2022 Mizuno ST Series Drivers and Metal Woods

I need to hear more about these hybrids. I've got a 4 clubs within 6 degrees of loft in my current bag. I'm thinking about just keeping that entire bag and buying a new one to start over. ;) I love me a good hybrid.

It’s about time they went with heavier weights in the back compared to the last two models. Their heads are on the light side, and hopefully this changes that. Even better if they allow for some further customization.

I'm buying the ST-Z driver. It will perform for me very well and keep my yardage up there.

They look great. This is my favorite time of the year!

Great writeup @ddec !

Might the ascent 50 be available in either head? Or is that s custom?

I will wait until early Spring. The Mizuno rep does a demo day at the range I go to. So far it's a driver and a T-22 wedge. Who knows by then. I have always wanted a CLK.

Looks like the fairway woods now have titanium faces which is interesting.

I read elsewhere that the previous model ST-Z fairway woods are out of stock and won't be replenished. I guess I consider myself somewhat lucky to have one.

Looks like the fairway woods now have titanium faces which is interesting.

I read elsewhere that the previous model ST-Z fairway woods are out of stock and won't be replenished. I guess I consider myself somewhat lucky to have one.

only the 3 wood has the titanium face

I didn't get a chance to hit the previous version, but the details on what Mizuno did after learning what needed to be enhanced from the previous version is pretty cool to see. From a looks perspective, this one checks all the boxes for me and has some tech appeal with the weight placement of the ST-z.

Last edited:
Can't wait to get mine - when will they be available?? The '21 stz was just what I needed - be sure to get the right shaft!!! <<<< That's my best advice!

Fitting booked for Monday 0900, hope they ahve these and the Rogue available for demo purposes. This is a paid fitting, but if I buy then credited to the cost of the club - so very eager to be ready for this season. Based on what's written these seem like they will fit the bill well.

Can anyone talk to the HZRDUS RDX Blue 5.5 Shaft - sounds interesting.

I might just go ahead and preorder.

Those are some of the sexiest marketing photos I've ever seen. Not gonna lie, was sorely tempted to place an order. I need to keep telling myself that I need to finish my wedges first.......

The 7-wood and the new hybrid series interest me. My current CLK was amazing when I first bought it, but it's gradually drifted into an uncontrollable hook generator as I've made swing changes for the rest of my bag. The ST-Z fairways are amazing for me, the 7-wood might be the ticket to replace my hybrid...

Good looking clubs and great review @ddec! I still have not tried any of these. I would like to hit the St-X someday

still no STX for us LH :cry:

Of all the releases this year, this one stands out as of this very moment.

Great writeup, @ddec.

I've only gotten to play the ST-X at a range and indoors, but it ahs been a tremendously satisfying club, and a significant upgrade over my G400 Max, which I never thought I'd be saying. I get skeptical looks when people ask what I'm hitting and tell them, but I think that'sgoing to change in the next six months.

And now a 7 wood . . . .

This will be a must try this year

I didn't realize the 3 wood is 16 degrees! Now that has me interested!

any idea of the flex options in their J-spec lightweight shafts?
Not an expert here, but my understanding is the J Spec is a lighter head (maybe, it was supposedly in the 2021 model), and the shaft is .75" longer, and it's about 40+ grams. Finally it is (or may be available in Senior and Regular flex). It's supposedly designed for really slow speeds.

Now, that brings me to this question, my swing is moderate high 80s low 90s some say stiff others regular. I have no idea at this point. But I do know I need more spin - that seems to suggest the new X model. So hopefully they have these at my fitting on Monday.

Any posted pics of the 3 wood at address?

Back