Dynamic Gold Spinner vs KBS Hi-rev

JConn

Proud 2013 MC Participant
Reaction score
Handicap
I am planning on buying some TM xFT wedges very soon, and the ones I am looking at come with the KBS Hi-rev shafts. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these shafts? I have the KBS Tours in my irons and I love them. I have heard/read so much good stuff on here about the DG Spinner Shaft so I was planning on putting those in the xFTs. Are there any comparisons between these two shafts? What are the main differences? Would it be worth the switch?

I searched for KBS hi-rev reviews and couldn't find much. If there is another thread please merge this for me.

Thank you in advance.

I don't have any experience with the KBS shafts, but I have the DG Spinner's in my wedges and I really like them. Not sure how much extra spin they gave me, but it is substantial. Really helps on shots from the rough. Adds just enough to give me some extra stopping power.

There is a pretty large thread on the THP Radio Show that we did with the creator of the DG Spinner. In that thread, I believe there are quite a few comparisons by people. That show is also worth a listen.

I've got the DG's in my current wedges and I tested the KBS Hi-Rev shafts in the Ping S-Tour wedge. Both are great shafts. The Hi-Rev seems to launch a little higher launching and feels a little more sturdy as it's a thicker shaft but the DG seems to have a perfectly balanced weighting to it that just works. I think depending what club head you pair the shaft with will ultimately determine which option works best for you

There is a pretty large thread on the THP Radio Show that we did with the creator of the DG Spinner. In that thread, I believe there are quite a few comparisons by people. That show is also worth a listen.

Every show is worth listening to.....:D Last week one of our members put them in his Wedges. Everyone wrote great things about the DG spinner. You know what I did ...I put one in my CG 15 SW. All I can write is that it was FABULOUS :banana: It is truely amazing how it worked for me. Instead of driving home after round I drove straight to Golfsmith and put one in my Lob wedge.

Anxious to hear feedback others may have as well. I have KBS Tour shafts in my irons and am purchasing new CC wedges before the City Championship, so I'm considering the KBS Hi-Rev shafts for them.

I looked at that thread and enjoyed it very much. Seems to be a great shaft and really haven't seen anything but good reviews. I will check out the radio show. Thanks for the heads up JB.

Thanks for all the feedback, and all of the comments. I think I may just throw some Spinners in my current wedges to try them out. Could save me some money in the long run. I will definitely check out the radio shows, as they sound very informative.

I have never hit the Hi-Rev shafts but I do have the DG in my 52*, (thanks True Temper and :thp:), and I like it. It is definitely a completely different feel, something I would imagine would not agree with everybody. I know it would be hard but I would try to demo it before spending $ on the shaft and labor.

I have never hit the Hi-Rev shafts but I do have the DG in my 52*, (thanks True Temper and :thp:), and I like it. It is definitely a completely different feel, something I would imagine would not agree with everybody. I know it would be hard but I would try to demo it before spending $ on the shaft and labor.

I would love to demo them, but I'm not sure where I could do so outdoors with a chipping/pitching area. I don't want to hit them inside, off a mat, into a net. Maybe I'll ask around in my men's club (when I get home from college) to see if anyone has them and would let me try them.

I have the DG Spinners in my CG16 48* and CG15 52*. I had the stock shafts in these previously and there would be no check up when chipping around the green. With these shafts in them, i can get them to check up really well. I am a 16 HC so if they work for me, they will work for anyone. For $20, I would highly recommend trying these out. If you end up not liking it, I will buy it off of you to put in one of my other wedges. I havent tried the HiRev shafts but would be willing to try them out as well.

I have the DG Spinners in my CG16 48* and CG15 52*. I had the stock shafts in these previously and there would be no check up when chipping around the green. With these shafts in them, i can get them to check up really well. I am a 16 HC so if they work for me, they will work for anyone. For $20, I would highly recommend trying these out. If you end up not liking it, I will buy it off of you to put in one of my other wedges. I havent tried the HiRev shafts but would be willing to try them out as well.

That is awesome. Thank you for the info. I have decided to put the DG Spinners in my current wedges, to try out the shafts. With all of the good reviews, I can't wait to get these in!

I know this is an old thread but if you was going to put a DG Spinner in would you just do the Sand and Lob? I take alot of full swings with my gap and didnt know how thatd work?

If your 588 wedges are the new version, then I am not sure I would. That is assuming you have the standard Tour Concept shaft. Similar in design, True Temper and Cleveland worked to tweak it slightly to assist in full swings by not lowering ball flight as much.

They are the new ones.

i currently just traded in my TM Rac 54 for a Xft 54, The Rac Had DG Spinners loved them smooth consistent ball flight and loved this wedge from 110-125 out it was my go to wedge, so the other day i thought it was time to upgrade so i bought the same loft 54 but in the Xft which has the hi rev shaft so i played a round saturday and from my usual about 115 out decided to put the new club in to play. first thoughts when making contact was wow i love this but then i saw the distance i was maybe 10-15 yards short of where i should have been. thinking it was a fluke i shrugged it off. but it kept doing this though out the round so i have lost some yardage with the revs i am seriously giving it some thought about going back to the spinners but i think a few more rounds with the rev is in order.

If your 588 wedges are the new version, then I am not sure I would. That is assuming you have the standard Tour Concept shaft. Similar in design, True Temper and Cleveland worked to tweak it slightly to assist in full swings by not lowering ball flight as much.

Plus according to the True Temper website they are more spinnier then the DGs

Awesome info! Has anyone tried the DG Spinner+ or KBS Hi-Rev in their GW or PW?

I have the regular KBS wedge in my GW and love it

Back