2022 Srixon Q-STAR Golf Ball

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Since its inception, the Q-STAR golf ball has been a boon for Srixon Golf. A golf ball for the masses, which focuses on the things that most golfers need, and at a price point that makes them as happy as the performance. 

New-Srixon-Q-Star-Golf-Ball-1.jpeg

It is because of that, when new release season rolls around, it is always fun to see what tweaks Srixon decides to make, and this year with the sixth generation of the Q-STAR, I think “tweak” is a great way to describe it. 

The New 2022 Srixon Q-STAR

As mentioned, this marks the sixth Q-STAR design for Srixon and at the $27.99 price point, it is a popular golf ball, which doesn’t look to change anytime soon. The reason for the success? Yes, the aforementioned price is part of it...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Q-Star Tour has been my favorite ball for the last couple of years. Nice write up.

@Jman The Q Stars are a great golf ball for their price point. Great write up!

Thanks, Jman. Nice write up. What's the compression on these? What does the yellow color look like? Taxi cab yellow like the Soft Feel?

• Staff
Thanks, Jman. Nice write up. What's the compression on these? What does the yellow color look like? Taxi cab yellow like the Soft Feel?
They didn’t disclose that rating in the materials I had. But, hitting the last two models side by side, I could tell a difference.

The yellow on the Q’s is the same as that on the Z’s (y)

The Q-Star Tour has been my favorite ball for the last couple of years. Nice write up.
You probably are aware of this, but the Q-Star and Q-Star Tour are completely different animals (different ball design). Just wanted to point that out if it wasn't obvious...
BTW, I also have had a great deal of success gaming the Q-Star Tour (both regular and Divide models) so I can see why it is a favorite for you.

I have used the Q-Star Tour and found it very nice ball at a good price. I use Pro V1s and the Q-Star Tours the most now.

• Staff
I have used the Q-Star Tour and found it very nice ball at a good price. I use Pro V1s and the Q-Star Tours the most now.
QST is a great ball, the QS is as well though. ;)

I've always like the Q-Star, I tend to lean more towards it's Tour brother, but I have happily played it in the past. Definitely one of the better 2 piece balls out there. It's a crowded market, for sure, and the QS has always been a standout (for me, anyways). Interesting (and good) that performance was noticeably different from the older version, I think a lot of times we get the "latest and greatest" but aren't sure if there's truly any real difference.

I enjoyed reading the write up about the 2022 Q Star.

I'm going to have to give these a try.

This is a popular ball for a good reason. As far as two piece plastic covered balls go it performs well at a solid price.

Nice preview @Jman. The Q Star is a solid performer in its price range.

Not sure why but this ball and the Z-Star just look bada__ to me on a peg. It is a great ball.

I might have to give these a try. I've been playing the Q-Star Tour, but course conditions should be a bit softer for awhile and the QS might be a good middle ground between the QST and the Soft Feels. I always like the QS in the past, so I'm sure I could play this one without issue.

I always liked the Q-STAR golf ball. Feels good, offers good performance off the tee and low spin.

I have never tried the regular Q-Star, just always played the QST.

Nice write up James in past QStar balls I have had trouble with chipping around the greens can't seem to get enough spin how is the new ball in this area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price range makes it a great winter time option. I’ll give them a try next time I buy balls.

What differentiates this ball from the Soft Feel? The one thing that jumps out is the Spinskin with SeRM on the Q-Stars. Anything else? Compression?

I always liked the Q-STAR golf ball. Feels good, offers good performance off the tee and low spin.
Agreed. Also, I'll always have a soft spot for the Q-Star. I was chosen to review that ball here on THP not long after joining the forum. It was a solid performer then and has continued to be through it's many iterations.

Nice write up on a really good ball. I could hack them around. Waiting on some divide balls to arrive. Might grab a dozen of the new Q Star just to compare to other options in the bag.

What differentiates this ball from the Soft Feel? The one thing that jumps out is the Spinskin with SeRM on the Q-Stars. Anything else? Compression?
On the course I’m guessing you’d be hard pressed to tell any discernible difference with the Soft Feel.

At $27 for a 2 pc surlyn — hard pass. Just too many 3 pc urethane balls out there in that range with prior Gen deals, sales, DTC bulk, etc.

In my opinion their Soft Feel ball is a good choice if you want a decent 2 pc surlyn on the cheap. Just can’t see the $7 premium there on top of the Soft Feel.

Back