Irrational dislike of certain brands

I'm pretty open to hitting anything and putting anything that works in the bag but just out of past history I have never been able to hit Pings, Nikes, or Callaway clubs very well. That changes this year. Ping is the only one staying on that list.

For balls, Pinnacles and Wilsons. No rational reason, I just tend to stay away.

And for the folks here that were complaining about the costs on certain clubs being very stickly and high, I tend to think those are the ones that hold the most value for trade in as well (Ping, Fila t***y Joy, Callaways). You're cursing them out at purchase but come trade in time you'll be happy you had them.

As you can see from my signature,I will play almost any brand that works for me -except Titleist balls.I find plenty of these on course and give them away.This comes from years ago when I was young and beginning golf and all the older rich "snobs" wouldn't play anything but titleist .I could only afford Top Flight etc.and I had a couple these guys comment on me hitting these "rocks" that I used and that I should try some real balls.Even after all these years-no TItleist!!

As you can see from my signature,I will play almost any brand that works for me -except Titleist balls.I find plenty of these on course and give them away.This comes from years ago when I was young and beginning golf and all the older rich "snobs" wouldn't play anything but titleist .I could only afford Top Flight etc.and I had a couple these guys comment on me hitting these "rocks" that I used and that I should try some real balls.Even after all these years-no TItleist!!

well sadly the rich snobs are like that with everything, cars, homes, bank account #, clothes, ect...But like i mentioned before and others did Titleist seems to attract more of them than any other company

I really had to think about this one because of the "irrational" qualifier. However I finally did remember that there was a series of Cleveland irons that had really colorful graphics on the club head, much more colorful than any others that I can recall at that time because of their use of pastels. I remember that Corey Pavin played them. There were other club makers using color but I don't remember any others using pastels. Anyway it really turned me off. In retrospect that was pretty irrational.

I really had to think about this one because of the "irrational" qualifier. However I finally did remember that there was a series of Cleveland irons that had really colorful graphics on the club head, much more colorful than any others that I can recall at that time because of their use of pastels. I remember that Corey Pavin played them. There were other club makers using color but I don't remember any others using pastels. Anyway it really turned me off. In retrospect that was pretty irrational.

Uh hem....why you gotta be all in my bag? :D Pavin won a US Open with 'em.

IMG_3032Medium.jpg

^^^^hahahahahaha

Those are the ones LB. Like I said, pretty GD irrational.

Love the VAS!!!

Golfsmith burns my bacon. Every day or two, get an email from them "25% OFF SALE!!!!!". Then, when I try to buy something - "Excluded from sale due to manufacturers restrictions." Check the fine print, nearly everything in the store is excluded. It would be shorter to list what IS on sale.

The other day tried to buy a 4 pack of socks on sale for $5, regularly $15. Checked for instore pickup, since I don't want to pay shipping on a small purchase. Got an error message "Gift cards cannot be used for instore pickup." Well, why in the blue blazes not? Will let the family know that Golfsmith gift cards are not worth the trouble.

Pretty much anything Nike has not worked for me. I'm hoping to have my mind changed - but whether its been drivers, balls, or even gloves I've had bad experiences.

I love playing with my Wilson Staff..i think they are a very underrated brand and they do make some sweet clubs had a Titleist D and thought it was the bees knees until i hit a DXi driver w/s never hit so straight in my life.I love my Vokeys but my choice of ball is still up in the air at the moment.
I have had a few clubs and what i have now really suits my game ...and i will say it again...really love my WILSON STAFF.

Back