Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
While music on the golf course remains a hot button issue
for many, the options out there continue to be plentiful for those of us who do
like to partake in some tunes on the course. However, companies are getting
smarter and make things as multi-purpose as possible, so marrying a Bluetooth
speaker with a GPS is quickly becoming a trendy thing to do.

Precision Pro is the latest to jump into the fray, but there is no denying they have made the concept their own with the ACE Smart Speaker.

Precision-Pro-ACE-Smart-Speaker-1.jpg

Quick Take

A multi-faceted piece of fun. The ACE Smart Speaker stands
alone as a speaker quite well with a serviceable magnetic fastening option. When
it is combined with Precision Pro’s golf app...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty impressive.
the magnet remote is a neat touch to help with audible stuff. Can volume be altered by remote? That might be wishful thinking.

I am not a music on the course person, but do like a lot of the features that this has.

Nice write up, I have been contemplating between this and the Rockform speakers. I do be like that this will give you the added feature of the gps function. I am curious now about the magnet strength and it staying mounted to the cart.

Great write up @Jman , I read very quickly and had to go back and re-read to get the answer regarding the app having to be on phone to get GPS distances.

Question- I am nearing the end of battery life on my phone and a new one is planned for 2023, did you find the app used a lot of battery life during a complete round?

• Staff
Pretty impressive.
the magnet remote is a neat touch to help with audible stuff. Can volume be altered by remote? That might be wishful thinking.

I am not a music on the course person, but do like a lot of the features that this has.
Sadly no, it’s can’t, but that would be a killer option. It allows you to have the yardages read aloud and the other button does the celebrations/etc.

• Staff
Nice write up, I have been contemplating between this and the Rockform speakers. I do be like that this will give you the added feature of the gps function. I am curious now about the magnet strength and it staying mounted to the cart.
I touched on the magnet strength in the review.

Im a Rokform user, and the magnets are totally different animals. Sound is comparable though, this actually hits the low’s a touch better.

Sadly no, it’s can’t, but that would be a killer option. It allows you to have the yardages read aloud and the other button does the celebrations/etc.
I think I’m going to order one. The Budget coupon appears to work and I like the idea of it

• Staff
I think I’m going to order one. The Budget coupon appears to work and I like the idea of it
That coupon makes it a super solid deal.

Good write up, @Jman. I like the way they're handling the GPS by pairing it through the phone - I hate messing with my phone during a round, but it's not really bothersome to pair it at the beginning of a round (I have to pair with my existing BT speaker and choose my playlist anyway) and then be able to put the phone away.

The added sound effects thing could be a fun addition, as long as that little remote doesn't fall into the hands of a jackwagon who overuses it. I suspect that's a feature which could quickly become "too much of a good thing", haha.

This is a really neat product. I’ve been extremely pleased with my Precision Pro range finder, so I would expect the same quality here. I’m just thinking is the GPS/speaker integration enough to pull the trigger if the course golf carts have yardage displays already?

This is a really neat product. I’ve been extremely pleased with my Precision Pro range finder, so I would expect the same quality here. I’m just thinking is the GPS/speaker integration enough to pull the trigger if the course golf carts have yardage displays already?
Probably not if that’s the only course you play, but not all courses have GPS. Plus, music is a win.

This is a great point. The new carts at our club no longer have the GPS, so it makes pretty good sense for me when riding. When using my MotoCaddy, it has a GPS built in, but often times, but I do love the audible aspects to this.

Great review James. I saw a video review on this device a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed, especially for $150.

Very solid review James. This unit is really something I could see myself using.

This is a great point. The new carts at our club no longer have the GPS, so it makes pretty good sense for me when riding. When using my MotoCaddy, it has a GPS built in, but often times, but I do love the audible aspects to this.

If I didn’t already have a nice waterproof Bluetooth speaker, I would grab one. But, I think for me, it’s a little redundant because I have a speaker, I have a range finder, and most of the courses around here have GPS already. But, I need to look into Precision Pro golf app more.

Looks like a solid product. I’d have to see it in hand but the design doesn’t appeal to me at all. I also think white or off white was a poor choice of color

Nice review @Jman. That is a good looking speaker and offers a lot of function. Seems easier to just have the yardage called out instead of getting the rangefinder out each time.

Good write up.

I like the size and the magnetic hold. Plus, I could see using the remote a nice feature for someone like my dad who is always yelling to me to give him the distance from the cart 😆

I have never been a big music fan on course, but also not against it.

What I wouldn’t mind is a bit bigger screen to use almost like a GPS on the cart feature.

Great review @Jman awesome job on the features and this seems like a powerful punch in a small package.

Being small does this cycle through obstacles, such as bunker or always front middle back? Feels like a powerful product in the growing PP brand.

Also- Thanks for addressing my most important question, about mashed potatoes as a follow up... How many times did you hit the mashed potatoes button 🤣🤣🤣

Solid right up James. Being a wingman owner 2 things immediately jump out to me. #1 the screen with the visual yardages. That’s a huge bonus. #2 the battery meter on the actual display.

Curious how the sound compares to the wingman. This has a lot more bells and whistle‘s. And I could never get that wingman to sync properly. And Garmin CS did a terrible job in assisting.

I may or may have not just ordered one!

This has bee on my radar for a while, no pun intended, I definitely think it's a must try for 2022

I got to the end of the review fully expecting to see $250+ as the price based on the features touched on in the review. I was shocked to see it at $149. That's a heck of a deal.

Good article! Looks like a handy device:D

Wonder if @Canadan got a chance to see this one….

Back