2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

@Canadan might have a career as a hand model! Enjoy the day out there!

Got back from league tonight and I finally found a weakness to my driver. The crown/super high toe. Ball just doesn't come out of there hot enough :LOL:

But for real, I hit one there and it scared the hell out of me. Luckily the driver is all good! Another crazy night of accuracy with this thing. I was living slightly high and slightly toe side tonight...didn't matter. Same distance, same fantastic dispersion. This line is nuts.

Now for some actual criticism. There was a reason I was fit in to the LS and that was to erase the right side of the course for me. There is some draw tendency with the Max head. The website says "Semi Draw" and I agree with that. At my N/S setting, the right side of the course is still in play. So much so tonight that I don't think I hit more than two or three baby fades (which is the shape I play for) out of about 50 swings. It doesn't hurt me on a simulator, but outside it could put me in to trouble if I'm expecting a slight fade shape. The LS sits more neutral and allows me to hit a fade when I want to.

In California with the Max, my normal fade was prevalent which worked wonders for me. But if I can't trust that to happen every time, that's when I may line up wrong and hit a slight pull when all I want to do is avoid the right side. I do hope I can try out the LS as some point and see what my shape would look like and hopefully can put my fitted specs against what I'm currently using and see if I can see a difference.

Still plenty of confidence right now though and nothing that would worry me yet. Just something I noticed tonight since my swing wasn't as dialed as it was last week.

Is this the simulator that shows you driver draw vs everything else? I remember you hitting fades on gcquad and talking about how your course sim shows draw. If so, I wouldn’t trust that data in any shape way or form.

@Canadan getting ready to go from the other day.
Its a Reel so we cannot embed.

Course looks great but that club is πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Is this the simulator that shows you driver draw vs everything else? I remember you hitting fades on gcquad and talking about how your course sim shows draw. If so, I wouldn’t trust that data in any shape way or form.
Same place but they redid all the lasers and sensor strips this year and everything is way more accurate regarding shot shape. Spin is another story though. But I have trusted the shape so far this season since it’s doing what I feel it should do on the strike most of the time

Same place but they redid all the lasers and sensor strips this year and everything is way more accurate regarding shot shape. Spin is another story though. But I have trusted the shape so far this season since it’s doing what I feel it should do on the strike most of the time

That’s good. Nice to trust the data more on shape. When you were fit did you have a chance to hit both the max ls and 3d ls? I am personally curious how those compare.

That’s good. Nice to trust the data more on shape. When you were fit did you have a chance to hit both the max ls and 3d ls? I am personally curious how those compare.
Not personally. I only hit the LS and Max. I know there’s been a lot of chatter for those other two though! @Tevenor was fit in to the TD but I know he swung LS too

Has anybody hit both the new Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS and the Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS? If so, how would you compare the two heads?
Using my shaft in the head to head, my Speed TD 10.5Β° in -1/N had roughly 300 rpm more spin than Rogue TD 9Β° in N/S. My club is set up 2G front and 12G back. The Rogue had 4G in the front instead of a 6G. Rogue looked really good and even though I need more loft to bring spin up, it was at least equal in forgiveness. Dispersion favoured the right side of the grid but I could hit a baby draw if I wanted. That said, LS TD was super predictable in every sense. I’m hoping the club’s demo heads arrive this week so I can test the heads in lofts appropriate for my needs.

Using my shaft in the head to head, my Speed TD 10.5Β° in -1/N had roughly 300 rpm more spin than Rogue TD 9Β° in N/S. My club is set up 2G front and 12G back. The Rogue had 4G in the front instead of a 6G. Rogue looked really good and even though I need more loft to bring spin up, it was at least equal in forgiveness. Dispersion favoured the right side of the grid but I could hit a baby draw if I wanted. That said, LS TD was super predictable in every sense. I’m hoping the club’s demo heads arrive this week so I can test the heads in lofts appropriate for my needs.
Is your Speed TD the LS model or simply Speed TD?

Those were the only two that I hit and the numbers were fairly similar, but the shot shape definitely favored opposite sides of the course. The max ls definitely had a draw/left bias while the TD LS was a fade/right bias, which I gravitated towards. Had I known about the green dot adapter, I may have tried the max LS in the -2 position, but that’s hindsight. The big difference is a draw vs fade bias. It’s not huge, but it’s noticeable for someone like me who is terrified of losing the ball left!

No reason to change driver headed into next year, but the pictures of the Rogue, plus the talk here, has me wanting to at least try it out.

No reason to change driver headed into next year, but the pictures of the Rogue, plus the talk here, has me wanting to at least try it out.
Never hurts to test… or buy πŸ˜†

That's my worry ;)
Got a fitting next weekend. Going for driver and irons. When I told my wife… she asked if I signed her up for a fitting as well. Her’s is now right after mine. Could be an expensive day. :oops:

Got a fitting next weekend. Going for driver and irons. When I told my wife… she asked if I signed her up for a fitting as well. Her’s is now right after mine. Could be an expensive day. :oops:
Don’t forget the woods, and putters. Seriously the woods are missile launchers, and the 5k lineup is pretty amazing as far as the feel goes when putting.

Don’t forget the woods, and putters. Seriously the woods are missile launchers, and the 5k lineup is pretty amazing as far as the feel goes when putting.
Oh the woods are on tap too…. I just don’t want to believe it….

Is your Speed TD the LS model or simply Speed TD?
Standard Triple Diamond. It’s a Tour head with measured loft of 10.5Β°. I actually thought Rogue TD LS would have been lower spin TBH. A 10G weight in the front would demolish spin.

Standard Triple Diamond. It’s a Tour head with measured loft of 10.5Β°. I actually thought Rogue TD LS would have been lower spin TBH. A 10G weight in the front would demolish spin.
What is the difference between a Tour Speed Triple Diamond and the one by the same name that is still available on the Callaway website?

What is the difference between a Tour Speed Triple Diamond and the one by the same name that is still available on the Callaway website?
Nothing other than I found a Tour head which had been digitally measured for loft, lie and weight. It also had a CT sticker and white dot on the face from CT testing.

I’m going to do some building this week and add an adapter to a Kinetixx Launch and drop that in it as well as a custom PX I have and see where I end up, but so far I think this one might make the bag. Didn’t have an Epic in the bag so a fun change.

I’m going to do some building this week and add an adapter to a Kinetixx Launch and drop that in it as well as a custom PX I have and see where I end up, but so far I think this one might make the bag. Didn’t have an Epic in the bag so a fun change.
JB - what do you like about it so far that you're considering giving it a spot in the bag? With the building that's coming - what are you hoping to achieve? Higher ball fight, better dispersion? And - which spot would it take over?

JB - what do you like about it so far that you're considering giving it a spot in the bag? With the building that's coming - what are you hoping to achieve? Higher ball fight, better dispersion? And - which spot would it take over?
Similar to what I posted earlier which is the forgiveness I have seen around, specifically low on the face. The consistency across was another factor (mentioned after the round in here).

I don’t change shafts for higher and lower ball flight. For me it’s about centering and squaring and I seem to do that very well with those shafts.

I don’t know if this is the correct thread, but I thought that this was hilarious.

C69ECF98-DD9F-4BFB-B207-E61DF96658FA.png

Back