2022 XXIO X Driver, Metal Woods, Irons and More

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
As a brand, XXIO is known for its premium lightweight golf clubs. Found in their lineup are clubs built for the golfer with the more moderate swing speed, who could potentially suffer from playing many of the current off-the-rack options. While that philosophy is not going away, two years ago, they made the step of introducing a line of clubs that still carried on their lightweight properties altered to suit the needs of players with higher swing speeds. Today XXIO is proud to build upon the success of that line with the next generation of the XXIO X

XXIO-X-Driver-1.png
XXIO X Driver

“XXIO X has the DNA of every XXIO product – lightweight and easy to swing. However, it’s tuned to the more accomplished player,” said Brian Schielke, General Manager at...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good write up. I was a huge fan of the last irons after the Range Days video with @Canadan and @Jman and hope I get a chance to spend some time with this new line to compare.

Great write up @ddec!

There's something about the X on the bottom of the driver that made me think of the Exotics line/design. I definitely dig the looks all around, the irons are clean and attractive.

Those irons look SO good. Wow.

The driver is an interesting look as well, I kinda dig it. The look of the fairway and hybrid at address though, wow there is a LOT going on.

Good stuff Deano!

Looks interesting; irons especially. Not sure about the markings on the fairways and hybrids. Almost a little distracting. Pricey. $700 driver.. :(

Looks interesting; irons especially. Not sure about the markings on the fairways and hybrids. Almost a little distracting. Pricey. $700 driver.. :(
Not out of the norm for XXIO really.

At first blush the irons remind me of Callaway X Forged and I would definitely give them a spin. Fairways and hybrids look like a cheap knock off to me.

Nice review @ddec! The active wing is interesting on the driver. I do like how those iron look very clean.

Looks like these could be THP branded clubs! I like the overall look. Price keeps XXIO out of reach for me usually.

The driver is an interesting look as well, I kinda dig it. The look of the fairway and hybrid at address though, wow there is a LOT going on.

Good stuff Deano!

super aggressive on the fairway and hybrid looks. For my tastes, the 12 line looks better in those clubs.

BTW I do like that they pushed an adjustable hosel to the driver. I played the previous X driver for a bit and would have really enjoyed the ability to open the face a touch. That change should make it more appealing to the players they are trying to attract IMO.

Good stuff Deano!
That was my exact thought. I kind of like the driver but I don't know how I feel about the two tone with the marks and the stuff.

I *think* I like the driver look.

Great write up @ddec - thank you!

They look good.

That was my exact thought. I kind of like the driver but I don't know how I feel about the two tone with the marks and the stuff.

I *think* I like the driver look.

Great write up @ddec - thank you!
Hah - I went back and was re-looking:

1642006003101.png

I didn't dislike it a week ago, now I think I'm liking it. Give it a couple more weeks and I'll be in love.

Hah - I went back and was re-looking:

View attachment 9059170

I didn't dislike it a week ago, now I think I'm liking it. Give it a couple more weeks and I'll be in love.

It's kind of how I felt with the 12 driver in hand. The more I look at it, the more I'm good with it.

At a far and quick view the iron logo looked like the x forged from callaway. Maybe it's just me.

I just put my old XXIO X back in place because I am so much more consistent with it and as long as anything. Now I see these and I almost put a preorder in on a driver. Looks Like it will be between this and the Rogue ST for the upcoming year.

I just put my old XXIO X back in place because I am so much more consistent with it and as long as anything. Now I see these and I almost put a preorder in on a driver. Looks Like it will be between this and the Rogue ST for the upcoming year.

that last X driver was a really good head. I'm super curious about this one because, in my own experience, rebo_Ound frame works. So get me rebound frame and XXIO craftsmanship? Yup, I'm in.

that last X driver was a really good head. I'm super curious about this one because, in my own experience, rebo_Ound frame works. So get me rebound frame and XXIO craftsmanship? Yup, I'm in.
The fact that you can adjust it is a huge bonus as well. Great review, not looking at anything other than the driver.

The fact that you can adjust it is a huge bonus as well. Great review, not looking at anything other than the driver.

i think that’s a huge addition.

Really interested in the X irons.
Anyone compare them to the ZX5?

I bought 2 new hybrids and already received them (18* and 23*). They aren’t bad looking in person, reminds me of the older TM hybrids color scheme. I really like the way that they feel and I had great success with the last iteration. I have my Driver on Pre-Order and look for it in a few weeks. Something just clicks for me and this X line.

Back