2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

I have enough stuff for my own demo cart..
Hahaha. I’m trying to build mine back up. Diamana PD, LAGP AXS blue, rogue white 130 70tx proto, and the new ventus soon.

Where do you think it sits with respect to ball speed, compared to other drivers? Anything more there?
Yes and no. Too early for me to say really. Overall, in stock setups, not against my TSi3 setup that I've seen. On certain strikes there is, so there's potential in that on a more dialed in setup.

Basically, I feel exactly how I did originally with my TSi3 about it. Liked the look and potential well enough to give it a longer term chance and let it win out over the long term if it can. Differences are mostly small with me and the things I choose, but small things show up in big ways on any given hole and add up over a number of rounds. Good or bad. I know it took me maybe 10 swings to know I wouldn't do this with a SIM2, for multiple reasons. This one gets a shot.

Yes and no. Too early for me to say really. Overall, in stock setups, not against my TSi3 setup that I've seen. On certain strikes there is, so there's potential in that on a more dialed in setup.

Basically, I feel exactly how I did originally with my TSi3 about it. Liked the look and potential well enough to give it a longer term chance and let it win out over the long term if it can. Differences are mostly small with me and the things I choose, but small things show up in big ways on any given hole and add up over a number of rounds. Good or bad. I know it took me maybe 10 swings to know I wouldn't do this with a SIM2, for multiple reasons. This one gets a shot.
So this vs the TSi3 for the bag this year? Any other standouts that could get a chance?

I hit the stealth plus the other day. Looks really good in person for sure. Classic pear shape.

I definitely need to give it another shot outdoors with my shaft in it. They only had stiff flex and I was hitting it all over the face.Had a couple good contact that were going 330+.

I left feeling like I should hold onto my sim2 for now and give it a proper testing.

So this vs the TSi3 for the bag this year? Any other standouts that could get a chance?

the tsi3 is going to be tough. I am also super interested in the new mizuno.

I hit the stealth plus the other day. Looks really good in person for sure. Classic pear shape.

I definitely need to give it another shot outdoors with my shaft in it. They only had stiff flex and I was hitting it all over the face.Had a couple good contact that were going 330+.

I left feeling like I should hold onto my sim2 for now and give it a proper testing.
There are no guarantees that it will beat a driver from a year ago. Personally, it checks more boxes for person preferences for me. Looks, sound, feel. Too early to tell if it’ll be a big increase on the mishits. I think compared to the og sim, it definitely “feels” more stable. And realistically, I think that’s about the only thing a guy can really hope for these days. There’s no doubt that almost every mainstream driver is going to be just as fast on a center strike. It’s what happens outside of that that will differentiate it.

For sure. Personally, I didn’t get any warm fuzzies when testing the TSi3. The shape wasn’t what I was expecting and it didn’t feel all that great to me. But, just the preferences I look for. It never got to the point where I wanted to get it out on the course.

For sure. Personally, I didn’t get any warm fuzzies when testing the TSi3. The shape wasn’t what I was expecting and it didn’t feel all that great to me. But, just the preferences I look for. It never got to the point where I wanted to get it out on the course.

i am a fan.. the mizuno stg is awesome but it launches too low. I am really curious to see if the Stz 220 in a 10.5 is a solution.

I've had some good outings with the triple diamond LS, but have been fooled before. Also been swinging a little differently recently, like I said. More time needed before I pull the trigger on that. I do want to give a sparklepony blue Cobra a chance, :D so honestly that feels more likely.

I've had some good outings with the triple diamond LS, but have been fooled before. Also been swinging a little differently recently, like I said. More time needed before I pull the trigger on that. I do want to give a sparklepony blue Cobra a chance, :D so honestly that feels more likely.
Haha. Sparkepony lol. I haven’t seen that one yet. The triple diamond is probably the only other big stick I’m considering. Haven’t been able to track one down yet though. Probably be a demo day situation this summer. But, if things are going well with the driver, I think I could see myself just sticking with it and not messing with a good thing.

What shaft do you think has the best chance of being “the one”?

I'm guessing the hot look for next season will be the Stealth driver with the new Rogue fairways.
I priced out a 12-18-21-24 set with Ventus Reds and wrap grips.
$2401.96 sound right?
And only ten more clubs to buy.

Not good for ours kids' inheritance is my first take.

I guess the Stealth will take away the clang. Ping fans especially may not like that.

It turns out that there's a Club Champion right in Needham. Who knew? But God forbid, what if I tried them and hit them pretty well?
I'm willing to bet that Club Champion is owned by divorce lawyers. That way they can get you coming and going.

I already bought irons this past season.

I knew there was a Club Champion in Needham you could have asked me :). There is also a Tour Spec Golf in Waltham where I have been well fit in the past.

Who says you have to leave your kids anything. You earned the money enjoy it.

I need to see if Golf USA has these in the fitting cart yet. Hate hitting indoors but would still be fun to get some #'s to see if I could improve on the TSi2. For me it will be making sure the correct shaft if in play.

I need to see if Golf USA has these in the fitting cart yet. Hate hitting indoors but would still be fun to get some #'s to see if I could improve on the TSi2. For me it will be making sure the correct shaft if in play.
You mean your advanced age shouldn’t have you hitting 120gram stiff shafts and a hzrdus black stiff?

What shaft do you think has the best chance of being “the one”?

No idea yet.. I have been a Ventus blue guy for a while but I am super curious about the rdx red.

No idea yet.. I have been a Ventus blue guy for a while but I am super curious about the rdx red.
Samesies. May have to find a 70 gram 6.5 to try. Doesn’t look like TM offers it. So will maybe have to pay a little extra. But will give the 60 a try in the shop eventually to see if it’s worth spending the $$

You mean your advanced age shouldn’t have you hitting 120gram stiff shafts and a hzrdus black stiff?
I may or may not be starting to feel some of said age.

If you're trying to knock the Modus he had this summer, they're 114g, and he had his highest GIR% ever this year. With you on the other thing though. :LOL:

If you're trying to knock the Modus he had this summer, they're 114g, and he had his highest GIR% ever this year. With you on the other thing though. :LOL:
Ha, yeah. I saw him play a few rounds. Old fella could use a little extra distance when we make him play the non forwards tees.

When you say Triple Diamond LS, I am presuming you mean the Speed, not the new Rogue?

Ha, yeah. I saw him play a few rounds. Old fella could use a little extra distance when we make him play the non forwards tees.
I am not liking all of this age talk.

Back