Off Course: Equipment Release Season

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes Josh Babbitt to the show to kick off 2022 with a bang.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but JB joins the show to talk about the fun of equipment release season, with Callaway, TaylorMade, XXIO and more putting out new clubs. The duo dive into the Tour Player Social Media money as well as the coverage of Tiger and Charlie Woods. This episode has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as JB goes Off Course.

Untitled-9-1024x692.jpg

Episode 88...

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/off-course-equipment-release-season/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saaweeet! Yesterday on the way home, I was wordering if we’d be blessed by @Canadan this week. You truly are a giver! Have a great day all!

This looks like an interesting Off Course. I will be giving this a listen later today.

Looking forward to making my class listen to this one with me today!

Just fired this up.

The "Creep" concept is interesting. IMHO, I think the concept of a driver getting faster with ownership/use.....is likely more a reason to buy than not for most average golfers.

Man....I need Callaway to drop that 150% trade in bonus.

LOL... Rhymes with "Ping"....

I could see Ping's next driver being called "harmony" or something.

Can't wait to listen today!

Just fired this up.

The "Creep" concept is interesting. IMHO, I think the concept of a driver getting faster with ownership/use.....is likely more a reason to buy than not for most average golfers.

The first time I ever heard about this was at the THP experience - I never knew it was a thing but since "understanding" it - I've heard about it so much. It's very interesting.

Just fired this up.

I was thinking that too, however, it also changes the aftermarket experience significantly. Do used drivers start to be valued higher than new ones? Do people go into Golf Galaxy and demand to buy the demo?!

Just fired this up.

Yeah, going to be an annoying issue for high amateurs when their driver is suddenly illegal.

But country club heros are certainly going to find a way to "roll" them like softball bats are.

Saaweeet! Yesterday on the way home, I was wordering if we’d be blessed by @Canadan this week. You truly are a giver! Have a great day all!
Taking two weeks off was a big mental hurdle, but probably the best thing to do while you goofballs enjoyed time with your families.

Makes me want to double down on a couple weeks to make up for it though hahaha

the morning work calendar is conducive to firing up in a minute, love starting Fridays with off course when possible

Rogue ST driver sound is 🔥. I played with a random father and his two sons last weekend. It took me until the 6th hole to find the center of the face, but when I did it got an audible ‘wow’ from the three of them!

Rogue ST driver sound is 🔥. I played with a random father and his two sons last weekend. It took me until the 6th hole to find the center of the face, but when I did it got an audible ‘wow’ from the three of them!
were you wearing a shirt?

Fantastic show as always @Canadan . Always a good listen and I do agree that JDII might be the real deal - he did well in that event.

Fun show. This has been a fun release season and it is not even done.

I think JD jr could be amazin on tour real soon. The fawning over Charlie by these commentators and social media influencers is creepy..

Just wanted to share my drive experience into work this morning. While it was bone-chilling cold outside - it was 🔥🔥🔥 inside the truck with all the info from @Canadan and @JB!

IMG_8250.jpg

Fun show. This has been a fun release season and it is not even done.

I think JD jr could be amazin on tour real soon. The fawning over Charlie by these commentators and social media influencers is creepy..

It very much is. We will be well into March before it ends haha.
And yes...Very creepy.

Just wanted to share my drive experience into work this morning. While it was bone-chilling cold outside - it was 🔥🔥🔥 inside the truck with all the info from @Canadan and @JB!

View attachment 9058019
Thanks for listening. it was a fun show to do.

It very much is. We will be well into March before it ends haha.
And yes...Very creepy.

Thanks for listening. it was a fun show to do.

I just got to the part where you are talking Bryson and contract.. I feel like you are predicting a future of an independent Bryson.... That would be nuts..

The carbon face discussion is interesting. The break in period at least in baseball bats was/is a real thing.

I just got to the part where you are talking Bryson and contract.. I feel like you are predicting a future of an independent Bryson.... That would be nuts..
I can say genuinely I have no knowledge of his deal other than that he is signed through this year.
With his partnership with Club Champion, I could see it making some sense.

With that said, it would be very hard for a company to devote those kinds of resources, but Cobra has some seriously smart people. I could make the case that he stays too.

I can say genuinely I have no knowledge of his deal other than that he is signed through this year.
With his partnership with Club Champion, I could see it making some sense.

With that said, it would be very hard for a company to devote those kinds of resources, but Cobra has some seriously smart people. I could make the case that he stays too.

That was where my brain was going. First off I am a Bryson apologist I like the guy. But, I think he would be a total headache as a staffer.. If I was a company, you have to think really hard about all the baggage he comes with. On the surface it seems like a no brainer. But then there is the "my driver sucks" thing.. And the crazy amount of time and resources you know he is going to demand as a single staffer..

OMG when @JB says the Stealth driver reminds him of an electric stove burner I literally laughed out loud because it does!

Back