Best Portable Charger? MyCharge Hub Turbo Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
With the different electronic devices used daily, it becomes imperative to have enough juice to get us through the day. When traveling, there is always a tiny pouch packed in my bag that has various accessories to keep my phone, tablet, and watch adequately charged. Even with an external battery, there is still a need to ensure the proper cables are in tow. Enter the MyCharge Hub Turbo, which offers an all-in-one solution and reduces the need to bring along extra power bricks and cables on your next adventure.

Continue reading...

I have also been using this for a few weeks and agree with the review. This is the best portable charger I have used to date and it powers up a ton. I keep it in my golf bag now and will be adding another one for my briefcase.

Oh man that’s a little pricey, but I love the all-in-one features! If it also performed as a handwarmer I’d be all in!

Really great idea! Could have stopped at the flip plug for me and I would have been golden.

It's the short cables that knocks it out for me. I understand the length to keep the footprint small and house the cables though.

Packing cables isn't an issue and if the charge is needed to use, the length is an issue.

Simple charging while not in use or a spot charge to then use..win-win.

Give me the ports and no cables with the flip plug.

This is a great review, and this product is the first I have seen that I could potentially purchase. I have never completely lost power where this would be needed, but I can see that happening as more things for the phone are available (I use the Rapsodo MLM - as one example). Now, my kids - oof, I can see 2 of these already for next Christmas - one kid has multiple power packs - it's not pretty. We all use our phones for both personal and business but the older kid and my wife actually have 2 phones each for work and personal.

Oh my and the classic is on sale right now…

Now that is a valuable device. Thanks for the heads up, @ddec.

Oh my and the classic is on sale right now…
When my USB charger didn't work at the Grandaddy THP Event in the desert, this charged my phone up to full 3 times during the singles day and still had enough juice to charge up my tablet for the ride back to Carlsbad.

When my USB charger didn't work at the Grandaddy THP Event in the desert, this charged my phone up to full 3 times during the singles day and still had enough juice to charge up my tablet for the ride back to Carlsbad.
The big thing for me is this eliminates two cables and an adapter since I carry one to charge the phone and one for the charger. My worries are that I’d leave it plugged into the wall (that’s a me issue) and that you live and die by the cable. Is the quality good? I’d be concerned about wear and tear there since the unit is worthless once the cable goes.

The big thing for me is this eliminates two cables and an adapter since I carry one to charge the phone and one for the charger. My worries are that I’d leave it plugged into the wall (that’s a me issue) and that you live and die by the cable. Is the quality good? I’d be concerned about wear and tear there since the unit is worthless once the cable goes.
I have had two other units that have plugs built in and both of them after a few months had the cables breakdown. I don't see that happening here honestly. I have put this in some pretty awkward angles and twists and haven't had an issue.

That an impressive amount of power.

The short cables are an issue for me. If it had two places to plug a USB cable into I would be all over it. I am still considering one but am afraid I would still be carrying charging blocks and cables. When I travel I use my phone as a white noise machine so I need it on the bed and plugged in for that.

The short cables are an issue for me. If it had two places to plug a USB cable into I would be all over it. I am still considering one but am afraid I would still be carrying charging blocks and cables. When I travel I use my phone as a white noise machine so I need it on the bed and plugged in for that.
I listen to podcasts with it when I travel and its plugged in and it sits right next to it. Does the extra half inch thickness become an issue in bed?

Nice little device. I can see the point about the short cords. If you are a person that needs longer cord on occasion you can use standard port. Best part for me is the fact that it plugs into the wall. Had I not recently purchased a new charging pack I might give one a try.

I listen to podcasts with it when I travel and its plugged in and it sits right next to it. Does the extra half inch thickness become an issue in bed?

I put it on the nightstand not in bed. I would want it and my phone fully charged in the morning. There are still times believe it or not when there isn't an outlet on the nightstand and you need a longer cable.

When I am traveling I frequently need the battery during the course of the day so I want to be able to recharge the phone during the day.

I put it on the nightstand not in bed. I would want it and my phone fully charged in the morning. There are still times believe it or not when there isn't an outlet on the nightstand and you need a longer cable.

When I am traveling I frequently need the battery during the course of the day so I want to be able to recharge the phone during the day.
I guess that was my point about this one. You can use the shorter cords when you need them. Or you can use a standard cord, since it has that too. Plus, if there is no outlet, it holds a ton of power to make sure you can stay charged without one.

Great write up Dean! Price isn’t crazy astronomical. I like how the cords are stored within the device.

I have also been using this for a few weeks and agree with the review. This is the best portable charger I have used to date and it powers up a ton. I keep it in my golf bag now and will be adding another one for my briefcase.

Maybe I'll be getting one of these for work!

I'll be honest, I got over the short cables pretty quickly. I know these devices are used more for travel than anything else, but I actually use this around the house, esp down in my basement office. I plug it in when the battery is low, and other than that it has been sitting on my desk and I charge my phone almost nightly on it(because for some reason my phone battery is down right terrible now). Super impressed with the charging speeds. Last night in a pinch I charged my watch and phone from it while working on a few things.

LOVE the flip-out power prongs. It's so simple and yet pretty awesome.

That's a very cool device, I like both the integrated wall plug and cables. Only shortcoming for me is that I still have more micro-USB than USB-C devices (other than my phone), so I'd still need to carry a cable. No big deal as a cable takes up next to no room, and once USB-C becomes universal it'll be a non-issue.

Great write up Dean! Price isn’t crazy astronomical. I like how the cords are stored within the device.

I feel like the price is pretty good. It's a good size battery, pretty much an all-in-one device(unless you need microUSB), and turbo charging rocks. One of those purchases you don't get real excited for, but then when you use it, esp in a pinch, you are damn glad you have it haha

I feel like the price is pretty good. It's a good size battery, pretty much an all-in-one device(unless you need microUSB), and turbo charging rocks. One of those purchases you don't get real excited for, but then when you use it, esp in a pinch, you are damn glad you have it haha
50% in 30 mins is definitely fast. Also can’t beat the 54 hrs of charge time at your disposal.

A link for those interested. This is not the turbo, but it comes out to $54.39 before taxes :oops:

Pretty cool device. I rarely find the need to have a power bank anymore with usb plugs everywhere but this one has it all. I love the flip down plugs so you can plug it right in the wall.

Back