Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Was able to get on a sim on Friday and get some numbers on the driver. I figured out that I for sure have a mental block going when out on the course because I was dialed in with the Epic Speed paired with the Ventus Blue. Launch was 10-12 and spin was 2100-2300 super consistently. Dispersion was pretty fantastic too.

Being able to let loose, with a good ball and no consequences of loosing anything, I was really able to relax and get my swing back to how I'm used to. I also showed myself why this driver was absolutely on fire up to midway through the season. (when the mental block kicked in)

The mental block is for another thread, but the sim time really got my confidence back up with this club!

I hit two fantastic shots with the Epic Speed 5 wood on Sunday. I've never been very confident with my fairway woods but I'm getting more and more confident with this one!

I have the epic speed 3 wood ordered with an Oban isawa shaft, hit it well at the fitting can't wait to get it out on the course.

Round number 2 is in the books with the Max LS. I do tee it a lot lower than I did my Srixon, but I am flying this thing pretty dang high for me. Still have a few rough drives, but my big miss is a high push on the toe and the Max LS definitely seems to at least keep that mishit in play for me so far though it goes waaaay up in the air. Also, I'm not hating the Riptide CB in the club and I am finding pretty good success when I choke down about a half inch. I have a driver fitting Saturday, so I'm excited to see what kind of shafts they fit me into and can hopefully work with the Max LS already in the bag.

The Epic Speed Fairways are the best Callaway woods I have hit. I own the 4 wd in Riptide 60. Great, responsive feel, easy to launch, forgiving enough, very playable as it is more compact than Max, flight gets up on a nice arc and then semi-flattens out. I am battling this one out with a Mizuno and Honma.

Was able to get on a sim on Friday and get some numbers on the driver. I figured out that I for sure have a mental block going when out on the course because I was dialed in with the Epic Speed paired with the Ventus Blue. Launch was 10-12 and spin was 2100-2300 super consistently. Dispersion was pretty fantastic too.

Being able to let loose, with a good ball and no consequences of loosing anything, I was really able to relax and get my swing back to how I'm used to. I also showed myself why this driver was absolutely on fire up to midway through the season. (when the mental block kicked in)

The mental block is for another thread, but the sim time really got my confidence back up with this club!
Was at the sim again this weekend still grinding for December. In my post that I quoted, I mentioned my dispersion for the Ventus was "pretty fantastic". Well that dispersion was being put up against what I've normally done with my driver.

Had a friend let me try an Aldila Rogue Silver MSI 130 Tour Stiff shaft that the Callaway rep left for them in the pro shop. All I have to say is I didn't know what fantastic dispersion was. I know it's preached. I know people beat a dead horse about it. But man having the properly paired shaft in the club is a freaking game changer. The Speed paired with the right shaft is even better than I thought it was previously.

He also gave me one small tip about my swing sequencing and I immediately got rid of my two way miss. After two times to the sim, I'm finally having fun with my the Speed again after a rough couple months.

CAN NOT WAIT to be fit in a few weeks!

Well it finally happened...... Now have more Callaway clubs in my bag than TaylorMade. Ive owned a TM driver every year the last 15 years but the SIM and SIM2 simply didnt do anything for me. Played the SIM all last year and had SIM2 early on this year.

After the PXG beat out the SIM2 pretty easily I didnt look for a driver all year although I felt lacking in some areas. Finally gave both Epic Speed and Epic Max LS a try and man im pissed I waited so long. Ended up buying the Epic Max LS bc it was the best blend of forgiveness and spin. Consistently kept spin around 2500 which really helped with dispersion and ease of use. The PXG Gen4 would drop below 2000 spin all the time which is partly my fault with a 7.5* driver but led to some very long drives

The plan is to play the Epic Max LS the next 2 months and see how it goes. I bought from PGA store with the 90 day playability so worst comes to worst I can exchange the Epic Max LS for the new Rogue bc who doesnt like new shiny things

Got my first round in this past saturday with the Epic Max LS and loved it. My new swing from weeks of lessons is kind of all over right now as I build more comfort and repetitiveness but the driver flat out performed. The biggest takeaway was how much more the ball stays online compared to the PXG Gen4. I know alot of that problem was from a 7.5* head and much lower spin leading to some wild shots but the Epic Max LS kept everything in play

It was a shorter course so only used it 8 times but I did hit 4 fairways. In 35* Chicago weather I hit some darn good tee shots with it that flew surprisingly far considering the temperature. I think this club for me will be tough to beat next summer

Got the Epic Speed 4w in the bag. Loved it but just upgraded the shaft. Now I really love it. Practiced today with a tee and off the deck. I am going to love this thing. 6074370E-4331-42F3-931E-0DC0AC2141F9.jpeg

