do you feel like you’ve created a unicorn or do you feel like the next step is to try the stand RadSpeed?
I feel like I have accidentally created something that works better than any other driver I have ever hit.
I will not be changing anything.

I feel like I have accidentally created something that works better than any other driver I have ever hit.
How tempted have you been to play the Team Paradise custom head?

tinkering Nirvana!!! I thought that was a myth 😅

So....just how much tinkering did you do to find the optimum amount. Asking for a friend of course...
I’ve changed the loft settings a few times over the last month, changed shaft length, then changed the weights based on what my goal was. Now I have a weapon. Since you live in Europe you may have to get a license for something like this.
To answer your question, like 6-7 changes over 5 rounds and 1 range session.

I’ve changed the loft settings a few times over the last month, changed shaft length, then changed the weights based on what my goal was. Now I have a weapon. Since you live in Europe you may have to get a license for something like this.
To answer your question, like 6-7 changes over 5 rounds and 1 range session.

once It’s dialed in these drivers are great!

once It’s dialed in these drivers are great!
Never had a driver that I get along with this well.
It makes the game easy when I just aim down the left side of the fairway, swing hard, and the ball just bleeds a little right or stays straight.
I havent had a hook come out in like 2 full rounds.

Never had a driver that I get along with this well.
It makes the game easy when I just aim down the left side of the fairway, swing hard, and the ball just bleeds a little right or stays straight.
I havent had a hook come out in like 2 full rounds.

that would be really nice! They are great clubs for sure!

Driver Battle - Part Deux!!

Following my G425 Max (gamer) vs Radspeed XB battle a few pages back, I was keen to pick up a standard Radspeed for comparison purposes. Well, the standard Radspeed arrived a few days ago.

The G425 Max has been my gamer all season and has performed very well indeed. Long, forgiving, it’s lived up to the hype in my hands. However, sound and feel have never brought me joy… and the tinkerer in me is always trying to find something better.

If you see my witb below, those of you with a little ocd will understand why getting a Radspeed driver into the bag would bring me a little bit of joy. However, it would need to warrant its place which means beating out the Ping.

The testing was performed over a lunch break on a SkyTrak, and the configurations were as follows:

Ping G425 Max (9* head) | Motore X F1 6s | 9* @ 45.25”
Cobra Radspeed (10.5* head) | Ventus Red 6s | 9* @ 45.25”

First off, the feel and the sound of the Radspeed were significantly better. I knew this from when I played a Radspeed driver earlier in the season, and I was pleasantly surprised that everything was as good as I remember.

The more compact profile of the Radspeed head together with the ‘feel’ are also more comfortable to me… which is a little surprising and weird given I’ve been playing the Ping all season.

On to the numbers...

Here is one of my better shots with the G425 Max:

eAXso3U.png

Here is one of my better shots with the Radspeed:

WI6zBEY.png

Here are summaries of a few shots with each club, the first being Ping and the second being the Cobra.

Ces2cGg.jpg

ehI3TVf.jpg

As you can see, I’m getting consistently faster ballspeed with the Radspeed. Given the numbers are better, it sounds better, it feels better, etc… I’m surprised to say that the Radspeed is going in my bag for the near-term future.

This is, of course, sim testing rather than the real world… but here’s hoping what I’m seeing indoors translates to the outdoors!

Following my G425 Max (gamer) vs Radspeed XB battle a few pages back, I was keen to pick up a standard Radspeed for comparison purposes. Well, the standard Radspeed arrived a few days ago.

The G425 Max has been my gamer all season and has performed very well indeed. Long, forgiving, it’s lived up to the hype in my hands. However, sound and feel have never brought me joy… and the tinkerer in me is always trying to find something better.

If you see my witb below, those of you with a little ocd will understand why getting a Radspeed driver into the bag would bring me a little bit of joy. However, it would need to warrant its place which means beating out the Ping.

The testing was performed over a lunch break on a SkyTrak, and the configurations were as follows:

First off, the feel and the sound of the Radspeed were significantly better. I knew this from when I played a Radspeed driver earlier in the season, and I was pleasantly surprised that everything was as good as I remember.

The more compact profile of the Radspeed head together with the ‘feel’ are also more comfortable to me… which is a little surprising and weird given I’ve been playing the Ping all season.

On to the numbers...

eAXso3U.png

WI6zBEY.png

Here are summaries of a few shots with each club, the first being Ping and the second being the Cobra.

Ces2cGg.jpg

ehI3TVf.jpg

As you can see, I’m getting consistently faster ballspeed with the Radspeed. Given the numbers are better, it sounds better, it feels better, etc… I’m surprised to say that the Radspeed is going in my bag for the near-term future.

This is, of course, sim testing rather than the real world… but here’s hoping what I’m seeing indoors translates to the outdoors!

Happy to see it made it into the bag! Appreciate the run down and numbers!

I hit some absolute bombs with this today. Easier to play with shorter approaches.

Snuck out for a quick nine over lunch. This driver continues to impress, especially paired with the LINQ Purple shaft. Want to hit an easy cut as you basically walked from your desk to the first tee? No worries. Want to hit a high nasty bomb on a long par 4 after you loosen up a bit? Go right ahead.

The XB was a weapon today for me.

On to the numbers...

eAXso3U.png

WI6zBEY.png

Ces2cGg.jpg

ehI3TVf.jpg

Awesome stuff!!

Note to self: this is an #ad for the Radspeed that I'm trying to sell in the BST section. :sneaky:

Still hiting the XB really well. I can't find any fault with this driver at all. Good piercing flight that allows for rollout. No bias in either direction. Lot of forgiveness on the toe. If you're looking for deals when the new 2022 product lines come out and 2021 goes on clearance this lineup is going to be one you want to check out.

Still hiting the XB really well. I can't find any fault with this driver at all. Good piercing flight that allows for rollout. No bias in either direction. Lot of forgiveness on the toe. If you're looking for deals when the new 2022 product lines come out and 2021 goes on clearance this lineup is going to be one you want to check out.
I love this. I will be out there waiting for price drops shortly. The XB has been fantastic for me over 2 demo sessions. As someone that requires toe forgiveness I can vouch for this.

Price drops! You know what that means?

Price drops! You know what that means?
These drivers would be a tremendous value for someone looking for a deal.

Back