Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

I did a little unscientific test today between the Chrome Soft X and the XLS. I played my first 4 holes with the CSX and the next 12 or so holes (donated to the golf gods via a water hazard) with the XLS.
- both fee pretty similar off the tee but the CSX felt les firm to me
- distance off the tee appeared to be the same and I noticed I was getting more rollout with the CSX LS
- off the irons similar to the tee in terms of feel. Didn’t notice any big jumps in distance gains and the main standout was the XLS didn’t have the spin I was used to seeing from the CSX.
- for some reason I felt the XLS was a lot more firmer off the wedges and putter. Again purely subjective, but based on my last year or so with the CSX,I noticed the difference.

I think overall if I had no choice I would put the XLS in play and be ok, but for me the CSX just checks all the boxes and the spin into and around the greens is what separates these two. If there is a golfer that doesn’t need the spin help like I do, then the CSX LS is probably a better fit.
All your points are spot on! Your feeling on points 1 and 4 mayyyyy change for 22 though:unsure:

point 3 may or may not be closer together as well

All your points are spot on! Your feeling on points 1 and 4 mayyyyy change for 22 though:unsure:

Can't wait for the '22 Chrome Soft family!

Definitely going to give these balls a shot this year.

Definitely going to give these balls a shot this year.

Can't speak for the '22, but the '21 family was definitely really good!

Interesting. I can’t wait to hear more. CSX is my ball because our greens our very unreceptive. I get a lot of spin from it. I could get a little more distance off the tee and with the irons with the LS but don’t want to give up stopping power.

Interesting. I can’t wait to hear more. CSX is my ball because our greens our very unreceptive. I get a lot of spin from it. I could get a little more distance off the tee and with the irons with the LS but don’t want to give up stopping power.
I’m not saying the LS and the X are going to be identical. There’s a reason Rahm still plays the X. But it’s going to be a harder choice than it was in 21

I’m not saying the LS and the X are going to be identical. There’s a reason Rahm still plays the X. But it’s going to be a harder choice than it was in 21

I have no doubt I’m going to be trying both next year. Most likely alternate based on course conditions.

All this testing may be obsolete very shortly. 😂🤣

I’m hoping all these maybes make it an easier choice in 22. I like all 3 for different reasons. This year was a tough call.

Can't wait for knowledge bomb drops for this line next month!

This was a fun one today with the OG '21 CSX LS. Pin high left. I had some great results off Driver today with this ball.

IMG_1021 ed.png

Back