Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with 3woods. I've had more of those than any other club. Don't know why either. I've loved the Superfast but our time is almost up. I've heard great things about the VR and I'm desperate to try the Razr Hawk and Octane. Probably one of my biggest equipment regrets was getting rid of my Hyper X 3wood a couple of years ago. That club was nasty.

Yeah, 3 wood HAS to be the go to club off the tee, but frankly for me, my driver has been more accurate lately. Plus, I am REALLY looking forward to not having a Titleist club in my bag.. At least until they start recognizing how awesome THP is.

Who are your front runners for those that you've hit?

I'm in full on pondering for a graphite iron shaft. My wrists are dying. Think I'm going to go and see what my local club guy can get for me.

Yeah, 3 wood HAS to be the go to club off the tee, but frankly for me, my driver has been more accurate lately. Plus, I am REALLY looking forward to not having a Titleist club in my bag.. At least until they start recognizing how awesome THP is.

Who are your front runners for those that you've hit?

I haven't hit any of them yet man. Obviously, the Cally's are high up there, but I also would love to hit Wilson's DXI (I saw ddec hit some beauties with it), the Nike VR, and perhaps the R11.

Clic 3.0 all the way IMO. Could not be happier. Check the Deal of the Day thread; I posted a deal last week from kingdom59.com that I think got extended through the weekend.

Sent from my Tapatalk!

Thanks cook - yeah I clicked on that link and it looks like a members only site? or how do I get on there?
baja

I haven't hit any of them yet man. Obviously, the Cally's are high up there, but I also would love to hit Wilson's DXI (I saw ddec hit some beauties with it), the Nike VR, and perhaps the R11.

I tried a couple of the Callaway's on Friday.. I wish I loved that company as much as you do man.. I just can't get into them.

Fully interested in the VRs... I hit the new driver on Saturday and it sounded ridiculous.. I had a couple people come down the range (my home course range) and joke about quieting down because the sound it made was so substantial haha!

I tried a couple of the Callaway's on Friday.. I wish I loved that company as much as you do man.. I just can't get into them.

Fully interested in the VRs... I hit the new driver on Saturday and it sounded ridiculous.. I had a couple people come down the range (my home course range) and joke about quieting down because the sound it made was so substantial haha!

So, I take it that your results with the RH and the Octane were no Bueno?

Thanks cook - yeah I clicked on that link and it looks like a members only site? or how do I get on there?
baja

I signed up and tried to place the order but it keeps saying this "Gateway error: The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder" and won't take my order - grrr -might try again after a beer!! total is $181.85

So, I take it that your results with the RH and the Octane were no Bueno?

Correct.. It really just doesn't work well with my game.. Even worse was the RAZR driver... I thought the accuracy was decent, but the muted feel was pretty unresponsive, and my misses were ballooned fades.. Maybe I still need to get over myself with the Callaway brand, but they just flat out don't work for me.

Edit: Feel free to force me into a Callaway specific range session in about 11 months haha.. If someone turned me on to Callaway, I'd only want it to be you haha!

For anyone pondering new grips, I just played my first round with the Golf Pride VDRs on my wedges and Driver, and they are AWESOME! I might even like them more than NDMC and they are less than half the price.

All my clubs will have VDR's on them too. Big fan of them so far.

My irons were ordered with VDR's.........boom! I love the grip, it's so similar to the Tour Velvet.

Hey could you guys send some love my way and post this on the VDR thread. Gracias!

Kevin, which shaft did you go with on the A12?

I'm in full on pondering for a graphite iron shaft. My wrists are dying. Think I'm going to go and see what my local club guy can get for me.

Can they make graphite shafts in the size you would need?

Hey guys! First time poster, so hopefully I'm putting this in the right place and I'll try to keep it short. I've spent the past few weeks researching hybrids, as I am finally going to give in and add one to gap between my 2i and Superfast 3w. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Mashie and RAZR X, but for the life of me I can't make a decision no matter how many times I hit them at the local PGA Superstore. Even the two friends I brought with me were divided between the two, so I just want some knowledge from the guys who have had them in their bags for a bit or even just some pure bs tech or vector stats to tilt the scales. lol

Also, since this is my first hybrid, can someone tell me what equivalent club to get to close that 2i-3w gap in the mashie. Basically, which one is going to compare to 5w length? M2 maybe?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I want to get my mizuno on in a big way.

