ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
When talking about lightweight, high-performance golf clubs, it’s hard not to think of XXIO. Even though they first launched in the US with the XXIO 8, they have focused on lightweight performance clubs since 2000, meaning that the intricacies of designing clubs with weight-saving characteristics are not a new venture. Today, they unveil the XXIO 12 lineup, which carries on with their premium, ultralight designs built for the moderate swing speed golfer. 

XXIO-12-Lineup-1.png
XXIO 12 Driver

“Having a 20-year head start in lightweight technology has been a real plus for us. It has allowed our engineers to focus on incremental improvements and on technologies that best accompany that performance,” said Chuck Thiry, Vice President at XXIO. “We are...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually laughed out loud at the blue gem on the bottom, and I have no idea if I hate or love it, but it did make me smile.

Ddec great review! You mentioned the "Rebound Frame" in this article and you even mention it's a Srixon thing. But are these two companies tied together? Or are they just using the same exact name for their tech?

I actually laughed out loud at the blue gem on the bottom, and I have no idea if I hate or love it, but it did make me smile.

Ddec great review! You mentioned the "Rebound Frame" in this article and you even mention it's a Srixon thing. But are these two companies tied together? Or are they just using the same exact name for their tech?
XXIO, Srixon, and Cleveland are all owned by the same parent company.

Nice Review. I still put my XXIO X Driver in play. It is solid gear.

Great write up @ddec

XXIO is an interesting brand. They have kind of been swimming upstream in the past, but a lot of their guiding principle seem to be coming into the mainstream lately as lightweight keeps being more and more important. Point in case it doesn't seem like anyone has 70g driver shafts in their stock offerings anymore.

XXIO, Srixon, and Cleveland are all owned by the same parent company.
I had no idea XXIO was part of that company. Good to know! Thanks DataDude.

I like what I am hearing here with the tech. The crown of the metal woods is certainly unique in appearance, and this line from the review stands out.

"ActivWing helps stabilize the clubhead by altering the aerodynamic forces during the first half of a player’s downswing."

• Staff

Datadude beat me to it. They are all owned by the same parent company. It's cool to see that piece of tech bleed over because it's definitely shown to help.

Great write up! The colour way reminds me of the Callaway Hyper X.

This will be a hard pass for me but they wouldn’t make it if there wasn’t a market. Interesting looks.

Great review @ddec! Don't know much about XXIO, but that is what THP is all about!

Great review @ddec. I have tested out XXIO last year. Specifically hybrids. Have a bud who swings one and smashes it. But my results were lacking. So no go. I am in their primary client group. And will continue to test various club offerings.

Does the gem have a function other than to make one smile?

The ActivWing is intriguing as well as the Rebound face.

XXIO is one of those interesting brands that look like they would be a huge help for a lot of golfers but are still relatively unknown outside of "Internet golfer" circles. I've seen some of their drivers out in the wild, but never an iron set.

Great review @ddec I like the putter face and for some reason I don't dislike the top on the driver with the little nocks on it. I like a clean top, I like some with the < on them and I also like this one.

Great review. I struggle to see the separation between XX1O and Cleveland. I understand the focus on lighter weight but I think the color or styling is too similar. I’m sure the brand is important to their portfolio but hard to embrace it for me.

XXIO continues to impress me! But, Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO/ASICS has been delivering top notch equipment for a while now!

While the tech is there, this is just a brand that doesn't do much for me from year to year. I have trouble figuring out what their target market is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The putter intrigues me quite a bit.

While these aren't a club that is made for me at this point I really like what XXIO is doing. The crown looks really good and that ActivWing tech is interesting. The putter looks good too!

Interesting stuff, @ddec. I’ve never held an XXIO club in my hands. May have to test that putter.

While the tech is there, this is just a brand that doesn't do much for me from year to year. I have trouble figuring out what their target market is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Agreed. Feels like XXIO and Honma are going after the same demographic... I think. Older slower swingers who don't mind paying a premium for gear that's better suited to their swing than a more "mainstream" OEM.

I’m curious about this line for my Dad. He seems to have another metal joint in his body with every year that passes and naturally he’s losing swing speed as a result. Is this a line that would be a fit? What is it about the lightweight clubs that could swing speed? The head doesn’t seem any lighter than other releases and even with the lighter shaft you have the heavier grip.

I feel like I would have trouble with the two-tone putter on this, it also seems very similar to the Tri-Hot 5K without the nice shaft?

Back