Srixon Z-STAR DIAMOND Golf Balls

I read somewhere that this ball played a role in Brooks making the switch to Srixon. Reminds me of Rahm making the switch. Seems like this ball should be a bigger story.
It definitely will once golfers start to try them out.
And it was an influence for Brooks. I remember when Rahm switched, the ball was a huge impact.

Z star is a good ball, I also like they are trying to keep the price down a bit.

It definitely will once golfers start to try them out.
And it was an influence for Brooks. I remember when Rahm switched, the ball was a huge impact.
It was, will be interesting to see if it works out for Brooks

Would love to see a numbers test for this ball vs the new Chrome Soft X LS

I am looking forward to trying a dozen of these. I've spent quite a bit of time with both ZStar and XV the last few seasons. I'm interested to see how the new ball feels and flys.

Sign me up for a try-out! Like some others have said already, I play the regular Z-Star over the XV for the feel, but would love a bit more heat out of it, because it does seem to leave some yards out there. If these slot in between the two existing balls, that would be closer to a perfect fit for me than I've seen yet. XV performance with Z Star feel would be right in my wheel house.

I didn't see it mention but this ball is 102 compression. Thats kinda high!

Thanks for the write up @ddec! I played the XV’s a decent amount last year and liked them. These seem like a nice balance of all benefits that the top tier Srixon balls deliver. And if Brooksy plays them, I’m in!

Just curious... Is this comparable to CS LS and Pro V1 Dot/Dash ?

I didn't see it mention but this ball is 102 compression. Thats kinda high!
I used to love high compression balls back in the day, now they feel like rocks haha

I used to love high compression balls back in the day, now they feel like rocks haha
Till very very recently I was the same. Maybe I still am. But part of me just feels like I don’t want it work that hard. But!! For sure going to buy some of these to try..

Interesting ball. On the surface it does not sound like the right fit for me. But, I will for sure be giving it a bit of a try..
This was my initial reaction and it continues to be.

Screenshot_20220110-233534__01.jpg

I was leaning towards the new Chrome Soft X, but if this ball performs like the XV and has higher greenside spin, then it could be a battle to see which one makes into my bag this year

Curious to how soft it feels with it being 102 compression

Had a similar take...

Softer ball ... Same compression...

They do mention feels softer on website and list soft as feel...

Can someone explain where the third layer is? Cover, blue and then a whitish core?

Srixon-Z-Star-Diamond.jpeg

Had a similar take...

Can someone explain where the third layer is? Cover, blue and then a whitish core?

View attachment 9058823

Maybe I'm blind or it's just the picture, but I see 3 layers. It looks like the cover, a thin layer (white) and then the blue.

Maybe I'm blind or it's just the picture, but I see 3 layers. It looks like the cover, a thin layer (white) and then the blue.
you are right...

looks like there you can see thin cover, white outer and blue core...

1641908959230.png

Had a similar take...

View attachment 9058823

The mantle layer is white. Blue core, mantle white layer and then thin white cover.

The mantle layer is white. Blue core, mantle white layer and then thin white cover.
I don't think most realize how thin the cover actually is.

I don't think most realize how thin the cover actually is.

This ☝ - It really is thin!
1641909090103.png 1641909153862.png 1641909121477.png

Should have just checked out the website.

Curious to how soft it feels with it being 102 compression
Their core they use now has a gradient design where it is soft in the center and firmer on the outside. It allows full swings where compression is made, to feel pretty darn good, while not losing the speed.

Its why compression numbers are not all that meaningful anymore. Especially considering nearly every company measures them differently : )

Their core they use now has a gradient design where it is soft in the center and firmer on the outside. It allows full swings where compression is made, to feel pretty darn good, while not losing the speed.

Its why compression numbers are not all that meaningful anymore. Especially considering nearly every company measures them differently : )
Very cool. Looking forward to trying them out.

Awesome Tech Lesson!

You would think it would just fall off the specs chart.

Back