XXIO Rebound Drive Golf Balls

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
XXIO has been very busy lately with the release of the XXIO 12 and XXIO X lines. However, there’s just one more thing to add to the list, and that is the new Rebound Drive golf ball

XXIO-Rebound-Drive-Golf-Ball-1.jpeg

Rebound Drive is a new 3-piece golf ball that combines a FastLayer Core (soft), High Resilient RB Mid Layer (firm), and Super Soft RB Cover (soft). This construction is reminiscent of the Rebound Frame we see so heavily featured in the new XXIO club lines and helps produce high ball speeds on drivers and irons while maintaining enhanced spin on...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. It's not quite triple track level, but it might be my 2nd most favorite alignment aid I've seen on a golf ball. I really like the way it looks, don't love the price point though. Just not sure I'd risk buying these over another premium brand at the same price point.

I have a sleeve of these I am going to put in play tomorrow.
Looking forward to it and like the alignment line quite a bit.

I've never come across an XXIO ball before, but I really do like the alignment line here. Be interesting to hear reviews from these in the wild.

The alignment aide is well done I like that it's useful and not just the name of the ball.

Given the corporate tree, I am expecting good things! As with all XXIO price is premium

I was not aware of the XXIO golf balls. Interested in how they hold up over time. I like the alignment as well.

• Staff
The alignment aide is well done I like that it's useful and not just the name of the ball.

Given the corporate tree, I am expecting good things! As with all XXIO price is premium

I'm not a guy who regularly uses a line for putting, but I've dabbled with this one for the last week or so. It's big and easily noticeable.

Love the alignment, hate the price!

Love the alignment, hate the price!
Price is such an interesting dynamic with golf balls.
Price them low and people think they are inferior (see Q-STAR Tour) price them too high and people think "why should I try these"? Its such a tough nut to crack.

If you were setting the price of a premium brand like XXIO, what would you have priced them at?

Nice work on XXIO new releases @ddec !
So, is this a relabled QSTAR/QSTR Tour Ball?
That alignment has a "JDM" feel to it.
A lot of Golf Balls if seen from the Asia market have vertical and horizontal lines on them.

Actually, not as expensive as I was expecting.

WWIO is so singular in their approach. Gotta respect that.

Nice work on XXIO new releases @ddec !
So, is this a relabled QSTAR/QSTR Tour Ball?
That alignment has a "JDM" feel to it.
A lot of Golf Balls if seen from the Asia market have vertical and horizontal lines on them.

no, it's a different ball than the QST.

The writeup makes it look like this would be a ball aimed right in my wheelhouse, with a driver speed between 95-100 depending on the day. However the price and potential availability for me would be barriers to trying it out. I can't say I've ever seen a XXIO ball out in the wild or on the shelf anywhere. Plus, this type of ball is in a VERY crowded marketplace.

I like the alignment tool - it's interesting with the little - - on it.

The alignment aid is interesting. Is the cover similar or in the same vein as the ERC Soft?

This appears to be a ball that would work for me and I do like the alignment aid. I will be interested to hear more from those who have put it in play.

Price is such an interesting dynamic with golf balls.
Price them low and people think they are inferior (see Q-STAR Tour) price them too high and people think "why should I try these"? Its such a tough nut to crack.

If you were setting the price of a premium brand like XXIO, what would you have priced them at?

really surprised more people haven't gone with a vice-style pricing where a single box still has a "premium" price but buying multiple gets a discount.
seems like best of both worlds.

guess doing that through retail would be fairly complicated though.

I like the alignment aid it looks good. I have never seen XXIO balls for sale anywhere here. I would try them and the price is no worse than any other high end ball.

I have a sleeve of these I am going to put in play tomorrow.
Looking forward to it and like the alignment line quite a bit.
I am very interested in your thoughts.

Nice writeup Dean, the alignment aid on this reminds me of an old school propeller plane and it looks pretty sweet.

Did you get a chance to play these?
Sadly no, weather didn’t cooperate and hasn’t, but they are in the bag for next weeks round.

Back