Callaway Rogue ST MAX Fairways

100% agree. i have to reserve final judgment until i see them in person, but there's something about the head shape of the drivers that isn't clicking for me. but this rogue max ls fairway looks absolutely perfect.
Out of curiosity, as the person that said low spin is bad for you, why choose the low spin option?

it's getting easier and easier to leave fairway woods out of the bag, :LOL:
Oh I think the scales may tip the other direction when we get them in-hand 😁

for a club I hit maybe once or twice a round, the value just isnt there.

I'd go for one fairway - probably the 5 wd or 3HL/16.5 and then hybrid

Or go to callawaygolfpreowned.com. The shopping place for fairways. Or the used club rack, or the closeouts. Bought my recent fairways on closeout and ... I like them.

But I have trades - so am open to a 3HL

for a club I hit maybe once or twice a round, the value just isnt there.
Well hybo's aren't getting any less expensive either haha. That being said I love fwy's and need at least 1 in the bag. Last year I had 2 🤷‍♂️

Out of curiosity, as the person that said low spin is bad for you, why choose the low spin option?

a couple reasons.

as a second tee option i don't want a super low profile. i like a little deeper look. and i want a lower trajectory runner. i'd never hit this off the deck, though.

in the fitting i did last month the best fairway wood result we got was with epic max heavy weight forward, which i never would have expected. something about mass low and pulled away from the face promoting more face rotation (edit) is why a heavy weight forward was a better fit for me. that may be why i hooked the crap out of the mav max fairways.

so my thought was rogue max ls with a deeper profile and weight more forward might be a good option.

Last edited:
something about mass low and pulled away from the face promoting more face rotation.

Can you explain this part? I understand the low part, away from the face I would assume means back. Low and back, but further you mentioned low and close to the face, which promotes less spin.

Can you explain this part? I understand the low part, away from the face I would assume means back. Low and back, but further you mentioned low and close to the face, which promotes less spin.

can i explain it? no lol. but i've heard it before, and it's what the fitter said. mass located farther away from the face promotes more face closure. i struggle with face control, closing it too early. in the fitting we tried a lot of options with mass low and farther away from the face because launch and spin were consistently too low. but when i would inevitably shut the face, that also dropped launch and spin kind of negating the head design. so the fitter pulled the epic max and moved the heavy weight forward. launch and spin increased because i wasn't closing the face as much.

can i explain it? no lol. but i've heard it before, and it's what the fitter said. mass located farther away from the face promotes more face closure. i struggle with face control, closing it too early. in the fitting we tried a lot of options with mass low and farther away from the face because launch and spin were consistently too low. but when i would inevitably shut the face, that also dropped launch and spin kind of negating the head design. so the fitter pulled the epic max and moved the heavy weight forward. launch and spin increased because i wasn't closing the face as much.
Mass further towards the toe helps reduce face closure, not just away from the face. You can have mass placed heel side and away from the face and it will cause faster face closer. Hence the D configuration with weight in the heel side.

All I’m saying is they better have one of these behind the greens on par 5’s because I’m coming at them in two with the batwings!
1641485780144.jpeg
1641485875372.png

Does the Max look very similar to the Speed at address? Thought the Speed looked just a touch closed.

Does the Max look very similar to the Speed at address? Thought the Speed looked just a touch closed.
In the fairways the Rogue ST Max seems to sit a touch closed to my eye similar to the Epic Max from last year. The Rogue ST LS fairways sit more neutral like the Epic Speed fairways from last year. At least to my aging eyes..lol.

Gotcha, so weight low and closer to the face, rather than away from the face. That makes sense, I was confused by the wording. Thanks.

Screenshot_20220107-020819_Instagram.jpg

Rahmbo with the LS FW in play. Looked like there were a ton of Max LS drivers today for the Callaway guys too.

LS and new Cobra Big Tour are going to go to battle for my bag in that 3+ spot I think.

I wanna try one of these pups. See if the Sim Ti (OG) 5 wood can be beat.

Curious if anyone has hit or seen a Max 7 wood and their thoughts if so? Thinking I need to join #Team7wood this year and exploring all options. TIA.

Do I have this right?
Mavrik Max = Rogue Max ST D?

Chomping at the bit to hit these fairways!! Will be the first time for me and I'm excited as can be!

I really want to get this in my hands. I want to start to get comfortable hitting a draw again off the tee!

The Max D has me so excited to hit it off the tee.

The tech was almost available for this release but they just couldn't quite make it happen. So if it stops you from being able to test this cycle, just know your struggles aren't falling on deaf ears.
What do you mean the tech was almost available?

What do you mean the tech was almost available?
Means that they understand the limiting factor of being able to test different shafts with a bonded hosel. The pandemic has made some things a lot harder in the industry and they are working on something that wasn’t able to be finished in time for this release

Means that they understand the limiting factor of being able to test different shafts with a bonded hosel. The pandemic has made some things a lot harder in the industry and they are working on something that wasn’t able to be finished in time for this release
Oh, so they did plan/want to have them be adjustable?

Oh, so they did plan/want to have them be adjustable?
Not necessarily adjustable but something to be able to change out shafts for fitters and such I believe. It was a question from @cm24 so I'm sure he can make sure I'm on the right path here with the answer.

Not necessarily adjustable but something to be able to change out shafts for fitters and such I believe. It was a question from @cm24 so I'm sure he can make sure I'm on the right path here with the answer.
Kinda simple answer because I don’t know how much of the answer I’m allowed to share. This was the question in the Q&A where I basically threw @DNevsCG under the bus unknowingly in front of the CEO. Essentially, performance is the number one factor in decisions for Callaway. Bonded performs better than adjustable. Also, the majority of golfers (non-Lunatic Fringe) don’t use the adjustability feature. I don’t use the adjustable hosel of my TS3 unless I’m trying different shafts. The benefit of having an adjustable hosel for testing and fitting allows for easy switching out of shafts, which is what I want to see. I don’t need it to adjust loft and lie, but I want to be able to quickly change shafts if I’m going to Golf Galaxy or PGA SS before buying. However, this would require lots of shafts, but also not as many heads and less clubs in general. If the final product is bonded, I’m actually 100% for that because I’ve had issues with breaking adapters (see photo) in the past. Are they testing out prototype adapters? 100%. Did we have a long discussion about this topic where @DNevsCG was likely ready to pack me up and send me back to Ohio? Also yes.

E986CD47-6237-4F08-B81A-61B454E52DD7.jpeg

Back