Equipment Brand Hats- Do You Need The Gear?

haha love this thread, but only because I've owned two awesome Nike hats since last year (love them) and bought them because of the brand of clothing, not the actual clubs they make... Anywho, I bought two new ones this year, and am excited to have just added two of their wedges to my bag, which are pretty awesome.

In short, I think it matters very little. a golf hat is a golf hat. I personally don't mind matching clubs to hat, but it's not absolute.

I love my R-11 hat even though i do not play it or have tm in my bag so yes you can wear brand names with out it being in the bag

Ya its ok, but I generally only wear brand hats of companies that are in my bag.

I usually only buy hats of companies that are in my bag when I buy them. I quit using titleist balls when I switched to Bridgestone two years ago, but those titleist hats are great. I'm not going to throw a good hat away because I changed equipment, but it does give me a good excuse to buy new hats!

I tend to only wear hats that have some connection to my bag. Thankfully I think I have almost all OEM's covered LOL

Yea I think it is okay. I personally like to wear a hat company that I have in my bag but to each their own.

I've never even thought about it to be honest. I just wear a hat that matches my outfit more than anything.

I've never even thought about it to be honest. I just wear a hat that matches my outfit more than anything.

No doubt.. I think matching the hat with the outfit is more important than matching the hat with the clubs haha!

stylista, you got it.

I focus on matching for sure with the outfit.. but I do both and when I think about it I do think about colour and what outfits it goes with and then the brand.

I'm looking for kind of an "anti-sponsorship."

The way I've been playing lately, maybe some golf companies will pay me NOT TO wear a hat with their logo on it. LOL

I try to match the hat, but I like hats the wick away moisture and are very light.

I pretty much only wear THP hats, so no, it does not match. But they look really nice on the course.

I pretty much only wear THP hats, so no, it does not match. But they look really nice on the course.

I'm very similar. I wear my THP or my Pukka hats more than anything else.

I wear a hat based on the style/color/comfort, not based on what's in my bag. I don't see anything wrong with it.

+1, I have Bridgestone, Titleist, SeeMore, Ping & Cleveland brand hats. I only play Bridgestone and Cleveland clubs.

A hat is a hat, if you like it thats all that matters. Unless of course you have a paid sponsorship, then you should wear your equipment brand hat. I don't really wear an equipment hat when I play. I tend to wear either a ratty old oakley hat that I've had for probably 10 years because its comfy or a Virginia Tech hat since thats where I went for school.

I think you should rock the hat of the gear you use. It's only right.

Nope....don't care about the brand! It's all about the fit and comfort of the hat. Since it's slated to be in the mid to upper 90's all week and I have a lot of golf to play I will be seeking one of those Titleist all white hats soon.

I only wear what brand(s) I use. I've always been that way with other stuff.

No need to be trendy and wear a Titleist hat...

Since no company pays me to wear their logo, it is completely acceptable to wear an OEM's hat, even if it isn't represented in my bag.

I think I've always worn a Titleist hat until the last few weeks. I used to play with a Titleist Driver, a Fairway woods and Irons. Over the last few years the complexion of my bag has changed and now I have TaylorMade Driver, fairway woods and hybrid in my bag. The only Titleist club I have now is a sand wedge, so I went out and bought a couple of TaylorMade hats.

But the caps match your spotless swing towel! That's the THP match for my bag! Soon as the THP bag comes out the cap will REALLY match the bag!

Of course it is. I like it I wear it.....

Its all about coordination to me. Of course comfort/feel is first, but color matching is 1a. From there, if it matches brands that are in play that doesn't give you extra strokes but I've always been of the mentality; Look good feel good, feel good play good. Meaning that I prefer to coordinate the brand on my noggin with the brand in my bag, even though said brands would probably prefer I don't! I've been debating this very subject for about a week. I want to buy a painters/military style hat, but the selection (brand) has been limited in the stores I've visited. Mostly Ping in that style and a couple Callaway's. I don't own a single piece of Ping gear otherwise so I didn't buy the hat. Same with Callaway. We'll see what happens.

Back