Off Course: Golf Ball Fitting, Club Fitting and More

They both can be great! Rogue ST fairway woods are amazing! Apex UW is also amazing, but shorter in length, different spin provide and, due to its size and sole design, more versatile for some clubs deliveries. I will have a Rogue ST 3-wood and an Apex UW 17-degree (I call it a 5-wood), but 1.5" difference in club length.
It was definitely said in just. Typical golfer, once you get set in an area of your bag, some thing, or things, catch your attention. Both are solid clubs!

Hate this time of the year sometimes.....You hear all the stuff about the Rogue ST Fairways and I just got settled and hitting the ball great in the fall with the Epic Speed Fairway

Ask me what my favorite club in the bag is?

Epic Speed 4-wood. I can stick it on the green at 245 out. I can drop a low spin bomb to 265. I can draw it. I can cut it. I can hit stingers with it. Absolutely love that thing

Ask me which fairway wood will be in my bag for next season?

Rogue ST LS 3-wood.

Golf ball fitting talk was fantastic! Still not done, but listening to these are seriously the best weekly tradition! About 20 minutes left for the drive home tonight!

Golf ball fitting talk was fantastic! Still not done, but listening to these are seriously the best weekly tradition! About 20 minutes left for the drive home tonight!

Agreed. Its amazing how many people talk about "upgrade putter over driver because you use it more than a driver" as a mind set yet completely ignore the one thing that you use on both of them: the ball. Its the one piece of equipment that will play a part in every golf shot you take, whether you shoot 67 or 167.

Ask me what my favorite club in the bag is?

Epic Speed 4-wood. I can stick it on the green at 245 out. I can drop a low spin bomb to 265. I can draw it. I can cut it. I can hit stingers with it. Absolutely love that thing

Ask me which fairway wood will be in my bag for next season?

Rogue ST LS 3-wood.
Exact Fairway I have. The trusty 4-wood. I Love it too! But all this talk about the Rogue......🤯

Finally got to listen on the drive home. I could listen to Vrska talk gear every week to be honest. Great points about fitting and how important the ball is.

Hahaha.. @vgolfman is funny.. do I know my 7 iron numbers..

18*, 134, 6550… lol

Ok finished up now. I am now even more excited to try the CSX LS.

The milled putter question is an interesting one. I like the feel of milled putters better but I have gone back to my insert putter to control pace better. :unsure:

Hahaha.. @vgolfman is funny.. do I know my 7 iron numbers..

18*, 134, 6550… lol
I must not have gotten to that part yet. My numbers are probably about right for my swing speed, but spin could come down a bit. 7000-7100 is a bit much but I like knowing my ball is gonna stay near its landing spot.

Ok finished up now. I am now even more excited to try the CSX LS.

The milled putter question is an interesting one. I like the feel of milled putters better but I have gone back to my insert putter to control pace better. :unsure:
I can’t wait to try the ball. It’s on my short list for ball of the year.

Just finished listening and it was an amazing show. The 7 drivers comment was hilarious. Definitely must try the CS X LS ball after listening to MV gush about it,

I'm listening right now, and just hit pause. I had to call out @vgolfman comment about the quality of product coming out of Callaway right now considering COVID causing remote work over the course of the last couple years, and at times the R & D team not even being allowed into the office. That resonated WELL with me. In fact, my reaction on release day was that the whole Callaway team was doing some magic. The sheer volume of fitting options in this Rogue release, PLUS several lines of new putters from Odyssey AND Toulon, PLUS all the work that has gone into the Chromesoft line is huge. And the quality at which all of it is executed looks to be tops. I have to assume that a lot of the heavy lifting was getting done well back into 2020. Meaning this whole release was a grind against shutdowns, supply chain, the R & D guys having stir-crazy kids in the background while inventing the next great things... really impressive stuff. Kudos 👊

Last edited:
I feel like @vgolfman took a shot at me and my 7 drivers in the bag 😂😂😂

Fantastic episode @Canadan ! Thanks for taking the time @vgolfman ! Well done to both of you!

That was an incredible Off Course. EXACTLY the dose of @vgolfman and Callaway fitting goodness that I NEEDED after all the Grandaddy action and Rogue ST release last week! 👊

I loved, loved the ball fitting discussion and hearing about fitting your ball indoors. Really enjoyed this one, and hearing about everything Callaway is doing.

The most beautiful bouquet ever.

guess that could depend on what flowers are in there. A triton or two could ruin the whole thing. Lol

One of the things @vgolfman eluded too, but didn't say was more on what Callaway is doing with golf ball fittings (he indicated in the future). So, Michael can you tell us when we might be able to know more about what Callaway has up their sleeve regarding golf ball fittings?

Back