Srixon Z-Star Fairway Woods

JB:
Did you do any further testing on the Srixon FWs? I love my Z-Star driver and was thinking about a Z-Star 3 or 5 wood. TIA

+1, would like to hear some more results if your still playing it.

had such great success with the Z-Star Driver that I ordered the 3-wood. Can't wait to give it a go!

Ok Guys, I was able to hit the Cleveland 19* with C. Kua 43 stiff along with the Srixon Z Star 18* Dromos stiff today thanks to Golf Town opening up a slew of stores in the Boston area. First off I spoke with Miyazaki and I explained my status with the Cleveland club and they took the time to explain exactly what the differences were in the shafts and how to best utilize the international flex codes in looking from one shaft to another. They also knew all about the Srixon offering and had alot of praise for the club. Based on my stats they suggested to focus on the stiff, the Dromos 61 S.

Both clubs are very nice and the shafts are outstanding. The Srixon just edged out the Cleveland for me. On flushed hits I was getting 230 carry with the Srixon and 225 with the Cleveland. The main tie breaker was the sound, feel and weight of the Srixon. The best way to describe the Dromos was it felt effortless through the ball. Very smooth and perfect for my swing. I was much more accurate with the Srixon and was hitting nice tight draws where with the Cleveland I had a few too many misses right. This might have to do with the 43 inch vs. 42.5 length.

Looks: the srixon is just a beautiful, classic looking club.

It cost me an extra $50 but well worth it from my perspective. I bought it on the spot and would encourage any Miyazaki fanatics to check this club out.

I'm looking at these 2 clubs myself. I would expect the Srixon to go a little further due to loft, but interesting hear what you said about the feel of it. How far do you hit your 3-wood? If's the same as myself I like the distance the Srixon got as it will fit the gap I currently have

that is one sweet looking club as well as the driver

Couldn't stand it any more. Went to two Srixon demo days but they did not have thre Z Star or fairways, so I just decided to take the plunge. Got a smokin' deal ($160ish) on a new 3 wood - can't wait to hit it next week...

Couldn't stand it any more. Went to two Srixon demo days but they did not have thre Z Star or fairways, so I just decided to take the plunge. Got a smokin' deal ($160ish) on a new 3 wood - can't wait to hit it next week...

Nice price keller! Got mine for 209 but 160 is GREAT

Yeah, pretty stoked. Had some skepticism cause ebay can have issues, but seller has 80,000+ comments so should be good. And had Paypal credit - it was either gonna be a new Kindle for my wife's birthday or win this club. Hope she doesn't mind a $25 Kindle gift card instead (honey, just kidding if you are reading this, of course)

Only potential downside now is if I really hit this 3 wood well, I hope my pondering meter doesn't go thru the roof with the recently bought 910 versus the (couldn't hit anywhere) Z Star driver...

Nice price keller! Got mine for 209 but 160 is GREAT

WOW and uh-oh. Finally got to really play with my new 3 wood after getting it a couple weeks ago. Hit 3-4 tee shots with it all VERY solid. I really like the sound and feel of the whole club. The shaft is a much better fit for me than the 39g and 43g shafts I tried on the Cleveland Ultralite series. Doesn't seem to be real long but it ws VERY straight today.

That is the "wow". The "uh-oh" is now I have to try the driver. My new 910 is working really well, but I have to hit it if I can find just to be sure...

I took out this fairway wood today for a little range time. WOW! I thought it would be hard to relpace the Cleveland Ultralites that I have but this wood is an absolute rocket. I was killing this thing long and straight. On the tee, off the tee it did not matter. I played it yesterday on the course but only it hit three or four times and only once off the fairway. I liked it a lot yesterday but loved it after the time I spent with it today. If you are in the market for a new wood this should be one that you consider seriously.

just played a 12 hole par 3 today. But used the 3-W on the 226 yd #5 and hit a nice cut against the wind and on the green. Missed the 12 ft birdie putt but the club felt smooth. Love this club and it's older brother the driver!

Just thought I would bump this thread. Really looking for something at 18* and think this 5 wood may just be the answer. Can any one else chime on the who has hit the 5 wood?

I have hit the 5 wood at a demo day. I love it. If I had the cash there would be one in my bag. Just as sweet looking and feeling as the driver, but no interchangable weights, just the hosel/face adjustments.

I have the 5 wood and LOVE IT. It is deadly accurate and long. I hit both the 3 wood and the 5 wood at a demo day and the 5 wood was way more accurate and nearly as long. Best FW I have hit. I love the shaft, very smooth.

I have the 5 wood and LOVE IT. It is deadly accurate and long. I hit both the 3 wood and the 5 wood at a demo day and the 5 wood was way more accurate and nearly as long. Best FW I have hit. I love the shaft, very smooth.

Just curious on how you use the Z star in your sig w/ the hybrid as both are 18*. I assume you get enough of a gap that the Z star plays like a more forgiving 3W?

uhh guys im about to buy a Zstar 5 wood, but here is the kicker, no dromos in it, it has a UST Pro Force V2 90 gram stiff, here is the other kicker, slightly used and only 85 bucks, should i buy it

I saw that one e-bay too but passed due to the shaft.

I saw that one e-bay too but passed due to the shaft.

ya, its a tough call, under 100 bucks for a slightly used zstar is a steal IMO even with it having the V2 in it, not sure what to do lol

I just bought my 15* for $160 with the Dromos in it. It gets here on Monday and will be my driver until I figure out my driver situation.

I just bought my 15* for $160 with the Dromos in it. It gets here on Monday and will be my driver until I figure out my driver situation.

from where?

same ?, from where F2G?

First time out with Z-star 5 wood. I don't think I hit a good shout out of 20. My M3 seemed to travel as far with a tighter dispersion. It was most likely user error as I never hit it on the screws. I will spend some more time with it but I may just need to ditch fairway woods all together in favor of hybrids.

Z star 3W and 5W?

Z star 3W and 5W?

I'm looking at buying a Z star 3W. I already have the 5W and really like it.

Was just wondering what everybody that has owned both of them thinks.

Thanks.

I'm looking at buying a Z star 3W. I already have the 5W and really like it.

Was just wondering what everybody that has owned both of them thinks.

Thanks.

I'm sure you can find more in this thread, but the 3w looks like the 5w, feels like the 5w, and hits the ball a little farther. :) I love them both.

Back