The Off Topic What Did You Buy Today Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also thought that I should post that I have finally moved out from my parents house and am on my own now! I graduated college in December and have been staying at home for a few months to save up some money and make sure that I am secure with a job. I finally found a place and moved in on May 7 (yeah I know I'm a little late). I'm very excited and so happy to be out on my own.

That being said, I had to purchase lots of furniture. So, I got a couch, a recliner, a bed, a dresser, and a night stand. I also had to get a washer/dryer. I still have to get a dining room table, coffee table/side table and a slim table for my bedroom (for the tv). I also got a 52" Sharp LED-LCD tv, TV stand and a Wii as a present to myself. :D

Congrats on your independence! It's all downhill from here!

Lamb kabobs for lunch

I also thought that I should post that I have finally moved out from my parents house and am on my own now! I graduated college in December and have been staying at home for a few months to save up some money and make sure that I am secure with a job. I finally found a place and moved in on May 7 (yeah I know I'm a little late). I'm very excited and so happy to be out on my own.

That being said, I had to purchase lots of furniture. So, I got a couch, a recliner, a bed, a dresser, and a night stand. I also had to get a washer/dryer. I still have to get a dining room table, coffee table/side table and a slim table for my bedroom (for the tv). I also got a 52" Sharp LED-LCD tv, TV stand and a Wii as a present to myself. :D

Craigslist is your friend for furniture! Except for a bed. Mattresses and box springs I always buy new!

I just registered to re-certify in standard first aid. $95! There goes something out of my budget doggonit.

Used the Worx trimmer today.Definitely not a normal use for it since I haven't trimmed/edged all year until now. I also charged up the old one as well. It lasts about 4 or 5 minutes before you notice the charge going away quickly. It runs for about 10 minutes, but the last 5 is about worthless. (It has a NiCad battery)

This new one has a Lithium battery and it lasted 15 minutes and then just died. That should be enough to do my whole yard on a normal day or at least close to it. Today though I had to charge it two more more times to get all of the streetfront, the fenceline (inside and out) and around bushes, shrubs and all the other places. I did go ahead and buy a second battery on Amazon today so when I need it, I don't have to wait the half hour for it to charge, especially since from now on, two charges should be the most I will need.

Again, if you can actually USE one of the gas powered trimmers and not have line issues like I do, that would be the way to go. But this auto line feed stuff is the shiznit for me! Plus this thing only weighs five pounds.

Had to buy a couple of dog door flaps as Charlie tore up the ones on the outside. When they got here a couple days ago, they looked so nice (clear!) that I decided to get a couple more for the inside since the holes where you screw them in are getting elongated and will probably come apart shortly.

Dexter is a seriously addicting show. I'm just starting season 5!!!! :D

I'm all caught up but just wanted to own them all!!!

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

i bought a coffee, and the gf some victoria secret sandals... gotta keep her happy since i got new sticks haha

We bought the dogs the mid size pool today, the $15 one at Walmart. Tara spent quite a bit of time in it this afternoon. Charlie the water dog still wants nothing to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back