@Canadan another great podcast. Definitely need to look into v3 more as I have been sleeping on their offerings.

Enjoyed the listen has me excited to get this out and try it on the course. Love the idea of having information available to dissect and figure out what needs to be focused on in practice.

was a good listen, not many guests can get that close to @Canadan's soul with the detailed review of the round. Current Arccos user but the ability to have yardages on my wrist instead of pulling out my phone and the lack of subscription is very appealing

can any users to this thread speak to how easy it is to swap clubs within the system? For example, I have a few clubs at the top of the bag that I switch and swap based upon my whims that day.

just caught this last night. Great podcast @Canadan ! Very insightful especially since I am a new ShotScope V3 user as well.

was a good listen, not many guests can get that close to @Canadan's soul with the detailed review of the round. Current Arccos user but the ability to have yardages on my wrist instead of pulling out my phone and the lack of subscription is very appealing

can any users to this thread speak to how easy it is to swap clubs within the system? For example, I have a few clubs at the top of the bag that I switch and swap based upon my whims that day.
With the extra couple sensors that come with the device, it's REALLY easy since you can define their club in the app. Depends on how crazy you are. If it's two different drivers or a utility vs a hybrid, not only can you switch it without issue, but you can also maintain all that data with the club by using one tag for each.

just caught this last night. Great podcast @Canadan ! Very insightful especially since I am a new ShotScope V3 user as well.
Thanks for tuning in! I really appreciate it, and glad you found it helpful.

With the extra couple sensors that come with the device, it's REALLY easy since you can define their club in the app. Depends on how crazy you are. If it's two different drivers or a utility vs a hybrid, not only can you switch it without issue, but you can also maintain all that data with the club by using one tag for each.
What if you are crazy and have a backup bag that comes out from time to time?

As much as that sounded like sarcasm, the whole point of the performance tracking is to get numbers on your clubs, right? Swapping them out to a totally different set is just going to muddy the accuracy provided.

I genuinely would make the argument that you'd be better off just leaving them off for the whim rounds with other sets.

What if you are crazy and have a backup bag that comes out from time to time?

I'm not as crazy as you. But I think you can buy an extra set of tags. And set them up for the other set. then before your round change up what's in the bag. then the system will keep track of each tag separately, and you can then compare your individual clubs in each set to see your differences.

@Canadan I didn't read the instructions either. However, I still have a few months until the 2022 season starts back up to still not read them.

@Canadan I didn't read the instructions either. However, I still have a few months until the 2022 season starts back up to still not read them.
I intend to learn more, as I really want to dive in... I just have this weird thing about reading them before using just about anything. I want to fail first, or be surprised by new features that aren't new, just not discovered haha

I intend to learn more, as I really want to dive in... I just have this weird thing about reading them before using just about anything. I want to fail first, or be surprised by new features that aren't new, just not discovered haha
I used the V3 at at the Hideaway in GPS only mode since I didn't want the GD to be the first time using it with sensors. However, next year I will add the sensors to the new clubs to track tracking stats.

While we are on the topic. how does one, while playing a round, show that they hit a ball out of bounds. right now I just mark it on my scorecard and edit it post round. but I know there is a way on the watch itself. and on the watch can I tell it where it landed, or is that only in edit mode?

thanks.

Awesome show… I love how Gavin had viewed Dan’s Tera data before he came on…

While we are on the topic. how does one, while playing a round, show that they hit a ball out of bounds. right now I just mark it on my scorecard and edit it post round. but I know there is a way on the watch itself. and on the watch can I tell it where it landed, or is that only in edit mode?

thanks.

Good question - https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en...aying-#h_3239983a-bfa5-44bb-b265-48eac6c3174e

This should help as it is in the main menu when playing a round. You can't tell the system where it landed on the watch, but you can opt to say you have hit a provisional and then determine whether you actually lost the first ball or not.

Went back and listened to this episode this morning with the build up of the Data Experience coming and my interest growing in these products. Man this was a fun listen. Gavin diving into the types of data and details you get from this and how useful it can be. The little nuggets he dropped on average drive distance for scratch golfers on birdies/pars/bogies (can't remember which two), and then the comparison of putter vs wedge for shots just off the green. Fascinating stuff. I am REALLY excited to see what comes out of the Data Experience with all of this and definitely looking at adding one of these products in the near future.

Back