BatCaddy: Electric Golf Caddy Review

I find the steering on all of them to be about the same. Taps or hold in this instance, pretty wide turn radiance, but all of them are fairly similar in that regard.

I wondered that about electric ones, wasn't sure if anyone had figured out had to give it a smooth turn but that may just be impossible based on how the steering works to begin with. Gotta say though, that's a really attractive pricepoint for an electric push cart. Like... Wow.

Maintaining a battery is about the last thing I'd ever want to deal with as it relates to golf carts.
I would agree. This would be well worth the upgrade

Now this is a cart caddy I could see myself purchasing!
Thanks for the review.

What is the folded size? Similar to Motocaddy?

Having had firsthand experience with the BatCaddy line, I will say the largest difference that I am aware of relative to other makes is the methodology used for steering. With the BC one of the wheels is braked in order to turn, whereas other models the necessary wheel will speed up to accomplish the task. With the BatCaddy, this tends to cause skidding, and right or wrong I get the impression that it causes more wear & tear on the cart.
I had the opportunity to purchase one of these units second-hand, however since I prefer to carry I passed on the chance, but one of the other guys in my group jumped at the chance. I will say the cart is light to maneuver in and out of the trunk. The downside as noted above is that the rubber tread on the wheels will wear out faster than other brands. For the price point however, vs. the performance it is definitely a solid value in my opinion.

I took the BatCaddy out today, and it preformed great. The steering mechanism is easy once you get acclimated, it’s fast & it handled terrain better in my opinion than the MGI that @Davidhibler was testing.

I have used this cart for a total of 27 holes and have a lot of feedback, vastly positive.

It’s fast and quiet, also very easy to learn how to control. I was able to just let it go and use the remote with ease.

Note: The remote range is about 100 yards, I tested this range and it stopped responding, I had to jog up to get back in range of my bag.

It handled terrain with flying colors, I attempted to run it into all sorts of terrain to see if I could get it in trouble and couldn’t. It even handled going over a large tree root with ease. I didn’t have to stop it from tipping over at all.

The strap system has really simple design and easy to use. My bag was very secure on this cart while flying down the fairway.

Note: If you use a stand bag on it, lock the legs in place to make it fit better.

The design is simple and the construction is solid. My only complaint is you can only carry either a bottle of sand or a drink, but not both on the cart. That’s a negative.

I took the BatCaddy out today, and it preformed great. The steering mechanism is easy once you get acclimated, it’s fast & it handled terrain better in my opinion than the MGI that @Davidhibler was testing.
I would agree with that. Handled that test coming off #9 like a champ.
The MGI got a little crazy

I would agree with that. Handled that test coming off #9 like a champ.
The MGI got a little crazy
Only one cart went down today which surprised me. I believe it’s weight placement, as the MotoCaddy and BatCaddy handled it with ease and the MGI tipped.

Note: If you use a stand bag on it, lock the legs in place to make it fit better.

i still have some reservation about using my vessel stand bag on it but it's not a showstopper since i have a cart bag already...and since it is white, i probably won't use it much till spring anyway

i still have some reservation about using my vessel stand bag on it but it's not a showstopper since i have a cart bag already...and since it is white, i probably won't use it much till spring anyway
I have a Big Max Hybrid Stand bag and it worked great once I locked the legs…

I have an old X4R that I bought for 20 bucks; guy didn't want to bother buying a replacement battery. I bought a lifepo4 battery for 60 bucks, modded the connectors a little bit, and enjoyed it. The only annoying thing about it is that I kept adjusting left and right as it went on its way. Tried adjusting the tracking, still had same issue.

Upgraded to MGI Quad Navigator. No more fiddling with left/right (it has a built-in gyro that keeps the cart straight).

Mine is still going strong over a year later. Doesn't look fancy but it beats carrying or pushing on a hot day like today.

Last edited:
Back