BatCaddy: Electric Golf Caddy Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The electric caddy is one of the fastest growing segments in North America with brands such as MotoCaddy and MGI featuring tremendous features and innovation that can make walking the course much less labor intensive. Less talked about here, but much storied is the BatCaddy and what they are bringing and have brought since nearly 20 years ago.

The company was established in the early 2000s in Long Island, NY and is the leader in North America currently in electric motorized golf push carts. Family owned and built on a tradition of excellent customer service, BatCaddy has a large network of service through retailers and courses. Continuing our introduction to the different offerings in this space, we wanted to introduce the BatCaddy X8R, their top of the line cart.

Continue reading...

Great read. I like that the anti tip wheels are more than just for show.

400 bucks for a basic model, adding in 150 for a lithium upgrade that's not even super expensive.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing @JB! Starting to look more closely at push carts. Always looking for more fun ways to get my 10k+ steps in! I plan to walk more courses this year.

Enjoyed the read this segment of the walk vs ride vs push has me really intrigued. Always like options in the area. Definitely a big consideration next season to decide on.

Interesting article @JB

I had never heard of this brand so it's interesting they have been in business so long. I love they are promoting their product a bit more. I like how competitive this space is getting.

That is my bag in the gif in the article… I tested this BatCaddy for 18 holes and walked away throughly impressed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the test review, @JB. It’s great to have multiple options in this category.

Good stuff. Like I said before, I like the minimalist look.
Great price point too.

I was curious about how it would handle on the hills when you first gave us a glimpse. Sounds like it didn't disappoint at all. Thanks for the review! This may be the one for me.

That was a good article. What is the big pro to going with the advanced lithium battery vs other battery offerings?

Nice review. One of these may have a future with me. Love walking and carrying. A simple electric pushcart option most likely will happen with me.

That was a good article. What is the big pro to going with the advanced lithium battery vs other battery offerings?

Based on my experience with golf carts, there are really three areas.

1. Pure reliability. Lithium, will last longer over the years.
2. As lead acid batteries drain, the performance drains.
3. Maintenance. Lead acid batteries must be maintained where as lithium is just plug it in and go.

Based on my experience with golf carts, there are really three areas.

1. Pure reliability. Lithium, will last longer over the years.
2. As lead acid batteries drain, the performance drains.
3. Maintenance. Lead acid batteries must be maintained where as lithium is just plug it in and go.
Maintaining a battery is about the last thing I'd ever want to deal with as it relates to golf carts.

Quite compact looking for the assist it can give. I like the simple look, build quality you mentioned, and price point.

Is there a push button on the "dashboard" for manual operation (on/off/speed control) - like the Motocaddy has - or is this all controlled by remote only?

Thanks for the great review. I am a no frills guy so would definitely have no problem saving the money and opting for one of these over other brands, especially given the features and performance you documented and the quiet operation.

Is there a push button on the "dashboard" for manual operation (on/off/speed control) - like the Motocaddy has - or is this all controlled by remote only?
Primarily controlled by remote, you can do it from the device as well. Not quite as simplistic as some others in that regard, but does work.

You can go to manual operation…

You can go to manual operation…
That, plus you can press a button and it goes, and turn the dial for speed control.

The uh oh wheels are beefy, which to me means they're sturdy. It would take some ninja potholes, sprinkler heads etc at a weird angle for this to go sideways.

How was top speed in comparison to some of the other electronic carts that have been tested in the last year?

How was top speed in comparison to some of the other electronic carts that have been tested in the last year?
About the same speed as the MotoCaddy at the top end. They ran side by side rather well.

About the same speed as the MotoCaddy at the top end. They ran side by side rather well.

That's more than fast enough then, I know max speed really takes off and gets movin away from you in a hurry. Is the steering about the same where it's just light adjustments or is it a little more flowing? Sometimes the Motocaddy feels a little jerky when steering it at anything faster than about a 6

How does this compare to the MotoCaddy in durability and functionality!

That's more than fast enough then, I know max speed really takes off and gets movin away from you in a hurry. Is the steering about the same where it's just light adjustments or is it a little more flowing? Sometimes the Motocaddy feels a little jerky when steering it at anything faster than about a 6
I find the steering on all of them to be about the same. Taps or hold in this instance, pretty wide turn radiance, but all of them are fairly similar in that regard.

Back