Srixon Z-STAR DIAMOND Golf Balls

So is this a Faster Z-Star or a Spinner XV version? - or just "Yes"
The #lunticfringe in me is trying to compare this to other line ups and I'm coming up with "None"

Last edited:
Seems like this ball will fit in the Z-star lineup nicely. I'm confused by the use of diamond though and what its significance is, maybe they just needed a symbol and -/+ was taken haha?

Seems like this ball will fit in the Z-star lineup nicely. I'm confused by the use of diamond though and what its significance is, maybe they just needed a symbol and -/+ was taken haha?

Just my opinion here, but Z-Star XV already looks long on the golf ball written out. I assume the Diamond symbol keeps it from being too big and differentiates the ball from Z star and XV models.

Just my opinion here, but Z-Star XV already looks long on the golf ball written out. I assume the Diamond symbol keeps it from being too big and differentiates the ball from Z star and XV models.
You think? Chrome Soft X is longer than that. I agree its a differentiator and its just a symbol that they chose in the end. I guess when I first heard it I was hoping they were getting rid of SeRm haha.

More options for golfers is great, and the golf ball should be no exception. With so many great golf balls out there, everyone should be playing the ball that best fits their game. I really like what I am reading out of the ZStar Diamond and immediately think about doing a comparison with the CSX. Hopefully I can pick up a sleeve and test them out.

You think? Chrome Soft X is longer than that. I agree its a differentiator and its just a symbol that they chose in the end. I guess when I first heard it I was hoping they were getting rid of SeRm haha.
The symbol of Diamond or Plus is often used as a differentiator for the USGA list when it hits tour.

The symbol of Diamond or Plus is often used as a differentiator for the USGA list when it hits tour.
I just found it interesting, the use of diamond on other golf equipment like driver typically means low spin. These are not low spin golf balls in fact the opposite that all. Clearly its not a big deal

I just found it interesting, the use of diamond on other golf equipment like driver typically means low spin. These are not low spin golf balls in fact the opposite that all. Clearly its not a big deal

golf, no industry standard for anything haha

Great write up @ddec. Has the THP staff had the chance to test these protos?

I have some, but have not been able to get them on the course. I do look forward to that day though because the Z-Star has been my ball of choice for a bit now.

Trying to remember all the different golf ball models and their varied naming conventions is getting to be quite a task. Ha.

The diamond seems like a natural progression or fill gap for the z-star line if they can hit it.

I will definitely try these out. I have been playing the XV. This drops right before my birthday, so it will be a nice present to me ha.

Interesting to see exactly where this sits in their lineup. Looking forward to seeing THP comparisons. I'm sure someone will be hitting some shots in the tech studio soon.

Count me as interested. I think I will order a dozen at release. I used to play the ZStar reg and xv. Please come in divide coloring!

only pure white for right now. But their white is the best in business if you ask me.

I’ve played th XV plenty. Performed great. Didn’t love the feel. I will definitely be trying this one out against the Chrome Soft X.

Nice intro @ddec!!

I’ve played th XV plenty. Performed great. Didn’t love the feel. I will definitely be trying this one out against the Chrome Soft X.

Nice intro @ddec!!

that's why I've preferred the Z-star over the XV.

I’d definitely like to give these a try! I played with the Z Star XV last year and it was probably one of the highest spinning balls I have ever played

Interesting ball. On the surface it does not sound like the right fit for me. But, I will for sure be giving it a bit of a try..

These sound like a ball I would really enjoy playing! They certainly mention all the right words and all the right specs - I just wonder if I would really see a tangible enough difference from the other balls I have.

Though, maybe it's through the consistency of play by using this one ball that the benefits would be seen.

So I’m assuming here, but does the compression of this ball lie in between the Z Star and Z Star XV? If so, what is it?
I think I've read somewhere that the compression is 102...not sure if I read it correctly but that's what I thought it said!

Nice intro @ddec!!
Me either. Z-star was my go to for that reason.

Going to roll with these for some short game work tomorrow.

I read somewhere that this ball played a role in Brooks making the switch to Srixon. Reminds me of Rahm making the switch. Seems like this ball should be a bigger story.

Back