Cleveland CBX ZipCore Wedges

Was just thinking the same thing. Though if performance was equal, I’d take the ES21 due to looks. I need a new 58*, now I have a couple options to consider.
I’d have to see them in person to judge looks. I do like a black finish.

Well, I didn't start the week planning on spending $450.00 on wedges but, here we are. I've already got them loaded in the cart. Once I finish Christmas shopping, a 50, 54, and 58 are in the bag.

Was just thinking the same thing. Though if performance was equal, I’d take the ES21 due to looks. I need a new 58*, now I have a couple options to consider.
Very different animals.

Well, I didn't start the week planning on spending $450.00 on wedges but, here we are. I've already got them loaded in the cart. Once I finish Christmas shopping, a 50, 54, and 58 are in the bag.
Ooooooooh! Nice!

How so? Going to hit both when I have the chance.
ES21 is about getting the CG as centralized as possible for the most consistent spin as possible, it’s not a perimeter weighted design. The CBX offers legit perimeter weighting, it’s a forgiving wedge design.

Thanks for the write up! I’m excited to check this one out, a new wedge set is top of my list this year and I want to go to the CBX in my gap wedge. It really sounds like Cleveland is going the extra mile to make these look and perform like a traditional wedge. I hope they have a wide range of options for stock shafts.

How would these compare to the Edel SMS wedges in forgiveness? Are the Edels perimeter weighted?

How would these compare to the Edel SMS wedges in forgiveness? Are the Edels perimeter weighted?
The Edel have moveable weights, but are not a perimeter weighted wedge. They’re different beasts, the CBX is a forgiving wedge which at setup looks quite traditional. More golfers should look at these to be honest.

ES21 is not really a perimeter weighted forgiving wedge.
ES21 is about getting the CG as centralized as possible for the most consistent spin as possible, it’s not a perimeter weighted design. The CBX offers legit perimeter weighting, it’s a forgiving wedge design.

Thank you gentlemen. Appreciate the knowledge drop.

This sucks. I looked at Cleveland's website because I'm not liking my RTX4 in 58* and, while they show a 58* CBX Zipcore, it's got a steel shaft. In lefty.

I don't want steel shaft. I want graphite. But it's not shown for the 58. It's there for the 56*.

Would a 56* CBX zipcore be close enough to my 58* RTX4 that I won't notice it too much?

"ultizip" has quickly jumped into top 5 buzz words of all time.

6AC53FBE-D914-48F4-810F-CD08FC4184A8.jpegD9531135-8A94-4702-86CA-3374A22A6FB6.jpeg7E153F97-105E-4586-8DD2-0A739D91BA81.jpegEE7290B2-9EC4-4CA2-AA2D-39234FBA0EEA.jpeg7C44B2EC-1BEB-4C30-AAF1-80D59EB6B2E3.jpeg47788E97-518F-484A-98DD-E07419027DE3.jpeg91EE3FCD-8DA4-4655-8B9D-D8E51AC9D696.jpeg

I've got a few wedges with decent grooves at the moment. Ideally those wear out about the time they hopefully release a black version :love:

I took a long look at them at the PGA Tour SS last night. They are nice, but I actually prefer the look of the CBX2's I already have. Since they are still in great shape, no reason to switch at this time. I did snag the last 60* CBX2 that they had on the clearance rack for $109. That completely converts all my wedges to the CBX2 family....

Got to see a few of these at Dicks today.

I think they look pretty amazing at address. I kinda want a set.

Ugh. I am always very careful about making sure I don't leave a club behind. But today I did it and left my CBX2 56* on the course. Nobody turned it in this afternoon. If it doesn't pop up Sunday, I may be treating myself to a Zipcore to replace it....

I’m with you something. Something about the look just doesn’t pull me in. It almost looks too plain but not classic for everything it’s got going on.
So I might have been wrong about this take. I had one in hand today and the back looked sharp in person.

Also, at address, no way I could tell you the difference between ZipCore and the CBX Zipcore....

Ugh. I am always very careful about making sure I don't leave a club behind. But today I did it and left my CBX2 56* on the course. Nobody turned it in this afternoon. If it doesn't pop up Sunday, I may be treating myself to a Zipcore to replace it....

Sadly my CBX2 56* was never turned in. I replaced it with a CBX Zipcore. I've had a couple of practice sessions and 2 rounds with it. Other than feeling slightly softer than the CBX2, I really don't see a difference.

If someone doesn't have a CBX/CBX2 wedge, I think it's definitely worth looking at. I don't think it's a clear upgrade from the CBX2. If you had some older CBXs and just wanted a refresh, they may be worth considering.

Back