2022 Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Balls

I think they fine off the club. I just find them very fast of the putter. Fine for slow greens but we have some of the quickest in the country, Hate putting with them.

I’ve been using the Vice pro plus recently love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never been a Callaway guy. I’m also not crazy. I’m for sure going to try this ball. The technology is so evident
It is a great ball. If you give it a chance, I think you may be become a Callaway guy!

I agree with @MattyD-MPLS. I personally haven't hit the new golf balls, but I have plated each of the old ones. If the improvements are what they say, the Chrome Soft family of golf ball will be a great ball for many different players. Try them side by side if you can do you can see the differences. Can't wait to hear what you think!

I think they fine off the club. I just find them very fast of the putter. Fine for slow greens but we have some of the quickest in the country, Hate putting with them.

I’ve been using the Vice pro plus recently love it.

Is that with the '22 ball and which model?

The callaway chrome soft yes…. The vice not got any new ones yet.

I thought it was very interesting in the Off Course episode with @vgolfman when Vrska talked about how many people he thought the CSX LS would fit. I was already leaning toward that being the ball for me but that really upped the confidence.

I thought it was very interesting in the Off Course episode with @vgolfman when Vrska talked about how many people he thought the CSX LS would fit. I was already leaning toward that being the ball for me but that really upped the confidence.
Gonna have to try it, I don' t care for the harder ball and usually always stick with the regular CS. Especially for putting, I like the softer ball.

Got to take the morning off to play with @Wildcat4life @MagicSpell and @Roadrunner. At our league day last Sat the winners of the Callaway ball contest that @robrandalgz had picked gave out some of them to try. @MSEASU gave me some chrome soft x and @azrsx gave me a 22 Chrome soft x LS to try. I have been using really just one ball for awhile the Prov1x as i didn't want to change things up always switching around. I was comfortable with that ball and it seemed to work well. I recently was given some TP5 and TP5x also and had been trying those with some good success.

Today i decided to try the new Callaway balls for our round. I used the Chrome soft x first. I liked the feel of the X and thought it performed well in all aspects of my game. I lost one on hole 4 tee shot. I hit my 5 wood and needed to carry the bunkers 215 to clear. I hit a beautiful draw over the bunkers and fully expected the ball to be laying up in the middle of the FW. I got up there and there was no ball anywhere. There is a lake at about the 242 yard mark and all we can figure is it rolled in. I have never ever come close to that lake before. Played the rest of the front 9 with the x till i lost the last one on my 2nd shot of hole 10.

I then grabbed the Chrome soft x LS. We were teeing off on hole 11 which i have said before is my least favorite on this course. It is long straight and sloped right it just messes with me. I piped the LS right down the middle left and finished at 292 yards. I could not believe it. Beautiful ball flight and LONG! Hole 12 is a 220 carry over the desert and a bunker. Next driver was almost 290 again. I was up farther in the valley than i ever have been. We were playing a match play against @Wildcat4life today and @MagicSpell and @Roadrunner and i had some small wedge shots in today! I used that ball the rest of the round with great success. I cannot argue the results of the LS. I never really thought i would be a person that payed a low spin ball but i can guarantee i am going to buy some tomorrow! I am looking forward to giving some more updates on the 22 LS ball!

Got to take the morning off to play with @Wildcat4life @MagicSpell and @Roadrunner. At our league day last Sat the winners of the Callaway ball contest that @robrandalgz had picked gave out some of them to try. @MSEASU gave me some chrome soft x and @azrsx gave me a 22 Chrome soft x LS to try. I have been using really just one ball for awhile the Prov1x as i didn't want to change things up always switching around. I was comfortable with that ball and it seemed to work well. I recently was given some TP5 and TP5x also and had been trying those with some good success.

Today i decided to try the new Callaway balls for our round. I used the Chrome soft x first. I liked the feel of the X and thought it performed well in all aspects of my game. I lost one on hole 4 tee shot. I hit my 5 wood and needed to carry the bunkers 215 to clear. I hit a beautiful draw over the bunkers and fully expected the ball to be laying up in the middle of the FW. I got up there and there was no ball anywhere. There is a lake at about the 242 yard mark and all we can figure is it rolled in. I have never ever come close to that lake before. Played the rest of the front 9 with the x till i lost the last one on my 2nd shot of hole 10.

I then grabbed the Chrome soft x LS. We were teeing off on hole 11 which i have said before is my least favorite on this course. It is long straight and sloped right it just messes with me. I piped the LS right down the middle left and finished at 292 yards. I could not believe it. Beautiful ball flight and LONG! Hole 12 is a 220 carry over the desert and a bunker. Next driver was almost 290 again. I was up farther in the valley than i ever have been. We were playing a match play against @Wildcat4life today and @MagicSpell and @Roadrunner and i had some small wedge shots in today! I used that ball the rest of the round with great success. I cannot argue the results of the LS. I never really thought i would be a person that payed a low spin ball but i can guarantee i am going to buy some tomorrow! I am looking forward to giving some more updates on the 22 LS ball!
Stories like this just increase my need to get these when they come out!

I can attest to the bombs coming from @Doubleb21 ‘s driver today. I’m not sure I have the swing speed to take advantage of CS LS, but after watching today’s exhibition, I have to at least give them a try.

Putting some LS in the bag again for next round.

Just checked Arccos and 6 drives at 300 or further. That is not my game but I will take it.
That’s deep for you for that many a round. I can’t wait to give these a try..

You won't be disappointed.
Once this silly thing called snow goes away.... Think I am going to test the new callaway options against the z-star I mostly gamed last year, especially since the divide is in play; and probably throw in a snell or other DTC option, just in case I decide to save on golf balls for a driver or putter this year...

Last edited:
Once this silly thing called snow goes away.... Think I am going to test the new callaway options against the z-star I mostly gamed last year, especially since the divide is in play; and probably throw in a snell or other DTC option, just in case I decide to save of golf balls for a driver or putter this year...

Can't wait to hear your results!

The whole lineup is so good! Sounds like the CSXLS is the ball for you. Did you try it with Triple Track?

After the first test with the 22 CSX, I think I will playing it again for 2022!

After the first test with the 22 CSX, I think I will playing it again for 2022!
I'm still curious how it'll go with your TCBs. I've played the Rahmbo combo a bunch, and it's good, but it has its challenges too.

I'm still curious how it'll go with your TCBs. I've played the Rahmbo combo a bunch, and it's good, but it has its challenges too.
I was getting way more spin at ECPC with the 7 iron. The PW was only spinning 9500 rpm’s. I will take that all day long.

The whole lineup is so good! Sounds like the CSXLS is the ball for you. Did you try it with Triple Track?

I did that is the ball I was given! Will play the next round with the LS again to verify.

That’s deep for you for that many a round. I can’t wait to give these a try..
And to think, the warm summer temps and dry fairways will go farther.

So I tried to get some wedge numbers between my 21 LS and 22 LS this last Friday on our sim. Looks like our sim has a REAL problem with spin with wedges and mats. Said I was only spinning 5500 on FULL shots with my wedges (all three, 52, 56 and 60). No wonder balls always run out when I play in there. So that was pretty disappointing. Was excited to see the greenside spin difference (if any for me) between the two. Looks like I'll be waiting until I'm able to get outside. And then it won't be numbers, it will be feel.

Big bummer since I was really excited to bring some comparison data for short game. Next time I have time, I will get some iron data though!

Back