You're such a Lukey D homer! What ya thinking? MX 1000's or MX 300's, :p

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Correct.. It really just doesn't work well with my game.. Even worse was the RAZR driver... I thought the accuracy was decent, but the muted feel was pretty unresponsive, and my misses were ballooned fades.. Maybe I still need to get over myself with the Callaway brand, but they just flat out don't work for me.

Edit: Feel free to force me into a Callaway specific range session in about 11 months haha.. If someone turned me on to Callaway, I'd only want it to be you haha!

I won't push a certain brand on you buddy. We all have likes and dislikes. I'd struggle to put Cobra's in my bag for sure.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Hey guys! First time poster, so hopefully I'm putting this in the right place and I'll try to keep it short. I've spent the past few weeks researching hybrids, as I am finally going to give in and add one to gap between my 2i and Superfast 3w. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Mashie and RAZR X, but for the life of me I can't make a decision no matter how many times I hit them at the local PGA Superstore. Even the two friends I brought with me were divided between the two, so I just want some knowledge from the guys who have had them in their bags for a bit or even just some pure bs tech or vector stats to tilt the scales. lol

Also, since this is my first hybrid, can someone tell me what equivalent club to get to close that 2i-3w gap in the mashie. Basically, which one is going to compare to 5w length? M2 maybe?

Thanks in advance!

The M2 should fall close to your 5W range. I use a M3 and go from that to my 5W with a pretty even gap. Wish I could give you more info on the RAZR hybrid, but I haven't hit it. You can check out the Callaway Demo Day thread for some more info, though. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20678-Callaway-Demo-Day-Review

I have a problem with 3woods. I've had more of those than any other club. Don't know why either. I've loved the Superfast but our time is almost up. I've heard great things about the VR and I'm desperate to try the Razr Hawk and Octane. Probably one of my biggest equipment regrets was getting rid of my Hyper X 3wood a couple of years ago. That club was nasty.

Have you tried the Ping G15 or the TEE 3 wood TC? I just put a TEE 4 wood with 16.5 degrees in my bag thanks to ddec. Its a half degree stronger than most 4 woods. I was hitting a friends last night and I was hitting it every bit as long as my current 3 wood. I was also really suprised by how well the Ping performed. I also have to mention Srixon but I am not sure if they make it for lefties.

The M2 should fall close to your 5W range. I use a M3 and go from that to my 5W with a pretty even gap. Wish I could give you more info on the RAZR hybrid, but I haven't hit it. You can check out the Callaway Demo Day thread for some more info, though. http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?20678-Callaway-Demo-Day-Review

Thanks for the input. The gap question is probably something I can ask at the store, but I figured I would ask and see if someone else is using it as a 5w replacement and what model they feel best fits that role.

EDIT: So I just got back from the store with my new Mashie M3 with Miyazaki C. Kua Storm Hybrid 59 stiff shaft. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Was just offered to buy brand new Callaway x-20 for $300 are these clubs any good , look likes the guys is bugging out a bit should i pounce on it , i just bought Di11's about 3 mo ago, i guess i do not have to play them.

Was just offered to buy brand new Callaway x-20 for $300 are these clubs any good , look likes the guys is bugging out a bit should i pounce on it , i just bought Di11's about 3 mo ago, i guess i do not have to play them.

I don't really think that's a great deal. x-20s are pretty aged at this point, and I can bet you could find them slightly used or new for quite a bit less at this point.

Just my opinion though.

ok thanks canadan

For the record I am just basing it off what I am seeing on eBay, and the fact that the irons have been out for multiple years. If you really like them go for it, but I'm kind of surprised that you're even interested in a set of irons that are older than your Di11s. Kind of moving backwards, isn't it?

For the record I am just basing it off what I am seeing on eBay, and the fact that the irons have been out for multiple years. If you really like them go for it, but I'm kind of surprised that you're even interested in a set of irons that are older than your Di11s. Kind of moving backwards, isn't it?

Yes it was spur of the moment think the guy wanted drug money i wasnt going to play them i love my Di's. Just wasnt sure if it was a steal or not

VR Pro wedges will be mine soon. And yeah Ogs I wouldn't get those irons. The 11's are better in every way

I'm pondering a 14th club for the bag. I'm thinking it should go between my 4 wood and m4, but I'm asking all of you what you would do. 4 wood is 17*, m4 is 23, and my 5 iron is 26*. I'm thinking I should fill the gap with an m3.

Rest of the bag looks like this, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, 52, 56, 60 (wedges need bent to 50-54-58)

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back