Sneak Peek: Mizuno ST-X 220 and ST-Z 220 Drivers

Gaming the current ST-Z, I'll be watching like a hawk to see if there are noticeable improvements here. From the pics we've seen, it looks like a bit more weight in the back on the Z-axis, so probably more MOI and a lower CG.

Looks like there is more carbon on the sole for 220. I figure they got some extra weight to position where they want it. Mizuno has been adjusting their metallurgy so I look forward to hearing what they did for the 220 line.

Looks like there is more carbon on the sole for 220. I figure they got some extra weight to position where they want it. Mizuno has been adjusting their metallurgy so I look forward to hearing what they did for the 220 line.
I'm not actually sure how much improved metallurgy will help here, unless they come up with a better version of beta-titanium. Most of the gains seem to be in the engineering side, rather than the materials side.

Pictures and information on the new Mizuno drivers are on Rock Bottom Golf this morning. Not sure if that breaks embargo

I saw both on socks dicks spring goods pre order for Feb 2 i think it said.

Sticking at the $449 price! I've got some RBG store credit just itching to bring me home a new big stick. Looks like RDX and at least Tensei AV Raw Blue coming in as stock shafts but RBG probably doesn't have all the shaft options listed yet.

Paaaaaaaatience……

Tinkered with the loft on my ST-X today and brought it down to 9.375, lowered ball flight while keeping carry very similar. Probably a positive move. Made me even more excited for these to come out. There is a single ST-220G sitting there at the LGS looking all lonely... I think its needs some quality time.

Back