From private sector to Federal goverment, WWYD?

A a taxpayer myself, I love that this is an actual option to burn my tax dollars as quickly as possible.
Good luck and do what makes you happy!

None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, more so if you're in your 50s. A sizeable portion of my friends from HS and college (or their spouses) will never even see 55 so if you have the means to live the life you truly want today, IMO you need to be doing it.

Went back to this tonight and....

My thoughts would be that with that type of current salary you have plenty in savings and in investments. So, take the easy job and enjoy life.

My thoughts would be that with that type of current salary you have plenty in savings and in investments. So, take the easy job and enjoy life.

I've told them that I will let them know the second week of January '22.

I've told them that I will let them know the second week of January '22.

Just informed my future Federal government employer that I will be joining them in about four weeks from now. It was a difficult decision but in the end, I just can not turn down the opportunity to work in a "stress free" environment with no real deliverable projects, and lot of time for golf.

Just informed my future Federal government employer that I will be joining them in about four weeks from now. It was a difficult decision but in the end, I just can not turn down the opportunity to work in a "stress free" environment with no real deliverable projects, and lot of time for golf.
Good for you! That should give you more time to use the trackman and help your nephew train with Navy Seals and beat those high school golfers. As long as your investments keep generating 50% annual returns you shouldn’t have to worry about spending $200/day on food. Just don’t count on tOSU winning a natty even though their facilities are vastly superior to Cincy’s

Good for you! That should give you more time to use the trackman and help your nephew train with Navy Seals and beat those high school golfers. As long as your investments keep generating 50% annual returns you shouldn’t have to worry about spending $200/day on food. Just don’t count on tOSU winning a natty even though their facilities are vastly superior to Cincy’s
Callback on callbacks :LOL:

Back