2022 Odyssey and Toulon Design Putters

You realize it more once you’re gone
I totally agree. I was watching this with my kids this morning and telling them about when our team was there. A lot of memories came flooding back.

Any pics that can be shared?
I realize now that I avoided taking so many pictures that had gear in them. I don’t know why since I know I could have posted them later. So this isn’t my picture and it doesn’t show the face but this is the color. Don’t mind the red T since it’s a Garage putter

54A55CB1-0D39-43F1-96A5-6A16EAD1988F.jpeg

I realize now that I avoided taking so many pictures that had gear in them. I don’t know why since I know I could have posted them later. So this isn’t my picture and it doesn’t show the face but this is the color. Don’t mind the red T since it’s a Garage putter

View attachment 9058253
You know me well. That red T needs to change in my order.

That color is stunning. And what I think I really like is that it should still look really good with the emerald green stroke lab shaft.

That color is stunning. And what I think I really like is that it should still look really good with the emerald green stroke lab shaft.
The bolded is wrong. Should will be replaced with WILL:D

The emerald black shaft is stunning in person.

1641654442864.png

View attachment 9058253

That is close the same colors my original San Diego is. I’m trying to decide if I want to do this again or go in a direction.

D45E9FA4-E91F-4224-847D-6F69A47759B3.jpeg

I went Triple Wide and love it. Feel is super and misses are barely punished. Below are pics next to my now backup putter.

Only thing I dislike, is the grip. The OS Odyssey grip just doesn't feel right. Need to find a Pistol GT 2.0 to put on, and I image it will just get better!

20220108_112816.jpg
20220108_112738.jpg
20220108_112754.jpg
20220108_112727.jpg

Same colors I custom filled my Las Vegas in.

The red is the same color as my driver and the apex hybrids/UW so it would match well. Still wondering if I should do something different this time. The chocolate finish they have is pretty cool.

I went Triple Wide and love it. Feel is super and misses are barely punished. Below are pics next to my now backup putter.

Only thing I dislike, is the grip. The OS Odyssey grip just doesn't feel right. Need to find a Pistol GT 2.0 to put on, and I image it will just get better!

View attachment 9058276
View attachment 9058277
View attachment 9058278
View attachment 9058279

That Triple Wide looks very nice.

I may end up in a Triple Wide if the Double Wide does not fit me well. I almost ordered both but in a brief moment of clarity, ordered just the DW.

That Triple Wide looks very nice.

I may end up in a Triple Wide if the Double Wide does not fit me well. I almost ordered both but in a brief moment of clarity, ordered just the DW.
FYI... Triple Wide is face balanced (0 toe hang) and the Double Wide has around 40 degrees of toe down. Very different face rotation.

FYI... Triple Wide is face balanced (0 toe hang) and the Double Wide has around 40 degrees of toe down. Very different face rotation.

Yup. Aware of that. I typically play better with FB putters but prefer the Double Wide/1Wide head shape.

The Toulon Chicago head with a White Hot insert and face balanced would be my ideal putter.

Figured I would try the Double Wide and if it does not work then I’ll sell it andget the Triple Wide.

I could never figure out someone who is willing to pay $500+ for a driver but balks at $400 for a putter that accounts for a much more significant amount of strokes per round.

To me it’s worth the investment to try putters to see if you can find magic in a particular putter.

I have tried many putters over the years but keep going back to an old Odyssey V-Line White Hot Pro insert as it just works for my strokes but I have had success with putters like the Double Wide and even the old Black Tour Design 1 Wide.

All that being said, I will try the Triple Wide once they are out but went with the Double Wide as it looked best to me and there is always some amount of arc in everyone’s putting stroke even if it is essentially straight back - straight through.

Pretty underwhelmed with the Odyssey and Toulon lines. But my opinion doesn't matter, they'll sell truck loads.

Back