Honma BERES Aizu and Black Lineup

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Honma’s BERES line has been the epitome of what luxury golf clubs can be. We’ve seen Honma push high-end materials in terms of metals, shafts, and even ferrules in the past. When I say high-end materials, I’m talking about clubs that have used 24 karat gold in those ferrules. As you can imagine, when we start talking about gold in golf clubs, the price will cause most amateur golfers to chuckle. Today, Honma is announcing the BERES Aizu and Black collections, which carries on those traditions.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my. That face with the Mole on it is fantastic.

chuckle? I laughed. I'll admit though, while I will never pay those prices some of those do look pretty fancy - more like put it on the wall as art fancy more so than play with them fancy though.

Do we need luxury golf clubs?

the black drivers/fw are much cleaner looking than i thought they'd be.

• Staff
Do we need luxury golf clubs?

do we, probably not. But, at least the last time I checked, these sell like crazy over in Japan.

do we, probably not. But, at least the last time I checked, these sell like crazy over in Japan.
Its crazy. Guess much like high end fashion...I just don't get it haha.

i guess it's unfair to disparage these when they are clearly designed for a specific demographic, of which i do not identify.

the black actually look pretty cool.

people should play what they want.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think they look good at all. I know from reading about their products over the years that they're a real status symbol in Japan and it's a very different culture over there, but honestly if those clubs were priced at "normal" levels I don't even know if I'd give them a second glance.

the high end ones remind me of gold and diamond plated AK47s

c8600c76e531d826211a7f3f69e9ee27.jpg

This is true.
And I honestly believe the lines with pricing are blurring a bit now as some OEMs are getting a bit higher in cost.

Its crazy. Guess much like high end fashion...I just don't get it haha.

it's nuts. I remember the first time I got handed a Beres driver at one of the PGA shows. I then got told it cost 5k.

This is true.
And I honestly believe the lines with pricing are blurring a bit now as some OEMs are getting a bit higher in cost.

I mean I remember when the other Honma drivers cost around 6-700 and it seemed really outrageous compared to others at the time. Now, not so much.

That pink is absolute 🔥. Catch me with a bag of those on the first tee like
pimp-pimpin.gif

it's nuts. I remember the first time I got handed a Beres driver at one of the PGA shows. I then got told it cost 5k.
Did you give it a swing or immediately and very carefully hand it back?

i would feel like a golf sicario/ninja/assassin with these...

Check out the color options for the Beres Aizu

B_AIZU_1W_top_4S-M.jpg
B_AIZU_1W_top_5S-M.jpg
B_AIZU_1W_top_3S-M.jpg
B_AIZU_1W_top_2S-M.jpg

Oh my. That face with the Mole on it is fantastic.
I like the mole face!

Don’t like the look of the gold crown, but actually like the red. The detail on the irons is fantastic. I’d like to see one of these sets in person some day

these just scream "Yakuza" to me, though

The artwork on the crown looks unreal. It looks great in all four colors. I also remember seeing the Beres gold set behind glass at one of the last shows I was at and I think it was something crazy like a 75k bag? We asked who would buy that and they flat out said some high end resorts in the Bahamas made these their rental sets. RENTAL SETS.

The Beres 3/4/5 star make a statement. It's not about your playing capability...When you have to put down 1/2 million or more for your initiation.....what's 70 grand for a set...Status is very important in some places. They are quite beautiful too.

Back