Mizuno Pro 221, 223, 225 and Fli-Hi Irons

I will be honest. Kinda wishing I had gone all 221s. But the fli hi’s are so dope.. maybe I will pick up a 5 and 6 221..
There ya go ... that's the THP way! (y)

February needs to come sooner...

Excited about the GW. I won’t lie.

F08F50DB-4979-4357-B122-0A738088F565.jpeg

Never used set gap wedge until these forged tecs. I don't miss the specialty wedge.

Man I'm excited for these to get here. Will be limited to the heated range for the first few weeks, but should get some trackman range numbers there. Is it Feb 3rd yet?

I need a 35+ day so i can give these beauties a run!

Anyone playing soon with theirs?

Depends on the weather. Could be this weekend - Sat 28-48F and Sunday 36 to 61F

I’m so close to ordering some 223s just because. @Jman how they set up vs King Tour? I’m make them one to two degrees stronger.

I’m so close to ordering some 223s just because. @Jman how they set up vs King Tour? I’m make them one to two degrees stronger.
I think they look better, but a lot of that is personal in that I think Mizuno gets the address look better than anyone.

I think they look better, but a lot of that is personal in that I think Mizuno gets the address look better than anyone.

hosel to head transition lines are outstanding!

My concern is that I’d be buying the “same” thing I already have. Can you do a pic with red lighting? 😂😂😂

Always, and it always seems to be where my eye wanders to first.

that Is absolutely the first thing I look at. Then toe shape.

Keep wandering back into here. The Fli HI is what gets me. Definitely pondering that and 225

Comparisons.

I love the 225 irons - a very powerful club. But today I compared the irons I've been playing since September against the 225.

Now I know why I like the 223's, which 7i is pictured in the second pic below against the Honma.

But look at the third pic that freaked me out - 223 7i v 225 7i.

225 on Left
Honma TW-X Gamer on Right

I grew accustomed to a shorter blade length.

IMG_1023.jpeg

Below we have the 223 7i on right and Honma TW-X on Left.

Honma has a wide yet beveled sole. :ROFLMAO:

223 slightly shorter heel to toe and the sole is more aesthetically pleasing.

IMG_1025.jpeg

Which is the 223?

IMG_1032.jpeg

225 on the right!

223 on the left.

I was looking more and the angle of the pic might not tell the whole story on the 223 sole. You've got more beveling on the 223 on the 7i than the 225 7i.

Which do I prefer? When I hit them more, I will let you know. Both are great. It comes down to your preferences.

Last edited:
Comparisons.

I love the 225 irons - a very powerful club. But today I compared the irons I've been playing since September against the 225.

Now I know why I like the 223's, which 7i is pictured in the second pic below against the Honma.

But look at the third pic that freaked me out - 223 7i v 225 7i.

225 on Left
Honma TW-X Gamer on Right

I grew accustomed to a shorter blade length.

View attachment 9061178

Below we have the 223 7i on right and Honma TW-X on Left.

Honma has a wide yet beveled sole. :ROFLMAO:

223 slightly shorter heel to toe and the sole is more aesthetically pleasing.

View attachment 9061179

Which is the 223?

View attachment 9061183

225 on the right!

223 on the left.

I was looking more and the angle of the pic might not tell the whole story on the 223 sole. You've got more beveling on the 223 on the 7i than the 225 7i.

Which do I prefer? When I hit them more, I will let you know. Both are great. It comes down to your preferences.
Interested to hear which you feel has more forgiveness between the 223 & 225. I'm all about the help that also doesn't look terribly bulky.

Interested to hear which you feel has more forgiveness between the 223 & 225. I'm all about the help that also doesn't look terribly bulky.

At least in the long to mids, the 225 has the longer blade length. When you get to the 7i, the blade length is about the same to me. On the sole of the 7i here, the 223 "looks" wider but it is beveled more than the 225 and Mizuno says it's about the same. Overall, the 225 due to the longer blade and other design features will be more forgiving, but in the 8-PW, I don't have the 225, so I can't say. But here is the chart. The chart indicates the 225 8-PW will be slightly longer in blade length than the 223. If you want more forgiveness, go 225. But how much more forgiveness are you getting from 7-PW? That's why I have a blended set. Most may break it up at 8-PW, GW

Last edited:
At least in the long to mids, the 225 has the longer blade length. When you get to the 7i, the blade length is about the same to me. On the sole of the 7i here, the 223 "looks" wider but it is beveled more than the 225 and Mizuno says it's about the same. Overall, the 225 due to the longer blade and other design features will be more forgiving, but in the 8-PW, I don't have the 225, so I can't say. But here is the chart. The chart indicates the 225 8-PW will be slightly longer in blade length than the 223. If you want more forgiveness, go 225. But how much more forgiveness are you getting from 7-PW? That's why I have a blended set.

Looking at this image of your, the 223 looks longer than the 225. Is it just the angle I guess?

1642640470920.png

Looking at this image of your, the 223 looks longer than the 225. Is it just the angle I guess?

View attachment 9061213

I believe so - putting them down at address, they look about the same to me - a millimeter here or there. See the beveling on the right side of the 223? Makes it look wider but it is not.

Back