First Look: Ben Hogan VKTR+ Hybrid

I'm struggling with mine. I got a 3H with my Hogan set from the experience. It's the one club in the set I am having trouble getting to work for me. I picked up a used Cobra Speed zone 3H to try out to see if I fair any better.

I'm struggling with mine. I got a 3H with my Hogan set from the experience. It's the one club in the set I am having trouble getting to work for me. I picked up a used Cobra Speed zone 3H to try out to see if I fair any better.
Anything in particular you're struggling with? It's frustrating that I can't seem to figure this club out and I'm wondering if it could possibly be the shaft.

Anything in particular you're struggling with? It's frustrating that I can't seem to figure this club out and I'm wondering if it could possibly be the shaft.

I can't seem to get the ball elevated. A better ball striker with a faster swing may fare better but I am struggling for sure.

I can't seem to get the ball elevated. A better ball striker with a faster swing may fare better but I am struggling for sure.
We're in the same boat, but for me it's likely the ball striking and not the speed. In the right hands, I think these could be great. They check a lot of boxes in looks, profile, and feel for a hybrid.

I don't have a problem elevating the VKTR+ 4h personally, but the SZ will definitely be hotter and easier to elevate.

Launch high and land soft at a little over 200yds is a pretty useful shot.

22* 4h is going to bump the OL radspeed 5i out of the bag for a few rounds.

Looking for exactly the above.

Had this one out for 9 holes today and only hit it twice. First was a long approach into a par 5 that I was hoping to layup just short left. It did exactly that with a low piercing flight that was good for the conditions but not great if I was trying to hold a green.

Next shot was a tight par 4 and anything left is dead. Ball flight off a tee is significantly higher and it came off pretty hot. No complaints and I was left in a nice safe spot just off the right side of the fairway.

For me it comes down to what I'm looking for in this spot. If high, soft land approaches is what you are after then maybe not the best option. If you want an easier to hit driving iron type replacement then this fits nicely. At least in the 18* model that I'm playing.

Back