Srixon Z-STAR DIAMOND Golf Balls

that's why I've preferred the Z-star over the XV.

This is where I am too. I need to try these and see how they perform.

This ball is squarely on my radar, I'd say maybe a smidge behind the CSX LS. I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but was it ever determined if the Z-Star series is going to offer Divide? That might pull this ball even, or even a smidge ahead, of the CSX LS if that was available.

Was really wishing they would do there sleeve deal on diamond 💎 so I could try these out. Anyone see it anywhere or was that was prior gen

So these come out in six days. I'm in. I've logged so many rounds with ZStar and XV over the years... can't wait to see what Diamond has under the hood. I'm kind of loving the Brooks ball story. I feel like the Diamond is going to be a good one.

We have a video hitting tomorrow where we compare these to the entire Srixon lineup.

There shall be a shootout With this and the CSX. It’s odd but I enjoy trying new golf balls more than wedges.

We have a video hitting tomorrow where we compare these to the entire Srixon lineup.
Sounds like a lot of THP Tech Studio content coming

This ball is interesting. Not sure if it is the one yet.BA4E6331-A8AE-40EE-888A-A42DF2BCF8EA.jpeg

awesome.. can’t wait to see that! Super curious how it compares to my findings today.

20220119_123416.jpg

Damn the pain. Do it for science..

Thoughts so far? This ball is really interesting..
Literally on 2nd tee, where I just hit my first drive. After the first I want to say 'did they say this was "soft" because...'

Just hit the first drive though, and that is DAMN satisfying.

Literally on 2nd tee, where I just hit my first drive. After the first I want to say 'did they say this was "soft" because...'

Just hit the first drive though, and that is DAMN satisfying.

Well, going back to the compression talk. It is 102 compression.. That is super high.. But it is weird because the cover is slightly thicker and softens it up a bit.

Well, going back to the compression talk. It is 102 compression.. That is super high.. But it is weird because the cover is slightly thicker and softens it up a bit.
It's cold as heck right now too. Dropping for a storm coming. DEFINITELY felt softer on a 235y TCB shot into the par 5 than the UT off the first. It is really interesting. I'll have thoughts when I'm done.

Man that's an interesting ball. I'm gonna need a bit to wrap my head around some of that... Also really want to do a head to head with it against a couple others.

Man that's an interesting ball. I'm gonna need a bit to wrap my head around some of that... Also really want to do a head to head with it against a couple others.
Tell me everything.

Hey @ddec How would this ball compare to the Titleist and Callaway lineups? Seems to really split the difference for Srixon

This should be interesting considering your thoughts and looking forward to your posts!

Man, that is awesome that a couple of you guys have your hands on some of these. Looking forward to continued feedback. I stopped by the LGS and they were not out yet as expected. What is fun however, is that my fitter has been following my ball fitting journey the last month with Bridgestones, and we had a good little conversation today about looking forward to trying Diamond.

Tell me everything.

You'll surely regret it, but your wish is my command. lol

So that was interesting. I had practically promised I wouldn't play today after monitor testing sunday and playing and ranging the last two days and hurting, but it was the last weather day for a bit so I had to give it a go. Wife seems more forgiving than my body at the moment. lol Tried to play a variety of shots and work around the greens. Put together a little ASMR of some I captured for you kinky f***ers. ;) I could either bend or move, but not really at the same time, so despite trying play gently I was throwing my hands a bit and had a couple heely strikes. Ball was pretty straight though. And it was cold, wearing multiple cold gear layers, so everything here is based within that.

(Not in order apparently but I'm not doing it again)

It was interesting and I'll talk through my sure-to-evolve first impressions.

Overall it seemed good. I try not to log marketing to my brain until I hit/play things myself, but I swore they said it was soft somewhere and I had that in my head. Didn't seem soft off the first with the UT that's for sure. And I'm not sure how things come through in the video, but the feels were kind of wild.

Felt and sounded like a high compression ball off the driver face and it was NICE. I really look forward to resting a couple days and actually getting to hammer them. Addicting like XV. Feels fast. For the swing I had today and the conditions distances were good and it handled the wind well.

Mid-long irons (TCBs today) it felt like a higher compression ball and nothing really stood out there. Firmer in the cold and had to get after it a bit to really get some squoosh. Short irons same but it did seem to spin decently high. Will take more outings, but I specifically set myself up for a couple full short iron approaches where spin can really affect outcomes in tough conditions and it did seem to hold up a bit. Also hit a chippy one on the last that really did not seem to manage the wind well on spin. I have a full video of that and I was noticably surprised to come up short.

With specialties it did not feel 'soft' on full approach. It really stood out as a firmer ball to me audibly and on the hands there. Which is fine, not quite like off the tee, and still probably softer than XV. Softer cover is one thing, but not really compressing it at those speeds made it feel like a pretty firm ball. And T22 are pretty soft. Want to get it out with a set of blades. I'm really curious to see what they sound like with my MG3's too. Those things pop. Cold could be affecting the outer part of the core/mantle too on these I suppose, and they did get GOOD spin on full specialty approach. Real good. One really impressed me, despite it actually keeping me further from the hole. :mad:

And then the cover kind of takes over I think. Around the green it actually feels a little dead depending on what you're used to and want. Some would call it soft I think. Not me really. The ball isn't soft, but you get a lot of cover and the combo just doesn't have much feel to me. And then it actually sounds and feels pretty dang soft off my putter. Like, dense-ish and not bad in any way. Straighter blow than with baby wedges and it feels nice. I don't know. I feel like my brain is pretty much broken after having 7 different balls on course in the last week and need a day off. :LOL: Sounds mostly between Z Star and XV I think overall. Seemed VX-ish off the tee, CSX-y maybe on approach, but maybe didn't get quite the greenside action of a CSX, and sounds and feels pretty different.

I DEFINITELY want to put it up against the new CSX LS on sound and feel and short iron approach. I didn't have any with me or I would have today.

But my suspicion is that it when it's not pre-blizzard, or even better, WARM outside, it will be pretty hot off the tee and hold firm greens well. I could putt with it in just about any temperature. I liked that.

Last edited:
I really wish I did not have a stockpile of XVs…

I really wish I did not have a stockpile of XVs…
I never get why so many people stockpile unless they're dead set on playing the same ball over multiple generations. They change things so often now most just end up with a bunch they want to unload.

I never get why so many people stockpile unless they're dead set on playing the same ball over multiple generations. They change things so often now most just end up with a bunch they want to unload.

I buy when on sale as I normally do not change equipment/components. Been playing the XV for 6 solid years. I actually don’t have that many balls for most people. I’ve got 5 dozen that will last all year.
I definitely plan on getting a sleeve or case of the diamonds. On paper they will fit my game perfectly!

... Put together a little ASMR of some I captured for you kinky f***ers. ;)

Just found this video and comments on my lunch break. Awesome sounds on that video, that was awesome! Thanks for putting all that together for the ball lunatics. 🔥

I need to give these a legit try this season

Back