Been a minute since I've spoken in this thread......Speed continues to be such a high level of confidence, dispersion, trajectory control and DISTANCE! tried a handful of lefty drivers with no one able to unseat the SPEED.. ....if I wasn't such a club ho, I'd pack my bags and let the Speed just continue to eat.......Tsi1, Tsi2, M5, SIM, M1 2017, M3, just to name a few that have made attempts in vain.....
#SPEEDRULZ

Yesterday I was able to demo an Epic Max 10.5* driver at the range and on the course and it definitely performed well. I was able to GPS my decent shots to track distance and it was right in line with my TM Sim Max. I think the Sim Max may be just a bit more forgiving on heel and toe shots, but not by much. I really like the deeper face on the Epic Max and it just felt really easy to hit. My only real complaint is that it felt a little too easy to turn over and end up going left. Part of that is me, obviously. Or probably all me. lol

Our club pro recommended that I give the Titleist TSi2 a try the next time I'm at the course. He also said Callaway was releasing a new Rogue after the first of the year. Right now I'm just trying to find something that I feel more comfortable and confident with. I could definitely play the Epic Max, but I'm going to give the TSi2 a try and see how I like it. Figured I might as well try everything and see if anything stands out.

Just tried an Epic Max LS 10.5 head with a Ventus 6S Blue. I don't understand. With this club I hit straight shots or baby draws with the weight neutral.

With my current epic speed and the same shaft turned up to 10 degrees, so theoretically a little closed, I'm hitting fades to slices.

Seems counterintuitive but I'm sticking with the Max LS if this continues.

Wish the LS sounded and felt like the speed though.

i spent some time in a fitting yesterday with the epic max fairway wood. i enjoyed the mavrik max until i got a little hooky with it. the epic max fairway performed amazingly in the fitting yesterday. the ball speeds were insane, and the consistency was fantastic. i loved the feel, and the shape of the 5w is still inspiring enough to hit it off the tee and the deck. my dispersion with my gamer was not great side-to-side or front-to-back, but with the epic max 5w it was crazy consistent paired with a mca c6 60S.

Been a minute since I've spoken in this thread......Speed continues to be such a high level of confidence, dispersion, trajectory control and DISTANCE! tried a handful of lefty drivers with no one able to unseat the SPEED.. ....if I wasn't such a club ho, I'd pack my bags and let the Speed just continue to eat.......Tsi1, Tsi2, M5, SIM, M1 2017, M3, just to name a few that have made attempts in vain.....
#SPEEDRULZ

Did I mention the CONSISTENCY I'm having with SPEED? Hehe

The Epic LS continues to surprise me. As my time with this driver grows I keep on reaching better numbers.
It has been solid since day 1 but the near endless improvement I've been seeing is a big surprise. I have such a high confidence level when swinging this club.
All my rounds for the next few months will be in the simulator but it's nice to see the numbers climbing as the rounds tick off.
In league I'm seeing 300 plus drives with 108-109 mph club speed. Spin rates are 1900-2300. These numbers have eluded me the past couple of years. Being able to see steady 285 yard drives puts the rest of my game back to where it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

epic max 5w with kbs td 60S shipped! should have it next week.

epic max 5w is here. club looks great. but the headcover looks like it went through a garbage disposal. and it smells like it’s been in a gym locker room for the last 10 years. wth

A3AB23C0-B282-44FA-B279-88737308F90D.jpeg

A7C8F803-0F58-499E-8CF8-FC7AA7D73F29.jpeg

well, I can't leave well enough alone. I bought another MAX LS to go against my TD LS. This one is 10.5 and I'll play it turned down 1 deg. Definitely like the look of the triple diamond but moving into winter here started showing some additional punishment on mishits. Snow on the ground means it may only be indoor testing for a bit but still staying in the Epic Speed family. At this point, I've owned 3 different versions, and now the MAX LS twice :ROFLMAO:

I have a 9* Max LS driver with MMT 60 stiff and an 18* Max with iM10 70 6.0 enroute from CPO hopefully shortly, based on my fitting in December. I'm looking forward to trying these bad mofos out, the data I was seeing from my fitting was pretty filthy so I'm really excited to see if I can translate that to the course!

Something has made it back in my bag....What could be under that cover? :cool:
BEF496C9-9396-4D7E-8D97-9DCE97B63D43.jpeg

first go with the epic max 5w kbs td was less than ideal. i hit it off the tee 3 times, and into a par 5 once. the contact is pretty square which is encouraging, but the result is a hard, low spin hook. i'll take it to the range and see if i can figure it out, but i might end up moving the heavy weight back and see if that's any better. off the deck was hit ok, launched pretty well for me, and finished pin high from 230. but it was out to the right with some heel contact.

i need more time with it, but unfortunately it was not as good as i hoped it would be.

Back