2021 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

Chipping it has plenty of spin and was stopping quickly on winter greens that are a bit shaggy. I could get it to roll out a bit more it needed or send one in low and spinny and it would check up quick.
ProV1X's are so good around the greens. Best ball on the market IMO. They always check.

Picked up a box of the new Pro V1s today.

Have only putted with them so far but they feel a touch firmer and the sound is definitely different.

To be sure I also did a blind test and could pick the new one based on sound every time.

Not sure how I feel about this yet given I loved the old ones.

:unsure:

I played another round with these yesterday. The first few holes, I tried them with just the Enhanced Aiming and didn’t feel comfortable putting. I then played about 8 holes with the ball marked with my simulated Triple Track lines and putted great. The bottom line is that the performance is fantastic with these, but the performance isn’t that much better (if any?) for me than the CSXTT to keep me drawing lines on the ball. I have been all-in on the Triple Track since it came out and have a TT putter. I had similar results as ProV1 as my Bridgestone balls. I loved the BRX until triple track came out.

Last edited:
Throughout most of last year, I played Bridgestone Tour B X and Tour B XS. They were good balls for me, but I wanted a yellow ball. I see them so much better with my aging eyes. I also kept thinking that the perfect ball for me would be a ball right in the middle of the two Bridgestone balls. I think I have found it.

I bought a box of the new Titleist Pro V1X balls before a weekend golf trip last week. I got two rounds in with them. Then, this evening, I used it for a half hour practice session and a one hour lesson, where we mostly worked on wedges.

It really does seem like it is right in the middle of the two Bridgestone balls, in terms of feel and spin. I am getting really low driver spin with it, but yet it spins very well on irons and wedges. It is very durable. And, YES, it comes in yellow. I shot one of my best rounds of my life with it over the weekend.

I am pretty close to committing to this ball for 2021.

Wanted to stop by here as I have been a user of the previous 1vx. I was fit the other week for new irons and they had the new prov1x to hit.

Just off of the short (about an hour haha) time hitting 7 iron after 7 iron, I noticed some good about the new ball compared to what I have been seeing in the wild with the 19 version.

Major thing was distance/ball speed was up. Pretty cool. My launch was also a little higher than the last time I was on a monitor hitting the previous Prov 1x but that could be a difference in the day/swing.

Downside, and again, This could be due to it being gc quad vs trackman, but spin seemed to be a little low (even for me). I typically hit a 7 iron around 5500-5600 and during this session I was low 4s to low 5s on good strikes.

Feel was excellent. I like a firmer ball and this delivered what I was looking for. Wouldn't say it was way better, but it was nice.

Does anyone know the compression of the NEW Pro V1X???

Been playing, and enjoying greatly, the Titleist Practice Pro V1 & V1X boxed dozen balls. Did some research and the performance is supposedly the same as non Practice balls but there's cosmetic issues that make the V1 & V1X balls their Practice balls. $35.00 per dozen. PRACTICE is printed on the ball opposite the Pro V1X logo and I draw a black sharpie line thru the PRACTICE and use it as a alignment. Love the Pro V1X

As a fan of triple track I’m intrigued by the enhanced alignment on these. Anyone have experience with both of them?

Does anyone know the compression of the NEW Pro V1X???
I heard Covey say what they got in their testing but can't remember now. Pretty sure compression was right near last gen, even though the feel is a bit softer.

Got 2 sleeves of 2021 ProV1 Shamrocks and 2021 ProV1x in the bag tomorrow. I’ll split them at the turn and see which one performs the best for me. The ProV1 performed better at Club Champion on 7i testing.

Got 2 sleeves of 2021 ProV1 Shamrocks and 2021 ProV1x in the bag tomorrow. I’ll split them at the turn and see which one performs the best for me. The ProV1 performed better at Club Champion on 7i testing.
Well after first round it’s V1 1 and Vx1 0. As funny as this is going to read, the 2021 V1x just seems harder than the 2019 version. I was just able to turn over the V1 version better off of driver. Was able to get a pitch shot to check up really nice with the V1. More testing to come.

Last edited:
REPOST:

Being stuck at home with rain and waiting for 2nd Vaccine shot symptoms, I did an online Titliest Ball Fitting.
Was able to schedule on in 2 hours.
Had my Club Champion fitting Trackman report and was able to share my screen to review them.
They recommended ProV1X to give me as much spin as I can get into the greens with my irons - Additional Stopping Power.
They are sending me samples in Yellow.

The fitter did tell me that the difference with the 2021 ProV1X was that it was a "Baby" of 2017 ProV1X & 2019 ProV1X
More Short Game spin like 2017 and Less Long Game Spin like 2019.

FYI if someone is looking to picking up 2021 Pro V1's or V1X:

1623331870366.png

Last edited:
If you’re looking for ProV1 or ProV1x:

A3A5DFD0-4FD7-4772-9D46-5940BD2C39BF.jpeg

View attachment 9053716

What is the Japan model??

View attachment 9053716
What does “Japan model” mean? Are they different?

What is the Japan model??
I don’t know the current generation but going off memory, I am not sure they were USGA Conforming. Also not the same ball is North America nor made in the same plant.

I don’t know the current generation but going off memory, I am not sure they were USGA Conforming. Also not the same ball is North America nor made in the same plant.

Yeah. Says made in Tailand.. I dunno. People get crazy over J spec stuff. This ball probably performs worse..

Last edited:
Same ball and performance.

I need to think their statement over of the new design.
They say the PRO V1 is for the majority of the golfers, then also say that the ball flight for the PRO V1 is lower of the two. Wouldn't the majority of the golfers have lower swing speed so they might need higher ball flight ?
Have not played the Titleist for a long long time, remembering the old, old design was the V1 X with larger dimples had a more penetrating ball flight than the V1 ?

With the price point getting close to all the other premium golf ball level, hopefully the V1/V1X will get to be teed up by more golfers.
I will reserve my personal opinion on this going softer trend to see if the new models will measure up to the industry leader's role.
I like a softer fell golf ball, but not to compromise with the performance.
I'd imagine with the changes, the feel and the performance will follow the change, to the better, or to the different. V1/V1X followers may or may not like the change. The changes will give the loyal followers an excuse to try out other brands if they're either indifferent to the changes or simply disappointing.

I'd give the thumb up for the direction the V1/V1X is heading. Can't feel too comfortable sitting on top of the hill with all the others coming up to the level.

Back